New Mannequins? YES!

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 14, 2006, 08:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I couldn't sleep and I had an epiphany.
Why wouldn't ordinary meshes work as mannequins?
What was different?
Could it be that like my meshes, the mannequins were exported containing keyframes, rather than using a seperate keyframe/animation file like the meshes in Actors?
Yes, it could. I swapped in two of my meshes, and you can see the results below:

Thts a bit hard to see, but this one is clearer:

So, now we can put any mannequin we want in there too.
I just have to make a special set of limited keyframes (as my current ones do WAY too much running, punching etc etc etc.), ones that just stand and breathe and maybe fidget a bit.
WOOOOHOOOO!.
Sorry, got a bit excited again.

Dude, you deserve a statue devoted to you. Seriously.
Although, I'm at a loss as to where we would put one... :P

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

That's easy enough.  We take his picture, make a skin with it, then we get him to make a mesh modeled on his own body, and we use that as an outfit for, say Captain America (he's in the middle).  Then, we require everyone who downloads his work to switch to that skin and salute the screen before playing.

So does this work on XML meshes as well?

I am a noob and correct me if am wrong but that means you can change the position of the character within the select screen or this means it can be added more chars?

Quote from: Teancum on April 08, 2007, 09:00PM
So does this work on XML meshes as well?
Only on custom-made ones. See the first post.
Quote from: Peyo on April 08, 2007, 09:23PM
I am a noob and correct me if am wrong but that means you can change the position of the character within the select screen or this means it can be added more chars?
The position could be changed since Day One, because it's about the simplest procedure imaginable.
Now, adding new models, that was a problem... We still can't use more than 27 characters at a time though.

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

If mannequins are models with a built in animation, couldn't we just copy a mannequin, hex out the old model, and replace it with an XML one?  It retains the animation needed, but just has a different model.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Good luck to you on that, considering we haven't got the SLIGHTEST of ideas as to how the header of the IGB is organized and therefore are perfectly unable to hex anything out or in aside from the textures because they have clearly identifiable sizes and limits.

Crimson Dynamo says:

i'm sorry but i don't understand. does this mean that we can use a skin in the "actors" folder as a mannequin? and if yes, how?
what do i need to change to do it?

Quote from: Magneto on December 22, 2007, 01:28PM
i'm sorry but i don't understand. does this mean that we can use a skin in the "actors" folder as a mannequin? and if yes, how?
what do i need to change to do it?

thetommyboy2002 was talking about his meshes...............

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh! i told you i hadn't understood!

Hello everyone,
That's my first post here and i'd like to know if there's any way to change a mannequin height ? (Juggernaut seems a little small to me)
Scale factor is only working in game, isn't it ?

May 15, 2008, 07:01PM #12 Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 08:07PM by the amazing spiderman
umm....im sorry but i have absolutely no idea what any of this means. it sounds realy realy cool, so, lol, could som1 explain it clearly? And how do i get my characters to look as "nice looking"? they look realy..clear i guess.
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

This is great... this means we can use ordinary models - after a little modification - as mannequins! It won't take so much work to make them now :D