Maegawa's Stuff

Started by Maegawa, February 02, 2014, 07:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: LarsAlexandersson on August 23, 2015, 07:40PM
Any chance if you are planning DLC textured Hulk?

They have already been made by iammingy a long time ago... (except for Planet Hulk though)
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

Will you make Captain America Civil War huds?
I'm just a Unpopular SpideyFan with naggin' Habit for Camera
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/SuperiorSpyderSpideyFan
My DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/superiorspyder2002

Quote from: SuperiorSpidey 2002 on May 16, 2016, 12:12AM
Will you make Captain America Civil War huds?

Doing it right now!

Looking forward to your new skins.
:)

June 25, 2016, 02:57PM #184 Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:14AM by Maegawa
Version 1.1

Description:
Ever since I first installed Sunfire's mod, I've always complained about how his skill list was drastically reduced in comparison to his XML2 counterpart. I once stumbled across 12emre12's Sunfire booster that added his missing skills from XML2, but the download link wasn't working. Back then, my modding skills were rather limited, so there was nothing I could do about it. Recently, while playing XML2, I remembered about my issue with Sunfire, and decided to make this booster. Though the main goal of it is giving Sunfire his missing skills from XML2, there are other features I've added, which may or may not be listed...

Changes in v1.1:
1. Minor tweaks to the herostat, powerstyle and talent files.
-> There were some skills that built up the momentum bar and didn't make combos, that's because I had forgotten to add the is_power = true line to each entry, fixed now.

Notes for v1.0:
1. The passives are only manageable through the 1st skin slot, but they affect every skin. The 2nd passive is unlocked from the start (just like the 1st skill).

2. This mod replaces files and requires you to edit one or more files, remember to backup any file you are replacing/editing, as I am NOT responsible for the loss of any file.

3. This mod requires the original Sunfire mod to be installed first.

Features:
- All of Sunfire's skills from XML2. (with the exception of his 2nd Xtreme, 10 powers in total)
- Improvements to some powers.
- Mannequin effect. (see the [Mannequin Effect] folder for info)
- Minor changes to a few effects.
- New ability: Radiation Immunity.
- New Age of Apocalypse skin effect.
- New herostat.
- New knockback move.
- Sound and new effect for grab smash.
- XML2 style passives. (see note #1 for info)

Skills:
1. Ignite: Bursts nearby enemies into flames.
-> Now ignites enemies, just like Ghost Rider's Ravaging Flame. (power's name was Ignite but it didn't ignite enemies, WTF?)
-> The flaming hand effect was too rushed, so I delayed it a little.

2. Flamethrower: Shoots flames from hands in a wide arc.
-> New skill.
-> The damage of each hit was 0, now causes what is said in the talent.
-> The XML2 effect didn't work on MUA, and I wasn't able to fix it either, so I took Human Torch's effect and edited it in order to match the rest of Sunfire's effects.

3. Atomic Charge: A radiated homing projectile.
-> Used to cause 1 damage on impact, now causes what is said in the talent.

4. Fiery Geyser: Creates a column of flame that harms nearby enemies.
-> New skill.
-> Added screen shake effect.

5. Blazing Barrage: Launches fireballs at targets.

6. Flame Sword: Sweeping arc of fire that can hit multiple enemies. Increased critical chance.

7. Inferno: Launches a fireball that explodes on contact and harms nearby enemies for a time.
-> New skill.
-> Increased the attacks_per_second, life and maxinstances lines.

8. Flaming Fury: Adds $DMG_FIRE to melee attacks for self and allies.
-> New skill.
-> Added screen shake effect.
-> It didn't actually add $DMG_FIRE to melee attacks, fixed it.
-> Since the ATK trait doesn't exist in MUA, I removed that part of the power.

9. Ion Shield: Forms a shield of atomic particles that increases defense and damages enemies.
-> In XML2, it increases the DEF trait based on a percentage of the hero's current DEF. However, in MUA, it works different, as the hero's DEF trait is always 0, with the only way of increasing it being throught the costume passives. So instead of increasing a percentage of the trait, I made it add points to it.

10.Super Nova: Mushroom cloud that causes $DMG_FIRE and $DMG_RADIATION.
-> Both damages were triggered at the same time, causing only one of them to actually hit the enemies, so I added index = 1 and index = 2 in order to make both of them hit the enemies. I also added harming $DMG_RADIATION (just like the one from Atomic Charge) and massive knockback (gosh, it is a freaking nuclear explosion!).

Passives:
1. Fire Mastery: Increases damage and chance for criticals with $DMG_FIRE.

2. Elemental Combat: Adds additional $DMG_FIRE to melee attacks.

3. Ionize: Increases all resistances.

4. Mutant Master: Increases $EP regeneration.

Preview:

Mannequin effect:

New stuff:

Bugs:
1. Some skills, when used while flying, allow free movement while they are performed. I'm not sure whether this can be fixed or not, seeing as it is probably an animation issue.

Credits:
- BliZZ: original Sunfire mod.
- Maegawa: effects, XML2 stuff conversion/adaptation.
- Anyone else I forgot to credit.

Hey, amazing job with Sunfire! This character deserves full powerset :)

Thanks fellas :D

I plan to do it with other XML2 characters as well, next on my list is Gambit...

ATTENTION: If you've downloaded the Sunfire Booster before 06:18pm (MarvelMods time) 06/26/2016, download it again, as I have made some minor tweaks to the talent and powerstyle files.

Wow awesome! Hope Bishop and Toad are also in your list.

out of curiosity...i notice you state he has 10 powers. how were you able to accomplish this? i have tried adding powers to other mods, but can't get more than 9 to show up (8 + the extreme).

Quote from: edward on June 26, 2016, 09:58PM
Wow awesome! Hope Bishop and Toad are also in your list.

Gambit is almost done!

I was in doubt on who I'd do next, guess Bishop just got lucky...

Quote from: sbarth13 on June 27, 2016, 06:35AM
out of curiosity...i notice you state he has 10 powers. how were you able to accomplish this? i have tried adding powers to other mods, but can't get more than 9 to show up (8 + the extreme).

Well, I just added the powers normally.

I once heard that keyboard players had issues with the 10th power, but only if they changed the control settings, if they remained untouched they were able to use it. Controller players, on the other hand, I've never heard any of them claiming to have issues with the 10th power. I don't remember correctly, but I think it was in MUALover's Magneto booster topic.

Toad really need a proper 4 combat melee (& maybe throw). Maybe Nightcrawlerdlc 4 combat can
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Quote from: Maegawa on June 27, 2016, 08:29AM
I once heard that keyboard players had issues with the 10th power, but only if they changed the control settings, if they remained untouched they were able to use it. Controller players, on the other hand, I've never heard any of them claiming to have issues with the 10th power. I don't remember correctly, but I think it was in MUALover's Magneto booster topic.

Funny you mentioned that. It was during my own Magneto booster that I noticed the problem: Keyboard users can only use up to 10 powers (including boosts and Xtreme), seen at the bottom of the screen. Any more powers, and the game will crash. Controller players (like myself), on the other hand, have no limit -- but we have to cycle through the powers.

June 29, 2016, 10:56AM #194 Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:11AM by Maegawa
Version 1.1

Description:
Ever since I first installed Gambit's mod, I've always complained about how it differed from his XML2 counterpart; his basic attacks looked a little glitchy to me, among other things. I stumbled across many Gambit boosters since that day, some added features from MUA2, others gave him new effects, but none of them were what I wanted; a simple direct conversion of the XML2 character ("gosh, am I such a dick", I thought). Back then, my modding skills were rather limited, so there was nothing I could do about it. Recently, while playing XML2, I remembered abut my issue with Gambit, and decided to make this booster. It fixes his basic attacks issue, gives him 2 skills from XML2, adds a new costume passive system that you may have seen in my Sunfire booster, along with other features that may or may not be listed...

Changes in v1.1:
1. Added popup and Shield Credit drop increase to his Xtreme.

2. Minor tweaks to the herostat, powerstyle and talent files.
-> There were some skills that built up the momentum bar and didn't make combos, that's because I had forgotten to add the is_power = true line to each entry, fixed now.

Notes for v1.0:
1. The passives are only manageable through the 1st skin slot, but they affect every skin. The 1st passive is unlocked from the start (just like the 1st skill).

2. This mod replaces files and requires you to edit one or more files, remember to backup any file you are replacing/editing, as I am NOT responsible for the loss of any file.

3. This mod requires the Official Characters mod to be installed first.

4. This mod requires the original Gambit mod to be installed first.

Features:
- All of Gambit's skills from XML2. (with the exception of his 2nd Xtreme, 9 powers in total)
- Effect for trip attack.
- Fix to basic attacks.
- Minor changes to a few effects/powers.
- New ability: Charged Throw. (no, it isn't the same as the ones from other boosters)
- New grab smash.
- New herostat.
- No more hidden 10% energy resistance, now it is an ability that makes Gambit 100% immune to $DMG_ENERGY.
- Unique effects for knockback and jump smash attacks. (just like Dr. Doom's, but colored pink)
- XML2 style passives. (see note #1 for info)

Skills:
1. Card Shuffle: Multiple card projectile attack.
-> Decreased the number of cards at max level from 9 to 7, which is the official number from XML2.

2. Staff Assault: Multiple staff melee attacks in quick succession.

3. Ace of Spades: Gambit throws down cards in front of him that will blow up when enemies approach them, causing $DMG_RADIATION.
-> New skill.
-> Fixed the pulsating effect that was out of place.
-> Since it is a radiated move, I made its effects green. (it helps differing this skill from Full House)
-> The card projectile was too small, now it is the same size as the one from Card Shuffle.
-> The card trap is now a stationary card. (it didn't make sense for it to keep flipping over and over on the ground)
-> Used to cause 1 damage on impact/explosion, now causes what is said in the talent.

4. Staff Slam: Radial energy attack.
-> Fixed the dust effect that kept going after the power was over.
-> Fixed the ground crack effect that was out of place.

5. Full House: Gambit throws down cards in front of him that will blow up when enemies approach them, causing popup.
-> New skill.
-> Fixed the pulsating effect that was out of place.
-> The card projectile was too small, now it is the same size as the one from Card Shuffle.
-> The card trap is now a stationary card. (it didn't make sense for it to keep flipping over and over on the ground)
-> The hand effect only showed up on his right hand and was delayed, so I made show up earlier and on his left hand as well.
-> The sound of it was also delayed, so I made it play earlier too.

6. Detonation: Charges an enemy, causing massive $KB on explosion.
-> Additional effects on Gambit's hands.
-> Now causes damage when Gambit touches the enemy too.
-> Now the explosion sound plays upon explosion.
-> Switched the sound of when the power is executed.
-> The XML2 energized enemy effect was laggy (it didn't follow the enemy's movement), so I took Ms. Marvel's effect and edited it to match Gambit's.

7. Energy Form: Turns parts of Gambit's body into energy, improving defense and speed.
-> In XML2, it increases the DEF trait based on a percentage of the hero's current DEF. However, in MUA, it works different, as the hero's DEF trait is always 0, with the only way of increasing it being throught the costume passives. So instead of increasing a percentage of the trait, I made it add points to it.

8. Energy Fury: Gives nearby allies and self $DMG_ENERGY on all melee attacks.

9. 52 Pickup: Throws cards into the air which rain down $DMG_ENERGY.

Passives:
1. Energy Combat: Adds additional $DMG_ENERGY to melee attacks.

2. Evade: Increases chance to evade melee attacks.

3. Card Mastery: Adds damage to all projectile card attacks.

4. Mutant Master: Increases $EP regeneration.

Preview:

Charged Throw:

Works on all directions.

New stuff:

Bugs:
1. Though I used the same coding from Detonation, the Charged Throw explosion sound does not play.

Credits:
- BliZZ: original Gambit mod.
- Maegawa: effects, new grab smash, XML2 stuff conversion/adaptation.
- Anyone else I forgot to credit.