New V1.0: XMLBCUI Compiler IDE

Started by nba2kstuff, January 05, 2007, 10:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 05, 2007, 10:51PM Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 01:48PM by Outsider

Hello friends!

After some requests to make the XMLB compiler and decompiler easier to use for general users, i've developed a UI for it. The new program is called XMLB-Compiler-UI.

XMLBCUI is a front end user interface to make the process of decompiling, compiling, and editting of XML source scripts in Activision's Marvel Ultimate Alliance and X-Men Legends 2 games easier. These XMLB/ENGB files contain various command actions and attributes that govern the game API engine, and the scripts can be used to widely customize and mod the game with new, unique and fun features.

The main menu to the IDE is as follows:

Decompile Option

Use the Decompile menu option to browse for the INPUT XMLB/ENGB compiled file you wish to decompile into the script command .XML file. the dialog is as follows:

You then hit the Accept button to decompile the ENGB or XMLB file into the .XML text file script which you can edit. A console box will pop up and show you success or any errorss, so hit ENTER in it when the decompilation is completed. the  console box appears as follows:

Edit Option

Next, you would edit your generated .XML file with your new commands. Run the Edit menu option, and the currently selected XML script file will come up in notepad. Copy, Cut, and Paste whatever commands you see fit , then save your file.

Compile Option

After you have edited you newly modded custom commands in your source .XML text file, use the Compile menu option to rebuild your XMLB or ENGB file from your source text file.  Browse for your input XML source text file, then enter/browse for your output XMLB or ENGB compiled file, and hit Accept. see below:

The console box will popup showing success or error, then hit ENTER in the box, and your done!

Now run the game and see if your mod works the way you want it!!

download here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IJ7fnqOWXJH1e-Vw1RbLaCuMsGyLZuwP
(MIRROR) http://www.mediafire.com/?2s949t38aidelcd

peace and happy modding!!!

haha I knew if anyone could make this process easier you could, nice work! ;D

Members if you romance Nba2k right he may just make this for us:

Thanks so much NBA2kstuff, this works really well.
I hope everythings going good for you and your brother.
Cheers!

AWESOME! This is perfect for simpletons like me. ;)

Quote from: THX on January 05, 2007, 11:53PM
haha I knew if anyone could make this process easier you could, nice work! ;D

Members if you romance Nba2k right he may just make this for us:

Romance up eh? *heads to get flowers and candy....and a limo...and money....and something else*

Quick question, can this be used to decompile/recompile pkgb files as well?

Thanks,
Josh

Yes, they're the same type, just differently named. Remember to state the extension correctly when you recompile, it defaults to XMLB and that won't cut it for your purposes.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

This, as well as the old ones (which I prefer, btw) absolutely REFUSE to recompile the npcstat. No matter what I do. Any advice?

Hex editing? J/k, I actually hadn't attempted to work with the npcstat yet. My guess would be... It's too large for the program to handle, innit?

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: BliZZ on January 10, 2007, 01:47PM
This, as well as the old ones (which I prefer, btw) absolutely REFUSE to recompile the npcstat. No matter what I do. Any advice?

I just decompiled npcstat.xmlb, then recompiled it, with no problems.
Perhaps in editing it an error snuck in?

I'm trying to do the .engb

And, even if I made an error, it should still recompile fine.

Quote from: BliZZ on January 10, 2007, 03:11PM

I decompiled and recompiled npcstat.engb without error.
So either theres a problem with your PC, or you have made enough of an error that it will prevent recompilation.
Because it works for me.

Yes, they're the same type, just differently named. Remember to state the extension correctly when you recompile, it defaults to XMLB and that won't cut it for your purposes
in addition to changing the extension to .pkgb (or whatever you want) in the output textbox (for example), you could also hit the Browse button on the output .xml textbox and navigate to the file you wish to have as the output file. if the file exists, it should then create a backup .bak file of it, so it wont overwrite your existing one, and then generate the output as the file you select.

January 11, 2007, 10:43PM #13 Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 10:51PM by nba2kstuff
Quote from: BliZZ on January 10, 2007, 03:11PM

What needs to be carefully paid attention to is:
- the braces {},
- = signs
- and ; (semicolons).
if any of those characters are misplaced , the compile will clogg up im sure.
so be most careful of those.

if you prefer the command line versions of the program, you can still install the GUI version, and also downlaod the:
xmlb-compile v2.1 Batch utilities.
you can then Use Open With, and point your file extension to the XDCOMPILE, and XCCOMPILE batch scripts and use windows explorer to perform teh simlar processes.
you can read more how to set that up here:
http://www.nba2kstuff.org/mua/xmlb-compile-utils.txt

good luck!

I do. Trust me, I'm setting it up fine. I'm also using the batch utilities. I redefined Fury to Cyc in my herostat, so I'm trying to add him back into the npcstat to remove the '%' from his name. But the ****ing thing won't recompile >:( I've tried 10 or 12 times now.