Mortal Kombat - Release Katalog

Started by Outsider, June 30, 2017, 07:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I love this so much, I'm constantly checking back for updates. Good work!!!

Everyone, so I'm taking a little break from Mortal Kombat to work on a Marvel character (the Ancient One) and a DC character (Starfire). But after that, I will return to MK -- in which case I will work on my next kombatant... Khameleon!!!

Some of you may wonder why she was chosen when there are only eight spots left. Well, here are my reasons:
(1) She has the powers of all of the female ninjas, so kombatants that won't make the roster (i.e. Frost, Skarlet) would be playable through her.
(2) She has connections to Reptile, as she too is a Zaterran. The two of them can team up in MUA -- much in the same way as Raiden & Fujin (The Gods of Earthrealm), Liu Kang & Kung Lao (the Shaolin Monks), Sonya & Jax (Special Forces), and Shang Tsung & Quan Chi (the Deadly Alliance).

The outfit you see above would be her primary skin. I am unsure if I can acquire her costume from Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. I will work on her when I am done with Ancient One and Starfire. That's right -- she will be no longer exclusive to just Nintendo players. Stay tuned...

Yes!!! Khameleon is an excellent choice!!!

I can't believe I never thought to bring her up before -- definitely an underrated character. Also very interesting that she's been Nintendo exclusive in the official MK games.

I hope she shows up in the series again. Her character and story have so much potential, and could lead to more interesting developments with Reptile as well.

Outsider's you guys are doing a great job with MK, my congratulations ... and I still can not even test everyone kkkk
Hug.

Great news to hear on my 25th birthday(2nd April New Zealand time).

This is a great, subtle way to get many MK characters into the roster by technicality! Wonder if the male Chameleon will get made too, to compliment her and be able to have more male combatants playable in spirit. Or Shujinko, as he fills a lot of the same roles.

Quote from: TheMK on April 01, 2018, 09:47AM
Yes!!! Khameleon is an excellent choice!!!

I can't believe I never thought to bring her up before -- definitely an underrated character. Also very interesting that she's been Nintendo exclusive in the official MK games.

I hope she shows up in the series again. Her character and story have so much potential, and could lead to more interesting developments with Reptile as well.

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on April 01, 2018, 03:00PM
Great news to hear on my 25th birthday(2nd April New Zealand time).

This is a great, subtle way to get many MK characters into the roster by technicality! Wonder if the male Chameleon will get made too, to compliment her and be able to have more male combatants playable in spirit. Or Shujinko, as he fills a lot of the same roles.

Happy birthday Ceamonks! And a happy belated birthday to Maegawa! Lot of birthdays recently...

Oh man... :banghead: Considering your reactions, I feel really bad now to say this... the news of Khameleon was actually intended as an "April Fools" joke, being April 1. She actually isn't one of the eight remaining kombatants. My apologies.

However, it appears that she is more beloved than I thought. In the spirit of today also being Easter (Resurrection) Sunday, I will come up with another way to get her and Chameleon playable somehow, without taking one of the spots. That said, I've just set up a poll. How should I go about adding them in? I may go the route of the special hidden boost for the ninjas. Let me know what you think.

Oh, darn it XD you got me good! I remember wondering for two seconds as well also if it was a joke, but I quickly dispelled that, partially out of hope, as I'm a huge Khameleon fan. It's ridiculously evident by now, but I love many, many MK characters, some more than others, but most of them I'm very passionate about.

Personally, I think Khameleon would be ideal as an alternative skin for Jade if a mod of her gets made.

Hmmm... interesting. From the poll results so far, it would appear that people have mixed reviews about Chameleon and Khameleon being included somehow. The choices are neck-in-neck.

So, what exactly do I mean by "a hidden boost for all of the ninjas?" Well, for the male ninjas, if you hold block and press a button, the ninja you're playing as would become Chameleon in a small explosion while Shao Kahn says "Chameleon." He would probably move faster, and immune to energy damage. The same would go for the female ninjas, but Khameleon would appear instead. She would be semi-transparent and would have more critical strikes. So far, I do have a skin of Chameleon, but not of Khameleon. However, as soon as I find the time, I'll see if I can use 3DS Max and see if I can create my own models. (Wish me luck on that -- I may need it...) The Chameleon stuff probably won't happen until the eight remaining spots are filled, though.

I have two questions for you all:
(1) What is so great about Tanya? (No, she's not one of the eight.) I get baffled when I hear some people requesting her for entries in MK games, and honestly I just don't get the appeal. In my opinion, the only thing that makes her special (her selling point) is that she is seemingly the ultimate queen of betrayal, ever since MK4. Feel free to chime in on that.
(2) What is your view on Nitara? (She's not one of the eight, either.) The vampire was introduced in MK Deadly Alliance, and I thought she was interesting. They didn't really explore her story all that much, except for Cyrax helping her to find some strange orb so she can shatter it and save her realm. I think she could have been (or could grow to be) a strong villainess for MK. Feel free to chime in on that, too.

Quote from: Outsider on April 05, 2018, 07:58PM
Hmmm... interesting. From the poll results so far, it would appear that people have mixed reviews about Chameleon and Khameleon being included somehow. The choices are neck-in-neck.

So, what exactly do I mean by "a hidden boost for all of the ninjas?" Well, for the male ninjas, if you hold block and press a button, the ninja you're playing as would become Chameleon in a small explosion while Shao Kahn says "Chameleon." He would probably move faster, and immune to energy damage. The same would go for the female ninjas, but Khameleon would appear instead. She would be semi-transparent and would have more critical strikes. So far, I do have a skin of Chameleon, but not of Khameleon. However, as soon as I find the time, I'll see if I can use 3DS Max and see if I can create my own models. (Wish me luck on that -- I may need it...) The Chameleon stuff probably won't happen until the eight remaining spots are filled, though.

I have two questions for you all:
(1) What is so great about Tanya? (No, she's not one of the eight.) I get baffled when I hear some people requesting her for entries in MK games, and honestly I just don't get the appeal. In my opinion, the only thing that makes her special (her selling point) is that she is seemingly the ultimate queen of betrayal, ever since MK4. Feel free to chime in on that.
(2) What is your view on Nitara? (She's not one of the eight, either.) The vampire was introduced in MK Deadly Alliance, and I thought she was interesting. They didn't really explore her story all that much, except for Cyrax helping her to find some strange orb so she can shatter it and save her realm. I think she could have been (or could grow to be) a strong villainess for MK. Feel free to chime in on that, too.

I agree with your views on Nitara! In my opinion, she was definitely underrated and underused. Even though her outfits were, umm... Sultry... I like that she seemed to use her intellect more than anything, smartly manipulating not just Cyrax but Reptile. There's also somewhat of an element of honor to her, as she did fulfill her promise to Cyrax at least, although she was unintentionally indirectly responsible for Onaga being reincarnated through Reptile's body as a vessel. I really hope Nitara returns in a future game; if you're considering making a mod of her, or even an alternate skin for a character like, say, Skarlet, I'd definitely love to see it!

Quote from: TheMK on April 01, 2018, 07:55PM
Personally, I think Khameleon would be ideal as an alternative skin for Jade if a mod of her gets made.

I agree with TheMK and I saw the whole story and found it interesting if you did a Jade mod in the style of other mods like Black Canary / Batgirl and other doubles. I do not remember if I sent these Jade skins to you in the past and took a little time and did two skins for Khameleon. Here is ;)

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ae0n280eu5s6hx4/JADE-KHAMELEON-06-04-18.rar

Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

Quote from: Aventureiromax on April 06, 2018, 01:22PM
I agree with TheMK and I saw the whole story and found it interesting if you did a Jade mod in the style of other mods like Black Canary / Batgirl and other doubles. I do not remember if I sent these Jade skins to you in the past and took a little time and did two skins for Khameleon. Here is ;)

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ae0n280eu5s6hx4/JADE-KHAMELEON-06-04-18.rar

That's -awesome-!!! Sweet mannequin, too!

I forgot to mention how I felt about Tanya... I guess I'm indifferent to her. I agree she is a little overhyped -- Jade, her archrival, interests me a lot more as a character. She's my favorite of the female ninjas, tied maybe with only Khameleon, but if I had to pick one I'd go with Jade, only because she's been in the series more. I think what appeals to Tanya is her gameplay more than her character, since her story and motives do tend to be a little weak. Or maybe it just interests people that there are some evil Edenians whose motives aren't necessarily tied to Shao Kahn; in that regard, I'd find Rain to be the much more interesting of the two.

Quote from: TheMK on April 06, 2018, 03:46AM
I agree with your views on Nitara! In my opinion, she was definitely underrated and underused. Even though her outfits were, umm... Sultry... I like that she seemed to use her intellect more than anything, smartly manipulating not just Cyrax but Reptile. There’s also somewhat of an element of honor to her, as she did fulfill her promise to Cyrax at least, although she was unintentionally indirectly responsible for Onaga being reincarnated through Reptile’s body as a vessel. I really hope Nitara returns in a future game; if you’re considering making a mod of her, or even an alternate skin for a character like, say, Skarlet, I’d definitely love to see it!

Quote from: Aventureiromax on April 06, 2018, 01:22PM

Quote from: TheMK on April 06, 2018, 01:30PM
That's -awesome-!!! Sweet mannequin, too!

I forgot to mention how I felt about Tanya... I guess I'm indifferent to her. I agree she is a little overhyped -- Jade, her archrival, interests me a lot more as a character. She's my favorite of the female ninjas, tied maybe with only Khameleon, but if I had to pick one I'd go with Jade, only because she's been in the series more. I think what appeals to Tanya is her gameplay more than her character, since her story and motives do tend to be a little weak. Or maybe it just interests people that there are some evil Edenians whose motives aren't necessarily tied to Shao Kahn; in that regard, I'd find Rain to be the much more interesting of the two.

Thanks for your opinions, fellas. (And Aventureiromax - thanks for the Khameleon skins.) The results of an earlier poll showed that the majority want me to add more kombatants as alternates ("doubles" as Aventureiromax calls them), as long as genders are not mixed. It worked well with Goro / Kintaro. I will think of some kombatants I can do that with...

So a couple of days ago, the recent poll ended. The question was How should the Outsider implement the creation of Chameleon & Khameleon without taking a spot in the roster? With 40% of the poll, the winning choice says that I should have them as a hidden boost for all of the ninjas. Personally, I agree with that choice.

To remind everyone how that would work: For the male ninjas, if you hold block and press a button, the ninja you're playing as would become Chameleon in a small explosion while Shao Kahn says "Chameleon." He would probably move faster, and immune to energy damage. The same would go for the female ninjas, but Khameleon would appear instead. She would be semi-transparent and would have more critical strikes. I will likely do that once the roster is filled.

You also voted a while back that I should do whatever I can to have more kombatants in there without mixing genders. The most popular method is to create "dual mods" like I've done with Goro, having Kintaro as an alternate. I told everyone that I would think of some ideas, and get back to you all. Well, here are some I've thought of:

Sektor can be an alternate for Baraka, though animations may not be perfect.
Cyrax can be an alternate for a kombatant who's identity has not been revealed.
Kenshi can be an alternate for Kung Lao.
Frost can be an alternate for Kitana.
Tremor can be an alternate for Jax. ---(NOTE: I do not have a skin for Tremor as of yet.)---
Skarlet can be an alternate for Mileena, though her moves of blood may be very difficult.

Please note that these additions are not confirmed to happen, due to time restraint/availability or skinner availability. These are just ideas I'm thinking of. I may do some of them, but maybe not all of them. I'll also see what remaining skins are needed to complete the entire Mortal Kombat experience, including the new morphs for Shang Tsung. Man, so much work...

I'll return to MK soon, but I have to create DC's Starfire next. Stay tuned as kombat continues...

Excited that More Kombat is on the way, with Starfire in tow as well!

I was kind of hoping Kenshi would wind up being his own mod, but as long as he can be in MUA at all, I'd be happy with it. Same with Khameleon, though I saw her not being her own mod and rather an alternate skin or booster as much more likely.

I think the other ideas sound good too! In the end, I'm sure whatever you decide is best will be amazing!

I also like Nitara, mainly because she's a vampire. I'm surprised she wasn't in more MK games, she looked like an interesting character (and I think she was the only vampire character in a MK game). IMHO vampires should go perfectly with the MK series. Maybe Bloodrayne could be an alternate costume for her (I know she's not from MK, but she is another underused vampire. I was quite disappointed that she only had 3 games total. Although personally I only liked the first two ones.)