Mortal Kombat - Release Katalog

Started by Outsider, June 30, 2017, 07:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
A new kombatant has been unlocked -- Noob Saibot is now playable and his portrait has been revealed at the Warrior Select screen on the first post. Classic Sub-Zero is playable as an alternate with a couple of exclusive moves. Here is his bio...

NOOB SAIBOT:
The enigmatic Noob Saibot stepped through the portal to an alternate Earthrealm unnoticed and with an allegiance to no one. He seeks to gain power from a place called the Shadow Realm. His motives are unknown, but are no doubt of pure evil. However, he senses a supernatural presence lurking in the shadows in the form of a half-vampire wielding a katana hot on his trail. Noob Saibot is normally feared, but not by this warrior called the "daywalker." A fight between them is inevitable.

Now, my next project will not be a Mortal Kombat one, but a Marvel one and you'll think it's a rather ...strange pick. However, I will return to MK before you know it. In fact, per my request, AdrianoAp is currently making mannequins for some future kombatants. In the meantime, stay tuned.

Awesome can't wait to try him, but I don't know why I'm getting the same problem I had with sindel with smoke and jade. Jade has other animations some of her powers not working right. I don't get it I recently installed starfire and she didn't give me any kind of problem....please help.  :bowdown:

July 22, 2018, 06:17AM #197 Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 06:34AM by Outsider
Quote from: edward on July 21, 2018, 11:59PM
Awesome can't wait to try him, but I don't know why I'm getting the same problem I had with sindel with smoke and jade. Jade has other animations some of her powers not working right. I don't get it I recently installed starfire and she didn't give me any kind of problem....please help.  :bowdown:

This is seriously mind-baffling and frustrating... ok, a few questions for you:

1. How many mods have been suffering these random animation problems? Give a ballpark estimate.
2. Are these problems only happening with mods that I create?
3. Are these problems only happening with Mortal Kombat characters?
4. Are you using the GEC (Gold Edition Content) or 33R (33 Roster Hack), and if so, are these characters in the last 5 spots?
5. You said Jade is using "other animations" but she's listed using fightstyle_default, meaning she doesn't have more anims than others. What exactly is she doing?
6. What operating system is your computer using?
7. You mentioned that Smoke was amazing (thanks for that). Was he suffering those problems then, or just now?
8. Ever since I've sent you that modified file, has Sindel been good since then?

I ask these questions to try and pinpoint exactly what the problem is, as you seem to be the only one suffering these random animation problems. So, if they are having the same problems as Sindel, that means that some of their melee animations aren't working? And you said Jade's powers aren't looking right, either? I seriously don't get this at all.

Everyone, if there is anyone else having these random animation problems, let me know. Don't be silent about it. And if anyone has solutions or theories as to what is happening in Edward's game, feel free to mention them.

So excited!!! I love what you've done with Noob Saibot and how you managed to include Classic Sub-Zero as well!

I'm eager to see who else is going to make it as a mod :) fingers crossed for Kenshi! As long as he makes it in I couldn't be happier, but I feel confident that the remaining mods you'll create for MK will be very impressive.

Sorry I don't know exactly what I did but it seem to fix itself. Sorry all is good including sindel default odd. Anyways amazing job! :rockon:

Everytime I sign in and see a new face on the character selection screen in the first post it's like Christmas <3
Just gonna say, if you make Kabal my existence will be completed lol

Quote from: TheMK on July 22, 2018, 06:18AM
So excited!!! I love what you've done with Noob Saibot and how you managed to include Classic Sub-Zero as well!

I'm eager to see who else is going to make it as a mod :) fingers crossed for Kenshi! As long as he makes it in I couldn't be happier, but I feel confident that the remaining mods you'll create for MK will be very impressive.

I can't confirm nor deny anyone in particular, but I'd say you'll be pleased with my picks.

Quote from: edward on July 22, 2018, 10:11AM
Sorry I don't know exactly what I did but it seem to fix itself. Sorry all is good including sindel default odd. Anyways amazing job! :rockon:

Thanks for that. I hope you'll somehow remember what you did in case it happens again...

Quote from: AfroSkylark on July 29, 2018, 12:42AM
Everytime I sign in and see a new face on the character selection screen in the first post it's like Christmas <3
Just gonna say, if you make Kabal my existence will be completed lol

Don't you mean Khristmas? :laugh: Yeah, as you can tell I'm a big Mortal Kombat fan. Stay tuned as more kombatants reveal themselves -- I'll return to MK soon.

Very great!!! I'm definitely looking forward to everything you do next!

August 05, 2018, 06:12PM #203 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 06:16PM by Rinswind
First off, loving all these MK mods! Have most of em on my roster atm lol. One of my favorites probably has to be Baraka but, I seem to be having an issue with him that I can't track down the cause of.

His powers "The Shredder" and "Tarkatan Tenderizer" are doing ludicrous amounts of damage, like 600+. This is when starting a new game on Hard mode. The tooltips say they should be normal damage, like 50-60, as do the corresponding powers in the talents file. I get a similar issue with Kano's "Knife Uppercut" which does 300+ and Stryker's "Riot Control" also 300+.

Not sure if it's related to the mod or some weird clashing issue with another file or what, is anyone else having this happen?

Everyone, a new kombatant has been unlocked -- Cyber Sub-Zero is now playable. Select Sub-Zero at the Warrior Select screen, then download the Sub-Zero booster, as it's been heavily updated. Unit LK-52O is now an alternate costume with some unique extra powers. He can throw an ice bomb (which can freeze multiple enemies at a time), can perform a diving kick from mid-air, and can teleport. His bio has been added.

CYBER SUB-ZERO:
Having been automated by the Lin Kuei, yet somehow maintaining his soul, Sub-Zero looks to be able to switch between human and cyber form at any time, to make the Lin Kuei pay. As he enters an alternate Earthrealm, he saw what appears to be a man the size of an ant. He followed him to eventually speak with Hank Pym in the hopes that he can accomplish his goal.

One thing, though -- Cyber Sub-Zero's skin is suffering from stiff hands and can't make fists, which makes his attacks look weird. Blacthulhu made the skin, and I have asked him to fix that if is he able to. He admitted that all of his skins are stiff-handed, but I've been trying to get him to work with Andersonbrazil on fixing the problem. Maegawa has provided him with tutorials from Dark_Mark. Let us hope that this problem gets fixed in a timely manner, so we can all enjoy Cyber Sub-Zero better.

Quote from: Rinswind on August 05, 2018, 06:12PM
First off, loving all these MK mods! Have most of em on my roster atm lol. One of my favorites probably has to be Baraka but, I seem to be having an issue with him that I can't track down the cause of.

His powers "The Shredder" and "Tarkatan Tenderizer" are doing ludicrous amounts of damage, like 600+. This is when starting a new game on Hard mode. The tooltips say they should be normal damage, like 50-60, as do the corresponding powers in the talents file. I get a similar issue with Kano's "Knife Uppercut" which does 300+ and Stryker's "Riot Control" also 300+.

Not sure if it's related to the mod or some weird clashing issue with another file or what, is anyone else having this happen?

Strange... I've looked at the talents and powerstyle files of those characters, and they are all fine (minus one error in Kano where I put "dmg-blade" instead of "dmg_blade").  The enemies should be "harder" in Hard mode, yet they take more? Baraka's powers cause enemies to bleed, but only by 5% extra damage. I can't find any reason why you're experiencing that problem. Did you accidentally input the Level 99, God mode, or One Hit Kill cheat codes? Because that amount of damage -- especially in Hard mode, isn't natural. I am curious as well if anyone is having that problem as well.

August 05, 2018, 10:38PM #205 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:47PM by Rinswind
Quote from: Outsider on August 05, 2018, 09:00PM

Strange... I've looked at the talents and powerstyle files of those characters, and they are all fine (minus one error in Kano where I put "dmg-blade" instead of "dmg_blade").  The enemies should be "harder" in Hard mode, yet they take more? Baraka's powers cause enemies to bleed, but only by 5% extra damage. I can't find any reason why you're experiencing that problem. Did you accidentally input the Level 99, God mode, or One Hit Kill cheat codes? Because that amount of damage -- especially in Hard mode, isn't natural. I am curious as well if anyone is having that problem as well.

Yea, no cheats or anything, full roster works fine in new game Hard mode yet those couple skills I mentioned doing that high damage for some reason. I change my roster and remove Baraka, re-add him with different characters and all, and it still remains. :O

Like I said though his other powers and basic melee are working normally, it's just Shredder and Tenderizer that's behaving oddly.

Quote from: Rinswind on August 05, 2018, 10:38PM
Yea, no cheats or anything, full roster works fine in new game Hard mode yet those couple skills I mentioned doing that high damage for some reason. I change my roster and remove Baraka, re-add him with different characters and all, and it still remains. :O

Like I said though his other powers and basic melee are working normally, it's just Shredder and Tenderizer that's behaving oddly.

I haven't tried Baraka yet, but I do see what you mean with Kano -- just two of his Knife Uppercut seems to take out enemies. It's possible that Kano's "dmg-blade" error may be causing it, but I'm not sure. I saw no problems with Stryker's Riot Control -- damage was normal. After I try out Baraka, I'll see what I can do.

Very cool! (no pun intended!)

I have to admit I wasn't the biggest fan of Cyber Sub-Zero when he debuted in MK9, but I softened up to him a little bit after he got uncyberized in MKX. I have mixed feelings about how the reboot series has altered the storyline (not just the apparent changes from Raiden's foresight, but retroactive things they changed, like Mileena's age and Goro's morality). I feel like at some point they had dropped the ball with MK9's story (mostly around Sindel's power hour) and then picked it back up pretty smoothly for MKX (despite some MK9 changes that made me sad, mostly the fate of most of the revenants, I feel they made a pretty good story out of it).

Still, I like this idea :) Sub-Zero not being trapped in his cyber form, but being able to switch between it and his classic self freely. Very nice update!

August 06, 2018, 09:37AM #208 Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:45AM by Rinswind
Quote from: Outsider on August 06, 2018, 02:59AM
I haven't tried Baraka yet, but I do see what you mean with Kano -- just two of his Knife Uppercut seems to take out enemies. It's possible that Kano's "dmg-blade" error may be causing it, but I'm not sure. I saw no problems with Stryker's Riot Control -- damage was normal. After I try out Baraka, I'll see what I can do.

Riot Control is working normally for me now for some reason, however for Kano I've tried changing dmg-blade to dmg_blade to no effect, Knife Uppercut still does about 250 dmg in a new game.

On a semi-related note, if I may leave a small piece of feedback, I think Kano's "Optic Upgrade" might be a smidgen too powerful the way it currently works. Almost feels like cheating when I can just use all my energy on the buff and just spam high single target and AoE laser attacks for free permanently. I suppose that comes down to self-control and not abusing the buff, it's just that the nature of it makes it hard not to abuse just by playing normally is my point I guess. Either way Kano is friggin awesome and will probably be staying on my roster pretty much full time :P

Quote from: Rinswind on August 06, 2018, 09:37AM
On a semi-related note, if I may leave a small piece of feedback, I think Kano's "Optic Upgrade" might be a smidgen too powerful the way it currently works. Almost feels like cheating when I can just use all my energy on the buff and just spam high single target and AoE laser attacks for free permanently. I suppose that comes down to self-control and not abusing the buff, it's just that the nature of it makes it hard not to abuse just by playing normally is my point I guess. Either way Kano is friggin awesome and will probably be staying on my roster pretty much full time :P

I don't mind any criticism or feedback at all. My take on it is that yes, Kano's Optic Upgrade is a bit on the powerful side, but like you said, it all comes down to self-control. Take Noob Saibot in the games for example: All he had to do was nail someone with his Ghost Ball, and enemy attacks would be useless long enough to land two uppercuts or a sick combo, defeating them easily. So skilled players won't just use that all match long, for that's cheap and no fun. Say you picked Reptile or Smoke -- they have invisibility, but players wouldn't continuously use it just to gain an advantage. Heck, even Shang Tsung's many morphs should be used in moderation. Same thing here.

But, I hear what you're saying -- if I get Kano's MK9 skin, I may modify him by lowering the boost's duration, allowing players to think twice about spamming it. Nonetheless, good to hear that you dig Kano and the MK mods as a whole. Still don't know what's causing the random high-damage output, though...

Quote from: TheMK on August 06, 2018, 04:25AM
Very cool! (no pun intended!)

I have to admit I wasn't the biggest fan of Cyber Sub-Zero when he debuted in MK9, but I softened up to him a little bit after he got uncyberized in MKX. I have mixed feelings about how the reboot series has altered the storyline (not just the apparent changes from Raiden's foresight, but retroactive things they changed, like Mileena's age and Goro's morality). I feel like at some point they had dropped the ball with MK9's story (mostly around Sindel's power hour) and then picked it back up pretty smoothly for MKX (despite some MK9 changes that made me sad, mostly the fate of most of the revenants, I feel they made a pretty good story out of it).

Still, I like this idea :) Sub-Zero not being trapped in his cyber form, but being able to switch between it and his classic self freely. Very nice update!

I agree that they made Sindel look far too powerful during MK9's story mode. It was ridiculous. And to be honest, I felt that Cyber Sub-Zero was a great idea, but he would have been better off as an alternate costume for Sub-Zero in the same way that the Lin Kuei's robo-ninjas both had their human versions as alternate costumes in MK9. That way, he doesn't take a roster spot that could have been used for guys like Fujin or Chameleon or who ever the heck that shimmering woman was in Jade's ending...

Same thing here. I like Cyber Sub-Zero, but it doesn't make sense to me that he takes one of the 9 remaining roster spots when he can just be an alternate for Sub-Zero. Now we get to play as him and no spots were taken. Problem solved.