Mortal Kombat - Release Katalog

Started by Outsider, June 30, 2017, 07:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is a repost of two very important announcements.

Everyone, my Raiden booster has been updated. I've made his Fatality strike lightning three times instead of once, and the main change... Dark Raiden now has red lightning effects!!! This change is in reference to his new appearance in the upcoming Mortal Kombat 11. Dark Raiden to my knowledge is not a villain, but is far more aggressive in defending Earthrealm. Here is his bio:

DARK RAIDEN:
Taking a more aggressive approach in protecting Earthrealm, Raiden takes this same killer instinct to defend an alternate Earth from Shao Kahn, Shinnok, and the like. However, some warriors from Asgard such as the guardian of the Bifrost Bridge believes that Raiden's new methods are harsh and unbecoming of a god. As a result, this guardian along with a blonde chooser of the slain will be watching him and will intervene if he goes too far.

Also...

Thanks to the efforts of Maegawa, Rodrigo79, Jaybird, Ceamonks890, Nickjustint, LTCProductions, BaconWizard17, UltraMegaMagnus, Erik Lensherr, & TheMK --  The Marvel Mods community has successfully answered all 10 questions correctly, defeating the Test Your Might challenge! As a reward, you have unlocked The Outsider's special secret. To claim your prize, go to the Warrior Select Screen at the first post, and click on the mystery portrait...

In addition to the good stuff above...

A new kombatant has been unlocked -- Shinnok has been released, and his portrait has been added to the Warrior Select screen at the first post. Here is his bio:

SHINNOK:
The fallen Elder God known as Shinnok is fully aware of Shao Kahn's invasion of an alternate Earthrealm. He wants the plan of Odin's power being stolen to work... only for him to steal it at the end. Shinnok is a god and can wield the immense power without the realms becoming lifeless, useless voids. Shinnok laughs, knowing that all the fighting just leads him to his goal. However, his presence was noticed by a half-alien outlaw with a love for 80's music. His team will do whatever it takes to stop the tyrant.

Also, Quan Chi and Kabal were updated due to some minor errors found.

December 24, 2018, 03:08PM #348 Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 03:35PM by Outsider
Ladies and gentlemen, we have reached a milestone. The Mortal Kombat roster is complete!!! For screenshots and details on how to set up your roster of kombatants, click here: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,58.msg193333.html#msg193333.

All 33 warriors are done, and that's all we should do, as if any more MK mods are done, you'd have to pick and choose who you want and someone would get left out. Not exactly ideal. 33 is currently the maximum amount of playable characters we can have (albeit with some problems with the last five listed).

That said, if the playable roster were extended to let's say 40, here's the seven kombatants that The Outsider would have chosen to mod (in no particular order):

(1) Kotal Kahn: One of my favorite characters in Mortal Kombat X, he would have been a cool mod for sure. His totems of his Blood God variation would have made for good boosts.

(2) Tanya: Even though I personally still don't get why she's so popular, the fact remains that she is, so she likely would've been chosen. Though, her moveset wouldn't be all that inspiring.

(3) Cassie Cage: The daughter of two Mortal Kombat originals would have been a definite pick, as she has solid moves, looks attractive, and besides, the roster could use more women.

(4) Bo' Rai Cho: A sensei for many warriors, this plus-size kombatant is sometimes a joke character with the puking and... flatulance, but I would've made his fighting style no laughing matter.

(5) Nitara: I like vampires, but her appearance in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance left a lot to be desired, so I would have likely came up with an original moveset for her.

I would have left the last two spots open in case anyone cool comes out from the upcoming Mortal Kombat 11. I'm still hoping that "shimmering woman" from Jade's MK9 ending is somehow in MK11. If she is, she likely would be picked. Others like Ashrah, Erron Black and Li Mei would have been considered as well.

Oh well... we can't have more than 33, but if it becomes a possibility someday, you now know who I would be thinking about modding.

Talk about a Christmas present!! Thank you SO much Outsider, I can't wait to complete the roster and try out the secret character :D hopefully one day the limitation on roster will be patched and we can see Nitara in this game too. Merry Christmas!!

Everyone, for those who love the Mortal Kombat roster on MUA, here is some MK on MUA Content that I've made: https://www.mediafire.com/?ejhj95591o5ho8z.
It's basically jpg files of the MK bios I've wrote, along with a small general story. It's just some stuff "fan fiction" I've made to compliment the roster. Check them out.

Quote from: AfroSkylark on December 25, 2018, 01:31AM
Talk about a Christmas present!! Thank you SO much Outsider, I can't wait to complete the roster and try out the secret character :D hopefully one day the limitation on roster will be patched and we can see Nitara in this game too. Merry Christmas!!

I appreciate the compliment. Won't hold my breath on the roster being further expanded, but perhaps one day if somebody finds a ground-breaking discovery...

So for those you don't know, many details were given about the upcoming Mortal Kombat 11, and as an MK fan, I have to tell you, I'm excited for it. I particularly like the storyline feud between Raiden (Dark Raiden, really) and the new female boss Kronika, the keeper of time. The prologue video is awesome. (Still unknown if she were the mysterious "shimmering woman" from Jade's ending, but from what she said to Shinnok, it sure sounds likely.)

Check out this link for more: https://www.shacknews.com/article/109426/mortal-kombat-11-kollectors-and-premium-edition-pre-order

Excited for MK11 as I am? Sound off.

I am pretty optimistic about the game as well :)

From the sound of things some of my favorites/mains are back in (Sub-Zero, Raiden, Cassie Cage) are back in and the new characters (Kronika and Geras) sound like they'll be interesting. Also it's cool to see Skarlet and Baraka again. I kind of hope that the rest of the roster are a mix of some of the cooler additions/inclusions of MKX (Johnny Cage, Goro, Reptile, Erron Black, Kotal Kahn) and returning characters from MK9 with cool updates (Jade, Noob Saibot, Stryker, etc.).

I'm definitely getting the premium addition right away XD as much as I feel torn about how they do their DLC, NRS is one of the only companies where I feel like it's worth it personally, just because I love what they do that much. I'm hoping we get some more cool guest characters this time around -- personally I'd really enjoy seeing Spawn and Ash Williams in there.

I'm excited for the story as well. Something Ed Boon mentioned is that Kronika has secretly been in the background ever since the original MK1, and the story would involve characters meeting younger versions of themselves; I think that could be very interesting.

Quote from: TheMK on January 18, 2019, 04:38AM
Something Ed Boon mentioned is that Kronika has secretly been in the background ever since the original MK1...

Whoa... never, ever take anything Ed Boon says seriously. He's been saying that Chameleon was around since the first tournament as well. I can't speak for others but I never saw him. He also said back in 2015 that MK9 would be backwards compatible... it still isn't. So unless Kronika is a shape-shifter that posed as a shadow Santa in MK1, as "Hornbuckle" in MK2, as Cyrax in the UMK3 desert etc. (which would be cool to say), I would say that she wasn't around back then.

Skarlet looks like she got a huge improvement and fights like a beast. If the "shimmering woman" from Jade's MK9 ending isn't Kronika, then I hope she is one of the newest characters, in which case Jade would have to be in somehow. As for UFC/WWE star Ronda Rousey playing as Sonya, it seems to be getting mixed reactions from people. Personally, I don't mind -- I'd rather Sonya look like someone who can legitimately kick your ass then for her to look like a blonde sex vixen. Too bad they can't go back to using real actors in-game. I miss that honestly, as it felt more real then.

I don't think he meant the literal background as in the arenas in the games, but rather hiding within in the lore retroactively. Mortal Kombat is notorious for retcons, after all (Noob Saibot had been around since MK2, but no one knew he was the reincarnation of the original Sub-Zero until Deception).

The one thing that puzzles me is, if she's upset with Raiden for messing with the timeline, why wait until right after Mortal Kombat X to do anything about it? Maybe something about how the ending transpired finally spurred her into action. I guess we'll see when the game comes out.

Oh you finish the roster that is so sick dude!

Quote from: TheMK on January 18, 2019, 04:38AM
I am pretty optimistic about the game as well :)

From the sound of things some of my favorites/mains are back in (Sub-Zero, Raiden, Cassie Cage) are back in and the new characters (Kronika and Geras) sound like they'll be interesting. Also it's cool to see Skarlet and Baraka again. I kind of hope that the rest of the roster are a mix of some of the cooler additions/inclusions of MKX (Johnny Cage, Goro, Reptile, Erron Black, Kotal Kahn) and returning characters from MK9 with cool updates (Jade, Noob Saibot, Stryker, etc.).

I'm definitely getting the premium addition right away XD as much as I feel torn about how they do their DLC, NRS is one of the only companies where I feel like it's worth it personally, just because I love what they do that much. I'm hoping we get some more cool guest characters this time around -- personally I'd really enjoy seeing Spawn and Ash Williams in there.

I'm excited for the story as well. Something Ed Boon mentioned is that Kronika has secretly been in the background ever since the original MK1, and the story would involve characters meeting younger versions of themselves; I think that could be very interesting.

It's gonna be awesome, wish I could buy it, unfortunately it's too much expensive here in my country and I have already bought the new RE2 Remake, another franchise I'm a big fan.

March 26, 2019, 12:56PM #357 Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 06:03PM by Outsider
Mortal Kombat 11 is less than a month away, and already it's looking better than MKX. Thanks to TheMK for info that I wasn't aware of. So far (to my knowledge) the confirmed roster so far are below.
(RED = Wasn't modded for MUA, no more space.)
(BOLD RED = New kombatant.)

Baraka
Cassie Cage
Cetrion
D'Vorah
Erron Black
Geras
Frost
Jacqui Briggs
Jade
Jax
Johnny Cage
Kabal
Kano
Kitana
Kollector
Kotal Kahn
Kronika (Unplayable Boss)
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Noob Saibot
Raiden
Scorpion
Shang Tsung (DLC)
Shao Kahn (DLC)
Skarlet
Sonya Blade
Sub-Zero

It has also been said that the kombatant that was seen visiting the Krypt was not Rain, so it may be a new character entirely. We'll just have to wait and see. I know there was some leak of who the full character roster will consist of, but let's keep this thread official, where info is released as they release it. MK11 is looking damn good so far.

Everyone, Johnny Cage has been updated. While I was working on Blue Marvel, I realized there was a way for the character to slide. That said, Johnny Cage's Shadow Kick wasn't gliding as it does in the games. It does now.

Has anyone played the MK11 beta? I did, and it was off the damn hook. Can't wait for the full game.

In other news, Canino will contribute to the MK thread, as he is going to produce one or several videos featuring the MK mods. He can be as creative with it as he wants, and we've seen how his videos look, so expect something entertaining for the warriors of MK. What better way to get us excited for the release of MK11? Stay tuned.

Very awesome! :)

I really wanted to play the beta, but didn't get the chance :( I'm absolutely getting the game, though! It does look really great.