Mortal Kombat - Release Katalog

Started by Outsider, June 30, 2017, 07:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Outsider on August 06, 2018, 01:04PM
But, I hear what you're saying -- if I get Kano's MK9 skin, I may modify him by lowering the boost's duration, allowing players to think twice about spamming it. Nonetheless, good to hear that you dig Kano and the MK mods as a whole. Still don't know what's causing the random high-damage output, though...

Ah so were you able to test and see if you were experiencing similar issues with Baraka as well then? Curious if it's related to the mod or something I fudged up myself.

Quote from: Rinswind on August 07, 2018, 04:53PM
Ah so were you able to test and see if you were experiencing similar issues with Baraka as well then? Curious if it's related to the mod or something I fudged up myself.

Yes, I have, and unfortunately Baraka does suffer that problem with those two moves. However, the problem is that I don't know how to fix them. The coding is correct, and the damage output listed at the talents file is also spot on. If anyone has an idea as to what is causing it, let me know here.

Quote from: Outsider on August 07, 2018, 10:28PM
If anyone has an idea as to what is causing it, let me know here.

I took a look at the coding for Baraka's "The Shredder", and I can point out what is causing the huge damage issue:
      trigger {
      damage = %baraka_p3_dmg ;
      damagetype = dmg_blade ;

hiteffect = char/wolv/p11_power ;
      name = punch ;
      powerusage = %baraka_p3_pwr ;
      time = 0.25 ;
         damagemod {
         name = dmgmod_stun ;
         }

damagemod {
         name = dmgmod_popup ;
         }

}

Between the two lines in bold there should be a damagescale = none line, because punch entries have damagescale = normal set by default, meaning their damage increases according to the character's Strike stat. (fun fact: Ronin's "Spine Teaser" causes ridiculous amounts of damage because of that too)

Although I haven't checked the other powers who reportedly cause huge damage, the cause is likely to be the same.

To be sure on which entries require the damagescale = none line, the shared_event_templates.xmlb file has all the info on them.
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

Quote from: Maegawa on August 08, 2018, 09:12PM
I took a look at the coding for Baraka's "The Shredder", and I can point out what is causing the huge damage issue:
Between the two lines in bold there should be a damagescale = none line, because punch entries have damagescale = normal set by default, meaning their damage increases according to the character's Strike stat. (fun fact: Ronin's "Spine Teaser" causes ridiculous amounts of damage because of that too)

Although I haven't checked the other powers who reportedly cause huge damage, the cause is likely to be the same.

To be sure on which entries require the damagescale = none line, the shared_event_templates.xmlb file has all the info on them.

Ah yes, I forgot about that line! You see how one missing line can throw everything off? Thanks for that. It appears that some of Baraka's powers have that line and some ("punch" powers) do not. Kano's Knife Uppercut has that problem as well. Stryker's Riot Control does not since it's a radial power.

(Shao Kahn voice): "Well done."

For his many contributions to be seen later, UltraMegaMagnus has been added to the contributors line at the first post.

I will fix Kano and Baraka shortly when I am finished with my current Secret Mod project.

Everyone, in light of Rinswind's discovery, Baraka and Kano have been updated. Thanks to Maegawa for seeing the fix.

What was that ominous message that Clea mentioned at the Sanctum Santorum? Something about an immense energy that stalks the house like a wolf in the night? Hmm...

Nightwolf's next, ey? Look forward to seeing your take on him :)

It sounds like the MK1-3 crowd is getting rounded out! Exciting!

Everyone, in addition to Baraka and Kano being updated due to Rinswind's discovery, Sub-Zero has been updated with a better Cyber Sub-Zero skin that doesn't have stiff hands and can even open his chest compartment to fire his Ice Bomb! Download them quick before you forget to. Don't say that I didn't tell you they were updated.

Ah, awesome news! Thanks for the updates and fixes :D  And thank you Maegawa for finding out what the issue was! Now they can be perma additions to my roster =)

I know it's been awhile, but I'm back now to Mortal Kombat, as I have to switch between here and the comics section when time allows.

Here is the bio for Robot Smoke, obviously different from Human Smoke:

SMOKE (ROBOT):
Forced into automation by the Lin Kuei, Smoke is now an emotionless killing machine. Having allegiance to no one as he enters an alternate Earthrealm, his only mission is to kill Sub-Zero. Forcing a scientist there with four mechanical arms to enhance his strength and weaponry, Smoke begins his mission to terminate the rogue ninja. However, his soul may not be completely gone...

So as you've learned by now, Nightwolf is next. But, the kombatant who is coming after that may surprise some of you... Stay tuned.

NOW, KOMBAT KONTINUES...

Awesome! Eagerly looking forward to your next mods!

A new kombatant has been unlocked. Nightwolf is now playable, and his portrait has been added to the Warrior Select screen at the first post. Select the Native American shaman and check him in action. Here is his bio:

NIGHTWOLF:
With the aid of his ancestors, Nightwolf was able to temporarily repel the wolf spirit that had been corrupted by Shao Kahn. However, the curse remains and he seeks help. While focused on aiding the warriors of light against Shao Kahn's invasion of an alternate Earthrealm, Nightwolf senses sheer power within a lovely woman in scarlet gypsy clothing. He believes that she is the key to his curse ending.

Very awesome! I'm excited to see which kombatant is next!