Mortal Kombat - Release Katalog

Started by Outsider, June 30, 2017, 07:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
8 spots remain on the MK roster. So, who's coming next? Well, there's not enough women on roster. We need another one... perhaps one that is super strong, has experience as a bodyguard ...and oh yeah, has four arms.

For those of who you may worry that this kombatant is going to play exactly like a certain four-armed sub-boss, no worries. I don't make cookie-cutter mods, and this one will play differently. Stay tuned for her.

Sheeva? Awesome!

I always loved the shokans in the MK games :) having her be the first playable one in the series always made MK3 stand out to me.

God yes!! I've been hoping so hard for Sheeva lol I neeeeed my Mortal Kombat 3 family 

A new kombatant has been unlocked. Sheeva is now available and her portrait has been added to the Warrior Select screen at the first post. Check her out now. Here is her bio.

SHEEVA:
The four-armed Shokan lady called Sheeva has aligned with Shao Kahn's forces in their attempt to take over an alternate Earthrealm. However, before she could get very far, a jade-colored muscular woman stood in front of her, looking to fight her. Sheeva roared as she ran to meet her challenger.

Also, on the Marvel side, John Blaze and Secret Mod 4 have been updated as they now have mannequins.

So, I know I haven't announced who the next kombatant is yet, but I've been very busy updating many of my Marvel mods, as they gained a lot of skin and mannequin improvements. Stay tuned for the next kombatant ...have you've already figured out who it is? (Enter Shao Kahn laugh)

OH!!! OH GOD!!!

MY HYPE IS REAL!!!

September 09, 2018, 11:56PM #233 Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 11:58PM by AfroSkylark
Yay! Awesome! I have a weird issue with Sub Zero that i'm not sure has been brought up by anyone else. For some reason, after installing the character and booster pack on a clean save with the 33 character roster hack, I can't seem to get Cyber Sub Zero to appear. The MK9 skin works, as shown in the pic attached, but it seems to have the talent tree of what would be Cyber Sub Zero, and the Cyber Sub Zero skin is simply a blank line.

https://imgur.com/a/x2ESzyk

Attempting to select the blank skin crashes the game, and I can't find anything specifically off about my herostat. The Sub Zero entry isn't in the first of last five of the herostat either, so I can't seem to figure out what's wrong :(

Quote from: AfroSkylark on September 09, 2018, 11:56PM
Yay! Awesome! I have a weird issue with Sub Zero that i'm not sure has been brought up by anyone else. For some reason, after installing the character and booster pack on a clean save with the 33 character roster hack, I can't seem to get Cyber Sub Zero to appear. The MK9 skin works, as shown in the pic attached, but it seems to have the talent tree of what would be Cyber Sub Zero, and the Cyber Sub Zero skin is simply a blank line.

https://imgur.com/a/x2ESzyk

Attempting to select the blank skin crashes the game, and I can't find anything specifically off about my herostat. The Sub Zero entry isn't in the first of last five of the herostat either, so I can't seem to figure out what's wrong :(

Show me the herostat anyway, as there may be something wrong with it. Also, check the "packages/generated/characters" folder, and confirm that you have all 12 "szero" entries. You should, but check anyway just in case.

Quote from: Outsider on September 10, 2018, 02:52AM
Show me the herostat anyway, as there may be something wrong with it. Also, check the "packages/generated/characters" folder, and confirm that you have all 12 "szero" entries. You should, but check anyway just in case.
Sure thing! Here's the entry specifically for Sub Zero that I have

Quotestats {
   ailevel = 1 ;
   autospend = bruiser_light ;
   body = 10 ;
   characteranims = 60_szero ;
   charactername = Sub-Zero ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = 22 ;
   mind = 8 ;
   name = szero ;
   playable = true ;
   powerstyle = ps_szero ;
   scriptlevel = 3 ;
   skin = 6006 ;
   skin_01_name = Unmasked (MK3) ;
   skin_02 = 07 ;
   skin_02_name = Modern (MKDA) ;
   skin_03 = 10 ;
   skin_03_name = Cyber Sub-Zero ;
   skin_04 = 05 ;
   skin_04_name = Klassic (MK2) ;
   skin_03 = 09 ;
   skin_03_name = Remake (MK9) ;
   skin_06 = 08 ;
   skin_06_name = Ultimate (MKD) ;
   sounddir = szero_m ;
   strength = 6 ;
   team = hero ;
   textureicon = 3 ;
      StatEffect {
      bolt = Bip01 Spine2 ;
      effect = char/iceman/special_selfchill ;
      fxlevel = 1 ;
      }

Multipart {
      hideskin = thorax_open ;
      showskin = thorax_close ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = block ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = melee_moves ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = szero_p1 ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = szero_resist ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_szero ;
      }

}

I checked the packages/generated/characters folder and I did have 12 szero entries, so it may be an error in how I entered the stats. Here's my entire herostat (copied into a txt), if it might help to see it.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=85809633368409574175

Thanks again :D I love your creations

OK, I looked at your herostat from you displaying it, and I found the problem. Take a look at the parts in bold red...

skin = 6006 ;
   skin_01_name = Unmasked (MK3) ;
   skin_02 = 07 ;
   skin_02_name = Modern (MKDA) ;
   skin_03 = 10 ;
   skin_03_name = Cyber Sub-Zero ;
   skin_04 = 05 ;
   skin_04_name = Klassic (MK2) ;
   skin_03 = 09 ;
   skin_03_name = Remake (MK9) ;
   skin_06 = 08 ;
   skin_06_name = Ultimate (MKD) ;

See the problem?
The second one "Remake (MK9)" is supposed to say "skin_05" and "skin_05_name." That should fix your problem.

That fixed it, thank you!! The skin is gorgeous btw.

I've been very busy lately, but I'll start on creating Kenshi. Prepare yourself for the blind swordsman. That said, I wonder who people are looking forward to seeing next... if chosen, that is.

Quote from: AfroSkylark on September 10, 2018, 11:54PM
That fixed it, thank you!! The skin is gorgeous btw.

No problem. Andersonbrazil did a great job with the skin using Nikita's tool.

Quote from: TheMK on September 09, 2018, 12:54PM
OH!!! OH GOD!!!

MY HYPE IS REAL!!!
Quote from: Ceamonks890 on September 09, 2018, 05:37PM
Yes! Kenshi!!! :D

Guess my message was too obvious. Good y'all were able to see that.

I am seriously so happy about it!!! Once Kenshi makes it in, all my top favorite Mortal Kombat characters will be playable in MUA!!!