Author Topic: 33 Roster Hack (v1.1)  (Read 10218 times)

Offline MelloMods

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
Re: 33 Roster Hack (developed by Krisan Thyme & The Outsider)
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 07:22am »
KRISAN  THYME  &  THE  OUTSIDER  PRESENTS:  THE  33  ROSTER  HACK
Great job, Guys! Thanks for all the effort and hard work. Wondering one thing, tho...

Is it possible to get a changelog of the hex-edits made in the .exe? Or a mention in the release notes?

I cannot overwrite any .exe files at this point. Too many edits already.

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

Offline Krisan Thyme

• Amazing Member
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2018, 08:11am »
Thanks for putting this together and ironing out the wrinkles.
Good work from everyone involved.
Now when can I have more than 6 costumes?
...I'm just kidding. (I'm not kidding.)
Out of curiosity, what happens for costumes above six? Do they just not show up at all?

Great job, Guys! Thanks for all the effort and hard work. Wondering one thing, tho...

Is it possible to get a changelog of the hex-edits made in the .exe? Or a mention in the release notes?

I cannot overwrite any .exe files at this point. Too many edits already.
Out of curiosity, what kind of edits? I've been slowly documenting things in the EXE, and I'm interested in anything anyone has on it.

Offline LarsAlexandersson

• Invincible Member
  • The fighting/action game xpert & informer.
    • http://larsmasters.deviantart.com/
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 08:37am »
Good to see so many are diggin' this. :fro: Yeah, we've all been waiting for this for a long time and thought it to be impossible. This is a well-deserved and glorious victory for the "think tank" and for the Marvel Mods community as a whole.

And now that we know "The Holy Grail" can be accomplished, there is no reason to believe that other game limits can't be altered, such as passive limits, costume limits, sim mission limits... Hell, I had this crazy idea about making a couple of the team sim missions as part of the main game -- as if not a simulation at all. Maybe there's a way for that to happen as well. Not even the sky's the limit.

In my opinion, that would be the next biggest breakthrough, what with so many costumes around here. Hell, I've lost count of how many skins Jean Grey has... Why limit to just 6? Hopefully, that mystery will not be as difficult to find and fix.
So this means we’ll get to see the fix Hawkeye’s Bird part of his rocket multipart, & newly dlc/maps package directory too soon?

Regarding of Jean Grey, she has 3 or 4 versions (Ally (& likely HQ too), 2 Bosses (Murder & Mephisto). Maybe decreasing into 1 boss version of Jean Grey will but...
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Offline LucasFernandesBr

• Uncanny Member
  • Follow the path that leads to your true self.
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 08:49am »
Congratulations ons this awesome feature!

Offline thetommyboy2002

• Invincible Member
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2018, 10:29am »
Out of curiosity, what happens for costumes above six? Do they just not show up at all?
Out of curiosity, what kind of edits? I've been slowly documenting things in the EXE, and I'm interested in anything anyone has on it.

You can add up to 6 via herostat, but more than that will not show up in the costume select menu screen.
I did write a script which functioned as a Power that could change the model (and therefore the costume (but not it's powers or passives)) and that could cope with as many different models as you threw at it.
What is odd is that the game would have any extra costume capacity at all (the ability to select the extra 2). There may be something in the exe that can be changed to increase the number choosable in the menu, but it will likely be harder to sort out passives etc.

Offline MelloMods

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2018, 10:31am »

"Searchable via Text-Strings"

herostat - to have custom herostat per exe
team_bonus - to have different team bonus' per exe
Activision\Marvel Ultimate Alliance\Save - 10 new save (and screenshots) spots per .exe
Charinfo - 4 different starter characters per .exe
m_team_stage.igb - Custom CharSelect Screen per .exe
UI/Models/Mannequin - custom "manniquin" directory to prevent mannequin clashing

I've explained more about this method here: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8284.msg149010.html#msg149010

I mainly just dumped all of mods into one game directory. I couldn't use heroselect before, so I just compiled a bunch of different herostats and started cloning/editing the game.exe file so I can access any mod quickly.

I'm also searching the exe for things that define the following:
m_logo_ultimate.igb/m_logo_alliance.igb - or a specific file that I can change in the exe that refers to them. Them being the logo on the start menu. If I'm able to do that, I can have custom intro logos per game.exe.
Movies - Intro movie specifically

I'm sure there is much, much more to discover...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 10:55am by MelloMods »

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

Online Agent Bachello

• Astonishing Member
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2018, 11:09am »
I hope that in the nearest future we'll see fully completed XML2toMUA project with New 33 Roster Hack!!!
I've found "Marvelmods" group in the international social network - vk.com.

https://vk.com/club138677564

I hope, that all users of MM join to this community! P.S. If you couldnt find your language, let me know about this: https://vk.com/13inkv

Offline Outsider

• Invincible Member
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2018, 12:47pm »
I've sent MelloMods the hex-edits that were made to Game.exe via PM, so that his multiple exe's aren't ruined. I'll definitely read that post he put up, as any attempt to avoid mannequins clashing is genius.

So this means we’ll get to see the fix Hawkeye’s Bird part of his rocket multipart, & newly dlc/maps package directory too soon?

Honestly, I never noticed that Hawkeye issue. What's the problem, exactly? A bird shows up during his "Ricochet Rocket" xtreme? That's the only move I see with the word "Rocket" in it. As for new maps, that may be difficult. I thought about altering some simulator stages to be part of the main game, thus extending the game even longer, but that may take awhile. I don't have the RE version, so I can't alter anything from there into this one.

Regarding of Jean Grey, she has 3 or 4 versions (Ally (& likely HQ too), 2 Bosses (Murder & Mephisto). Maybe decreasing into 1 boss version of Jean Grey will but...

That was part of Teancum's idea to condense the number of NPCs listed. But to do that, you'd also have to alter the chrb and engb files, and scripts of every stage Jean Grey is in. And, as Tommyboy2002's research found out, lowering NPCs doesn't really change anything, as the game doesn't really care about NPCstat.

And actually, I was referring to the number of custom costumes that everyone here at the forum has made for Jean Grey. She has hundreds! Spider-Man has the second most, and third most may be Iron Man.

Offline andersonbrazil

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
  • The greatest hero died because of many.
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2018, 12:53pm »
Guys this is awesome! I did not expect this feat to be possible in such a short time. I truly have no words to praise or thank you for your works. I arrived in this forum in 2012, shortly after this forum have experienced an age of gold modding, because of the great discoveries and launches, but now I am part of an age of diamond. This feat is too wonderful! My gameplays will have innovative content. Sincerely speaking I believe our forum has a modding content that may surprise many.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU!

I can not fail to mention that I am a fan of the heroselect application, and my joy would be complete if this successful project reached it. I do not know Norrin Rad, but I believe he could be told of this great achievement, maybe he will cheer up and update heroselect.

I have not yet installed the mod. I'm playing to the end with the purpose of solving a serious crash problem in my game, but soon after solving this I'll try out this great mod.

I see that great changes are yet to come.
Thanks for everything guys!
The greatest hero died because of many.

Offline LarsAlexandersson

• Invincible Member
  • The fighting/action game xpert & informer.
    • http://larsmasters.deviantart.com/
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2018, 02:22pm »
I've sent MelloMods the hex-edits that were made to Game.exe via PM, so that his multiple exe's aren't ruined. I'll definitely read that post he put up, as any attempt to avoid mannequins clashing is genius.

Honestly, I never noticed that Hawkeye issue. What's the problem, exactly? A bird shows up during his "Ricochet Rocket" xtreme? That's the only move I see with the word "Rocket" in it. As for new maps, that may be difficult. I thought about altering some simulator stages to be part of the main game, thus extending the game even longer, but that may take awhile. I don't have the RE version, so I can't alter anything from there into this one.

If you use Hawk’s ents & ps files I made from my REUO Patch onto OR & use Xtreme moves where all rocket arrow multiparts shows up, you’ll see what happen. His multipart hiding issue on the bird multipart for his Xtreme never happened in RE, GE & PSP/Wii, except in OR.

For DLC maps package’s directory, that’s for fixing few issues some DLC special dialogues had, such as special dialogues between Cyclops w/ Jean (Tent enter & Arcade finish) on Murder2. If you transfer the DLC’s special dialogue conversation file directory codes from dlc/maps package file to original generated/maps package file one, some (mostly from Murder2) scene will stuck, not played or/& crash in the middle of gameplay, as far as I discovered during RE modding research. Should I send you the official Steam crack to you via PM? Krisan & Maegawa has one too.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 02:54pm by LarsAlexandersson »
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Offline Outsider

• Invincible Member
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2018, 03:04pm »
If you use Hawk’s ents & ps files I made from my REUO Patch onto OR & use Xtreme moves where all rocket arrow multiparts shows up, you’ll see what happen. His multipart hiding issue on the bird multipart for his Xtreme never happened in RE, GE & PSP/Wii, except in OR.

For DLC maps package’s directory, that’s for fixing few issues some DLC special dialogues had, such as special dialogues between Cyclops w/ Jean (Tent enter & Arcade finish) on Murder2. If you transfer the DLC’s special dialogue conversation file directory codes from dlc/maps package file to original generated/maps package file one, some (mostly from Murder2) scene will stuck, not played or/& crash in the middle of gameplay, as far as I discovered during RE modding research. Should I send you the official Steam crack to you via PM? Krisan & Maegawa has one too.

I'm going to go back into character modding now that this is complete, and I have many projects to do. Feel free to send it to me if Krisan and Maegawa don't provide solutions. Though I'm certain they can solve those issues.

Offline Bruce Bixby

• Amazing Member
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2018, 03:24pm »
This is so awesome. Can someone direct me to the unlock all costumes link or show me what to type, because I don't know how to do it.

Offline Johnny Crazy

• Amazing Member
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2018, 06:36pm »
Wow man. This is fanfreakintastic! Great job to all involved. I wish I had time to play this now.

Offline jaybird

• Astonishing Member
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2018, 11:55am »
Unlock all skins (Team Menu)
up, down, left, right, left, right, start

Offline edward

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
  • "Do you believe you can walk on water?"
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2018, 12:15pm »
Thank you so much guys, could something like this work on xmen legends? That would be sweet lol. Again thank you thank you thank you thank you!