Author Topic: 33 Roster Hack (v1.1)  (Read 10222 times)

Offline Bruce Bixby

• Amazing Member
Re: 33 Roster Hack (developed by Krisan Thyme & The Outsider)
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2018, 03:46pm »
Thanks

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Astonishing Member
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2018, 05:29am »
"Searchable via Text-Strings"

herostat - to have custom herostat per exe
team_bonus - to have different team bonus' per exe
Activision\Marvel Ultimate Alliance\Save - 10 new save (and screenshots) spots per .exe
Charinfo - 4 different starter characters per .exe
m_team_stage.igb - Custom CharSelect Screen per .exe
UI/Models/Mannequin - custom "manniquin" directory to prevent mannequin clashing

I've explained more about this method here: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8284.msg149010.html#msg149010

I mainly just dumped all of mods into one game directory. I couldn't use heroselect before, so I just compiled a bunch of different herostats and started cloning/editing the game.exe file so I can access any mod quickly.

I'm also searching the exe for things that define the following:
m_logo_ultimate.igb/m_logo_alliance.igb - or a specific file that I can change in the exe that refers to them. Them being the logo on the start menu. If I'm able to do that, I can have custom intro logos per game.exe.
Movies - Intro movie specifically

I'm sure there is much, much more to discover...

I'm not sure if that would work but I found that ui\menus\main_beenox.engb contains the reference of the Start Menu(i109 video background, logo stuff).
I'd try this :
-hexedit the exe, look for main_beenox, rename to something u want
-search for ui\menus\main_beenox.engb, rename to something else
-hexedit the renamed file, replace occurence of i109 (video background reference) with a file containing the desired video & replace occurence of logo stuff
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 05:31am by UltraMegaMagnus »
PLEASE INSTALL THE 3DS MAX ALCHEMY FROM THE FOLLOWING LINK (thx to Tony Stark) TO PREVIEW IGB CUSTOM SKIN AND MANNEQUIN : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8626.0.html

Offline kompa

• Rook
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2018, 09:45am »
Thank you from the botom of my heart  I am forever gratefull.You probably spent hours and hours on this so again huuuge thank you

Offline andersonbrazil

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
  • The greatest hero died because of many.
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2018, 08:00am »
Guys, this change is very exciting!
I am playing in order to test all the benefits of this breakthrough.
For now I have only a small feedback to pass.
I played until the shiar stage and and I noticed that throughout the course of the game the loading screens do not changed,  presenting this messy canvas in place..

Has this ever happened to anyone?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 08:10am by andersonbrazil »
The greatest hero died because of many.

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Astonishing Member
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2018, 08:08am »
I played until the shiar stage and and I noticed that throughout the course of the game the loading screens do not changed and a screen unordered appeared in the image.

I've had this issue too with a new game save, this happened when I moved directly to another extraction point.
I dunno what caused this though :(
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 09:25am by UltraMegaMagnus »
PLEASE INSTALL THE 3DS MAX ALCHEMY FROM THE FOLLOWING LINK (thx to Tony Stark) TO PREVIEW IGB CUSTOM SKIN AND MANNEQUIN : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8626.0.html

Offline Outsider

• Invincible Member
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2018, 08:43am »
I played until the shiar stage and and I noticed that throughout the course of the game the loading screens do not changed,  presenting this messy canvas in place..

Hmm... that's a loading screen issue. I know what happened -- I had added zoneinfo.engb with the purpose of adding all extraction points unlocked (including some unofficial ones like Flight Deck.) However, in my personal game, I renamed the boss loading screens so they do not conflict with those of any characters I create. That's why you are seeing that glitch.

In any case, give me a bit -- I can fix that issue.

EDIT: Ok, download it again. But, you don't have to install everything again. Just install the "textures" folder -- it contains the boss loading screens. My apologies for that error, everyone.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 09:22am by Outsider »

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Astonishing Member
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2018, 09:24am »
Thx man for your quick fix!

Offline andersonbrazil

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
  • The greatest hero died because of many.
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2018, 09:27am »
Thank you for your personal attention! I'm really enjoying this new modification! The experience has improved a lot. Thanks for all your hard work!
The greatest hero died because of many.

Offline Outsider

• Invincible Member
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2018, 01:20pm »
Thank you for your personal attention! I'm really enjoying this new modification! The experience has improved a lot. Thanks for all your hard work!
Thx man for your quick fix!

No problem. Also, Krisan and I discovered a slight hiccup: Everyone, go to the "maps" folder, then the "sim" folder.
You should see "cmblade, cmghostrider, cmdrstrange, and cmstorm.chrb" files. Move those to the "simchars" folder you see there and overwrite.
This will fix any simulator mission errors that were discovered by UltraMegaMagnus.

Offline edward

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
  • "Do you believe you can walk on water?"
Re: 33 Roster Hack (v1.1 - fixed loading screen glitch)
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2018, 08:05pm »
This isn't working for me right, the last four characters refuse to gain experience points and I can't save the game in the stark tower for some reason(when I click on the extraction the options are there but they cant be selected) also other glitches all over, this is not a rant sorry not trying to be rude.

Offline Outsider

• Invincible Member
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2018, 08:35pm »
This isn't working for me right, the last four characters refuse to gain experience points and I can't save the game in the stark tower for some reason(when I click on the extraction the options are there but they cant be selected) also other glitches all over, this is not a rant sorry not trying to be rude.

There were issues already mentioned with the last five characters that it suffers, though my testing showed them gaining experience points fine. As for these other issues, tell me in a PM and in detail. And, mention if you installed the Gold Edition Content Mod that's in testing, as there have been problems reported if the 33 Roster Hack is installed, and then the GEC.

Offline edward

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2018, 10:14pm »
I wonder why on my side I can't get it to work. And if I start a new game after dropping out of the game the last 5 characters get all their powers fully equipped so I don't know if I install some other mod that is causing conflict? Is their anyway anyone knows what I should be looking for or something?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 11:00pm by edward »

Offline Outsider

• Invincible Member
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2018, 11:33pm »
I wonder why on my side I can't get it to work. And if I start a new game after dropping out of the game the last 5 characters get all their powers fully equipped so I don't know of I install some other mod that is causing conflict? Is their anyway anyone know what I should be looking for or something?

It's not just you -- it's working but to some extent. See, remember those issues that were mentioned with the last 5 heroes? What's happening is that you may be seeing that the last five characters are leveling up faster then the rest of the roster -- that's because their XP is somehow sharing with the first five characters. So, while they are leveling up, they are only gaining but so many points because the first five has them. It's an issue that Krisan Thyme and I have been looking into, but haven't found where the code is yet. I believe all of those problems are connected to one code in Game.exe that needs to be altered, and it's the one thing keeping it from being perfect. But finding it is the proverbial needle in a haystack. We agreed to release it though since everyone was so excited to have 33 characters playable.

However, the save game thing hasn't been an issue so far. I just played with Captain America through the whole Helicarrier stage, and was able to save just fine. I tried saving again in a different game after extracting to Stark Tower from the first stage, and it was fine. Not sure what's causing that on your end.

Offline edward

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2018, 11:37pm »
OK thank you for the support
  :rockon:

Offline asd12319

• Rook
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2018, 08:29pm »
Can this have the potential to work on something like the psp version? The reason i'm asking is because i modified the 33 roster by turning the strings.engb into a xml, copy and pasted parts of the psp strings.engb that are related to the psp version( pretty much string id numbers 3701 thru 5602 I think). I had to fix some stuff in the xml, but my latest attempt did run the iso without string errors showing in the game. if you want, i could upload the new strings.engb i made, but i just need some confirmation first.