Author Topic: 33 Roster Hack (Discontinued)  (Read 31104 times)

Offline theinfamousnob

• Rook
  • Upvotes: 0
Re: 33 Roster Hack (v1.1)
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2019, 12:03pm »
thank you i figured it out after workin on it a whole day, editing menulocation was my main problem thats why they werent showing up, bc i still use heroselect for the initial 26 characters, and than use xmlbcui for the other 6. the other problem was decompiling, i think u have to decompile engb first before it can work. also xmlbcui doesnt specify that the output file HAS to be the engb file, i dont think u even have to use the xmlb file at all. but im sure it explains all that in the link that u gave me, i already skimmed through it, wish i had it earlier lol, thanks though if i encounter any other problems ill refer to that!!

Offline Xenoses

• Sir Posts-a-lot
  • Upvotes: 27
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2019, 09:02pm »
I just got 34 characters working by adding a pad 0
Maverick Hunter

Offline Outsider

• From The Darkest Realm
  • Admin
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 229
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2019, 09:11pm »
I just got 34 characters working by adding a pad 0

There will likely be problems with that. In some stages, you'll end up seeing clones of the first character in your herostat, as 34 heroes is going over the new limit. Also, there is currently problems with the last five heroes on your team -- it will likely become the last six heroes now. I would research the after-effects of your change.

I also have to look into a situation: One person has reported that when he saves his game, he can't load that game without problems. Problems like this is why I believe the 33R (and GEC) came out too prematurely, and that the game's memory should have been fixed up first.

Offline Xenoses

• Sir Posts-a-lot
  • Upvotes: 27
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2019, 09:18pm »
There will likely be problems with that. In some stages, you'll end up seeing clones of the first character in your herostat, as 34 heroes is going over the new limit. Also, there is currently problems with the last five heroes on your team -- it will likely become the last six heroes now. I would research the after-effects of your change.

I also have to look into a situation: One person has reported that when he saves his game, he can't load that game without problems. Problems like this is why I believe the 33R (and GEC) came out too prematurely, and that the game's memory should have been fixed up first.
interesting good to know
Maverick Hunter

Offline Tony Stark

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 65
  • Pizza Time!
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2019, 04:14pm »
HEROSELECT NOTE:
Bad news for those who prefer to use the Heroselect method -- The 33 Roster Hack will not work with Heroselect, as that program still uses the old menu locations and has the max at 27. Only the program's creator Norrin Radd can edit that program, and he's long been inactive. The XMLBCUI method is easy, and it gives you 33 playable characters instead of 27. Easy choice.

Well I think I've worked around this problem. I wrote a new version of HeroSelect that has support for 33 characters! Try it out here: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10597.0.html

Offline Jonnydragon88

• Uncanny Member
  • Upvotes: 4
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2019, 07:21pm »
Itís all working out, I finally figured out how to change characters around. However I still canít keep my savegame. I have to open a different folder for the game to do that, or replace herostat engb. Anyone got a fix for this?

Anyone at all?
Love me, hate me, say what you mod about me, but all of the boys and all of the girls are beggin to If U Seek Amy 💁🏾‍♀️😉😈

Offline Outsider

• From The Darkest Realm
  • Admin
  • Incredible Member
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2019, 08:53pm »
It’s all working out, I finally figured out how to change characters around. However I still can’t keep my savegame. I have to open a different folder for the game to do that, or replace herostat engb. Anyone got a fix for this?

Anyone at all?

What folder do you have to open for the save file? And where would you like it to be saved at? (Save data isn't my strong suit, so I may not be able to provide an answer. My game saves at the Documents section for some reason.)

Offline Jonnydragon88

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2019, 03:00am »
I have the 33 mod in my main game (C/Games/Marvel Ultimate Alliance) I have to open up an entirely different game directory (Desktop/Marvel Ultimate Alliance) to use my savegame from my 27 character roster. If I try to load one in the other game it either crashes or wonít load and just puts me back at the main menu. Thatís what Iíd like to fix. Any ideas?
Love me, hate me, say what you mod about me, but all of the boys and all of the girls are beggin to If U Seek Amy 💁🏾‍♀️😉😈

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes: 79
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2019, 08:05am »
Unfortunately that's not fixable. The saves won't be compatible.

Offline Jonnydragon88

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2019, 09:24pm »
Unfortunately that's not fixable. The saves won't be compatible.

Impossible? You mean we have all these great modders, some with 10 years+ of work I might add, and no one has anything to even slightly fix this 🥺?

Surely thereís a loophole. Some way to take them out then put them back in, trick the game into thinking nothing had changed, I donít know, Reverse engineer something!? Has no one really figured out anything to save our precious saves?

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes: 79
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2019, 11:56pm »
Around here we restart the game super often due to modding. Any time we swap characters, make major changes to character powers, etc it requires a new save. We've just become used to it

Offline Jonnydragon88

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2019, 01:49am »
Wow 😥😔. Then I guess Iíll have to find a way myself. Iíll inform you guys if I make any significant lead way.

Offline BaconWizard17

• Admin
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 85
  • Sometimes you just gotta go for it, ya know?
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2019, 08:33am »
Wow 😥😔. Then I guess Iíll have to find a way myself. Iíll inform you guys if I make any significant lead way.

The game just tends to hang on to the previous info that it was given for a save file, so it'll glitch out if there's anything other than a visual change or a minor power alteration. That's just the nature of the game engine

Offline Jonnydragon88

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2019, 01:37pm »
Hmmm, weíll that makes it sound like a possible exe. problem. Maybe if I twist or turn that 🤔Ö

Offline Outsider

• From The Darkest Realm
  • Admin
  • Incredible Member
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2019, 12:32pm »
Hmmm, weíll that makes it sound like a possible exe. problem. Maybe if I twist or turn that 🤔Ö

Altering the program (.exe) itself to fix something is definitely easier said than done, but I'm certainly not going to discourage anyone from taking a shot at it. Just backup the unedited exe before you do anything to avoid any problems down the road.

The main problem with the 33R is that due to the game's lack of memory, the last 5 characters suffer problems that conflict with the first 5 characters. If the game's memory is somehow increased, it would likely solve that problem. At that point, you'll want to make new, better saves because the game will be that much better.

You can join our Discord channel to talk with other modders about potential solutions. (So far, Nikita and Krisan Thyme have not found anything.) You can also look at the thread that the think tank here (including Teancum, Tommyboy2002 and myself) came up with that helped to form the 33R, as it may give you ideas: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10135.0.html. Good luck.