Author Topic: MUA: Gold Edition Content Mod (1.0.5)  (Read 10560 times)

Offline Krisan Thyme

• Amazing Member
MUA: Gold Edition Content Mod (1.0.5)
« on: June 01, 2018, 03:51pm »
Description:
I realize some people have attempted this in the past to one extent or another, but this is meant to be as straight and true a port of the Gold Edition content to PC - with hopefully the least issues possible. Compared to the existing "Official Characters" pack, I've ensured the sound quality is top notch, ripped straight from Remaster and converted over with care. (This also means additional sounds are included that aren't in the OC Pack!)

Additionally I've ported over the Remastered models for characters like Nightcrawler and the various NPC's that were touched up in that release. This also includes the UI, which is now much closer to what Remaster and 360 use.

Ideally this is best installed to a new (freshly installed) game. This already includes the 33 character hack, rebuilt from the ground up with some minor tweaks and improvements I've made since its initial release. One day it would be nice to see this used as a base for modding - but for now I just hope some people enjoy it. Please provide whatever feedback or bug reports you can here, thanks!

Download v1.0.5
View Preview Album

Code: [Select]
1.0.5 - Temporarily removed the DLC conversation for Jean in Murderworld post-arcade game until a softlock solution is found.
The DLC conversation prior to the Arcade game is still present.
- Packaging errors resolved.
- Fixed an issue with the final level.

1.0.4 - Fixed an issue triggering a conversation with Jean Grey in Murderworld.
- Updated the UI to better reflect Gold \ Remastered.

1.0.3 - Fixed an issue with Hulk's Sim Mission. (For real this time.)
- Fixed an issue with Hawkeye's Sim Mission. (For real this time.)
- Hawkeye's Sim Mission does not have voice overs, this isn't a bug.
- Fixed an interaction prompt with NPC's in HUB areas.

1.0.2a - Fixed an issue with Hulk's Sim Mission.
- Fixed an issue with Hawkeye's Sim Mission.
- Simulator Mission files for certain characters were moved to the correct directory.

1.0.1a - Various Keyboard Prompt issues have been resolved.
- Converted over Hawkeye's sounds - which were mistakenly forgotten about in the previous version.
- Moon Knight's Power Icons should now display correctly.
- Colossus' Power Icons should now display correctly.
- All Power Icons for DLC characters should now display correctly for Keyboard users.
- Moon Knight's special effects should now display correctly when using his powers.
- Doom2 (Zone) should now precache all needed files correctly.
- Removed several files that accidentally slipped in previously.

1.0.0a - First Release.
- Increased alottable playable characters to 33, and improved it over the original 33 char mod.
- Mephisto 4: Fire Giants once again spawn as usual.
- Asgard 4: Heimdall's code restored, no encounters lost.
- Bifrost 2: Viking Archers now once again spawn, but will opt to use melee over their bows.
- Various other optimizations were made to the HUB areas to allow seamless integration.
- Added Gold Edition \ Remaster content to the game.
- Magneto
- Dr. Doom
- Sabretooth
- Venom
- Nightcrawler
- Cyclops
- Hulk
- Hawkeye
- Colossus
- Moon Knight
- Remastered UI
- Remastered Voices (DLC Characters and Announcer)
- Remastered Models (Playable and NPC's)
- DLC Conversations
- Bug fixes and tweaks.
- Publishing and Licensing startup videos have been disabled.
- Hard Mode is unlocked from the start.
- All characters are unlocked from the start.
- Option of Playstation or Xbox button layouts. (Simply unrar your desired choice under the texs directory.)
- Online Mode now partially functions, but only direct IP connections are supported. (Untested)
- Fixed a visual error in Valhalla 2 where all of Deadpool's segments were visible at once.

============================================================

Known Issues:

- Due to the nature of Remaster content, it is recommended you do not use Advanced Lighting.
      While it will still work, the visuals are very likely to take on an obnoxious sheen if enabled.
    - Nightcrawler, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Sabretooth, and Venom suffer an item equipment issue.
      At present anything equipped to them will be equipped to Ms. Marvel, Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, and Thor.
      It is not recommended at present to equip them with items, if it is at all avoidable.
    - You must currently use the provided settings.dat file to ensure the costumes for the Gold Edition characters are unlocked.
      If you do not do this, their default outfits will most likely remain locked and they were be unable to access their passives.

============================================================
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 01:13pm by Krisan Thyme »

Offline Outsider

• Invincible Member
Re: MUA: Gold Edition Content Mod (1.0.0a - Testing)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 04:36pm »
Interesting... how did you get the Fire Giants at Mephisto4 (or the archers at Bifrost2) to respawn again without ruining the limit? Also, what encounters were lost with Heimdall's code in the previous hack? I'll look at this and update.

Offline Krisan Thyme

• Amazing Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 05:45pm »
Interesting... how did you get the Fire Giants at Mephisto4 (or the archers at Bifrost2) to respawn again without ruining the limit? Also, what encounters were lost with Heimdall's code in the previous hack? I'll look at this and update.
You can check the code to see what I did specifically, but Mephisto was just a case of creating two different instances of that fight depending on who you save. To be honest it's just Bifrost 2 that's a problem right now, but this mod is more than just a 33 character hack anyway. The real focus here are the improved remaster models, interface, and sounds. (The Official Character pack uses recorded sounds off a speaker and is missing a lot of them, for example.)

Offline MelloMods

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 06:19pm »
Excellent. So, if I'm reading right, this is the definitive updated version of the Official Char Mod. Sort of like a "Project Base" (ala: Super Metroid) for MUA? Or at the very least, a step in that direction?

Stickied?

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

Offline Krisan Thyme

• Amazing Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 06:26pm »
Excellent. So, if I'm reading right, this is the definitive updated version of the Official Char Mod. Sort of like a "Project Base" (ala: Super Metroid) for MUA? Or at the very least, a step in that direction?

Stickied?
That's the goal, exactly. But I would like to see some testing done, make sure all the kinks are worked out.

Offline LarsAlexandersson

• Invincible Member
  • The fighting/action game xpert & informer.
    • http://larsmasters.deviantart.com/
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 08:19pm »
Will this fix Hawkeye’s Multipart issue on the bird part of his Rocket Arrow (the one used for Xtreme moves), fix other DLC special dialogues that still messed up (like Cyclops in Murder2; correct directory for dlc maps related must be on packages/dlc/maps), increase limits of other datas (zoneinfos, items & simulations)?

The last time after I mod Hawkeye, and use the one that is meant to be used in RE in OR, utilizing Xtreme move, the bird part of his rocket arrow won’t disappear. However in RE (also in PSP, 360 & Wii), he doesn’'t have this issue.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 08:42pm by LarsAlexandersson »
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Astonishing Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 08:23pm »
OMG, awesome mate, the game is now hugely improved!
Colossal, huge thank you for all you've done for the community, the game is definitely improved.

I think this should be stickied too and replace official pack 1.3.
PLEASE INSTALL THE 3DS MAX ALCHEMY FROM THE FOLLOWING LINK (thx to Tony Stark) TO PREVIEW IGB CUSTOM SKIN AND MANNEQUIN : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8626.0.html

Offline Outsider

• Invincible Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 08:27pm »
You can check the code to see what I did specifically, but Mephisto was just a case of creating two different instances of that fight depending on who you save. To be honest it's just Bifrost 2 that's a problem right now, but this mod is more than just a 33 character hack anyway. The real focus here are the improved remaster models, interface, and sounds. (The Official Character pack uses recorded sounds off a speaker and is missing a lot of them, for example.)

Fair enough. Since this is in the testing phase, when I get a chance, I'll see how this works if :magneto: Magneto saves both Jean Grey and Nightcrawler, as I've seen the game load both of them before. Could still be an issue. And yes, Bifrost2 was the hardest level as the Wrecking Crew takes up 4 NPCs already -- not much room to work with.

As for the addition of stuff from the remastered version, well done.

Stickied?
OMG, awesome mate, the game is now hugely improved!
Colossal, huge thank you for all you've done for the community, the game is definitely improved.

I think this should be stickied too and replace official pack 1.3.

I wouldn't put a sticky on this, since it's still in the testing phase. I won't be able to test everything myself, but if enough people say that this project is a successful complete upgrade of the Official Characters Mod, I would just update the first page of the already-stickied Official Charcters Mod thread with Krisan's newest material.

Offline Krisan Thyme

• Amazing Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 08:28pm »
Will this fix Hawkeye’s Multipart issue on the bird part of his Rocket Arrow (the one used for Xtreme moves), fix other DLC special dialogues that still messed up (like Cyclops in Murder2; correct directory for dlc maps related must be on packages/dlc/maps), increase limits of other datas (zoneinfos, items & simulations)?

The last time after I mod Hawkeye, and use the one that is meant to be used in RE in OR, utilizing Xtreme move, the bird part of his rocket arrow won’t disappear. However in RE, he doesn’t have this issue.
I'm not really familiar with the Hawkeye issue you mention, but he's using the RE model and segment setup in this so maybe? The DLC special dialog should work fine in this, I haven't tested all of them, but the ones I did test seemed to work okay - if anyone finds any issues though I'll fix it, afterall I consider this to be in testing for now. Additional zones and sims are planned for later, I have a few ideas for those but can't promise anything just yet. (Ideally would like to port over the PSP content too, but that'll require some time.)

Offline Krisan Thyme

• Amazing Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 08:32pm »
Fair enough. Since this is in the testing phase, when I get a chance, I'll see how this works if :magneto: Magneto saves both Jean Grey and Nightcrawler, as I've seen the game load both of them before. Could still be an issue. And yes, Bifrost2 was the hardest level as the Wrecking Crew takes up 4 NPCs already -- not much room to work with.

As for the addition of stuff from the remastered version, well done.

I wouldn't put a sticky on this, since it's still in the testing phase. I won't be able to test everything myself, but if enough people say that this project is a complete upgrade of the Official Characters Mod, I would just update the first page of the already-stickied Official Charcters Mod thread with Krisan's newest material.
Magneto saving both was (apparently?) an addition of the Official Characters mod and not an official thing, so it's not in this. I actually spent a bit debugging it before I checked Gold Edition and Remaster more closely - it's not in either of them, and nowhere on the internet I checked says its possible except with the OC mod. Since the goal of this was to create an official port of Gold, I didn't include anything unique\special like that. (But I could add it in later as an optional thing, and probably will support this with add-on like content for fun if possible.)

Also yeah, it's in testing so I don't blame you there. I've had it up in the Discord channel for a few days, and other than one minor thing that was reported and fixed within an hour, there's been nothing since, so it's probably "safe" to play on, but.. eh, I'm paranoid by nature. lol

Offline LarsAlexandersson

• Invincible Member
  • The fighting/action game xpert & informer.
    • http://larsmasters.deviantart.com/
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 10:47pm »
Oh 1 more thing. Give credits, don't forget. So as the loading screens & comic book loading screens.

EDIT: Also, doom2.engb on the package should be doom2.pkgb
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 10:54pm by LarsAlexandersson »
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Offline Hobgoblin

• Fantastic Member
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 11:30pm »
Interesting work - does this now replace your & Outsider's previous 33 character mod? Or is there still a reason to use that version above this one?

Offline Outsider

• Invincible Member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 11:39pm »
Interesting work - does this now replace your & Outsider's previous 33 character mod?

No, it doesn't. The main focus of this release is to mimic the X-Box Gold Edition and add stuff from the remastered version, thus replacing the Official Characters Pack. This is why he stated that ideally, it requires a fresh unedited install of MUA to use.

However, I suggest everyone remember a few things before using this:
(1). This release is still in the testing phase. Use at your own risk and backup all data. Krisan can not be blamed if something goes wrong.
(2). Krisan stated that certain things from the OC Pack (such as Magneto saving both) are not included.
(3). You also lose certain features from the 33 Roster Hack, such as not having any extraction points unlocked.
(4). Anything you may have modded of the vanilla characters may be lost. (Haven't tried it yet.)

The 33 Roster Hack released before are for those who've already modded the game, and wanted additions. It doesn't have the remastered models, interface or sounds, though. I think Krisan's GEC Mod has most of everything.

EDIT: I think once Krisan and others confirm testing and conclude it as official, I think we should compare the Official Characters Pack, the 33 Roster Hack, and the Gold Edition Content Mod and list what features each have and don't have, so no one is lost or confused. That said, this thread probably will be stickied once the testing phase is concluded. The OC, the 33, and the GEC will need to be compared side-by-side.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 11:56pm by Outsider »

Offline UltraMegaMagnus

• Astonishing Member
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 11:52pm »
Is it possible to get extraction points unlocked and the extraction point from the first level ? Or which files sould I take from 33 Roster hack to get it back please.
I can't live without it lol

No crash so far, good job!

EDIT : spacebar key when zipping look a bit weird, power icon for dlc character not showing (I play on keyboard), I've putted this on Discord.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:37am by UltraMegaMagnus »
PLEASE INSTALL THE 3DS MAX ALCHEMY FROM THE FOLLOWING LINK (thx to Tony Stark) TO PREVIEW IGB CUSTOM SKIN AND MANNEQUIN : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8626.0.html

Offline Krisan Thyme

• Amazing Member
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 03:53am »
EDIT: Also, doom2.engb on the package should be doom2.pkgb
Nice catch. I've just fixed that on my end.

However, I suggest everyone remember a few things before using this:
(1). This release is still in the testing phase. Use at your own risk and backup all data. Krisan can not be blamed if something goes wrong.
(2). Krisan stated that certain things from the OC Pack (such as Magneto saving both) are not included.
(3). You also lose certain features from the 33 Roster Hack, such as not having any extraction points unlocked.
(4). Anything you may have modded of the vanilla characters may be lost. (Haven't tried it yet.)
Yep, it's in testing. I'm very thorough with modding, I never call something official until I know for sure it works - I'm fairly confident in this release but I've been around the ol' modding bin enough to know things happen you never expect. And yea, OC original content isn't included, to be honest I didn't feel right about it either way as I have no idea who made it so I can't credit them or ask them permission for it. For this, it was 100% built from groundup by me, except for the Sim Missions which I credited you for in the readme, I was going to do those myself too but I figured to hell with reinventing the wheel during testing phase.

And yeah this is best installed on a clean game, not a modded one. Once installed though, you can mod on top of it to your hearts content.

Is it possible to get extraction points unlocked and the extraction point from the first level ? Or which files sould I take from 33 Roster hack to get it back please.
I can't live without it lol
Replace this file with the one from the 33 Char mod.
Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\scripts\menus\new_game.py

I never intended to have all extraction points unlocked like that, it's more a thing for testing than general gameplay I feel, but I understand why people would want it after playing this game for so many years now. I'll add it as an optional file later.

EDIT : spacebar key when zipping look a bit weird, power icon for dlc character not showing (I play on keyboard), I've putted this on Discord.
I'll look into it. I've never played this on a keyboard so that's probably why I never noticed.. (Though it shouldn't be too hard to fix.)