BaconWizard17's XML2 Boosters

Started by BaconWizard17, September 16, 2018, 05:25PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 16, 2019, 06:57AM #15 Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:17AM by BaconWizard17
Quote from: nathios on January 15, 2019, 06:18PM
Hi!! I logged in just to thank you for this booster and also the AWESOME Colossus one. Thank you so much, X-men Legends 2 is my fav X-men game =)  I would love to see your take on Jean Grey, Gambit or Rogue. Your boosts are so fresh!! Again, thank you. Have a great year.

Look for a new update for Colossus in the near future! The other boosters will come soon as well. I'm doing the characters in alphabetical order, so once I post the update for Colossus (as well as the one I finally finished for Cyclops), I'll get on to Deadpool and then Gambit. The others will follow in the same way

Edit: actually, Bishop has one more update coming as well, where I'll lower the number of levels each skill has

Hey there Bacon. Have you started your Cyclops Booster yet ? If not, what do you have in mind ? Just out of curiosity hehe

Quote from: Daniel Kings on January 20, 2019, 02:04PM
Hey there Bacon. Have you started your Cyclops Booster yet ? If not, what do you have in mind ? Just out of curiosity hehe

I have! He's pretty much done other than some tweaks and cleanup. I detail all the changes I'm making in my workbench post

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on January 20, 2019, 06:20PM
I have! He's pretty much done other than some tweaks and cleanup. I detail all the changes I'm making in my workbench post

Nice. I can't wait! xD

Both Bishop and Colossus have been updated. Unless there are bugs or they get new outfits in the comics, I don't plan to update them again until The Great Balancing Update (which I'll explain in my workbench eventually). For now, this is how they'll be. For them to be complete, you'll need to download my updated sharedtalents.engb file, which decreases the number of ranks per shared passive.

January 23, 2019, 06:55PM #20 Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 05:19PM by BaconWizard17
SHARED TALENTS

This is the sharedtalents.engb file that I use for all of my boosters. It decreases the number of ranks for all of the shared passives. While it's not necessary, it completes my mods and boosters.

This file goes in the Data folder

Download

Note: in order to make sure that characters with Might were able to use up all of their skill points, I added an extra dummy rank to Might. That rank changes nothing for the character other than being a placeholder, so there's no need to level it up all the way unless you get all the way to level 99 and need somewhere to put that last point.

Quite the concept, eh ? Nicely done. A couple of bugs though:
As for Colossus, his Metallurgy skill is also giving Radiation Resistance. According to your description it was only supposed to give resistance to Elemental, Mental and Energy. The description of Energy Resistance is always at "0%", regardless that, the effects still apply.
You could remove Siberian Express and put something else. This power is just really bad from default. I never liked this power haha Btw, it's not a bug, just a suggestion xD

As for Bishop, his Power Trip doesn't work, neither does his description when you put points in it.

I just thought you'd like a feedback. Thanks for the great boosters!

Quote from: Daniel Kings on January 25, 2019, 03:59AM
As for Colossus, his Metallurgy skill is also giving Radiation Resistance. According to your description it was only supposed to give resistance to Elemental, Mental and Energy. The description of Energy Resistance is always at "0%", regardless that, the effects still apply.
You could remove Siberian Express and put something else. This power is just really bad from default. I never liked this power haha Btw, it's not a bug, just a suggestion xD

As for Bishop, his Power Trip doesn't work, neither does his description when you put points in it.

I'll try to fix those ASAP. Siberian Express will stay though, as I personally enjoy it. What about Power Trip doesn't work?

Quote from: Daniel Kings on January 25, 2019, 03:59AM

Though it all is up to BaconWizard, I'd like to point out that (to my knowledge) Colossus is supposed to be resistant or even immune to radiation damage, at least in his steel form. If not in the comics, at least in X-Men Legends canon because he's shown completely unharmed during a sequence in the first game at the nuclear power plant.

Quote from: Dream Weaver on January 25, 2019, 08:04AM
Though it all is up to BaconWizard, I'd like to point out that (to my knowledge) Colossus is supposed to be resistant or even immune to radiation damage, at least in his steel form. If not in the comics, at least in X-Men Legends canon because he's shown completely unharmed during a sequence in the first game at the nuclear power plant.

You make a good point. I don't want to make him immune to radiation damage, but I'll make sure that a resistance is added

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on January 25, 2019, 08:03AM
I’ll try to fix those ASAP. Siberian Express will stay though, as I personally enjoy it. What about Power Trip doesn’t work?

Well, it doesn't add any resistance to Bishop. I put all 5 points and it didn't increase any resistances. Also, the description always stays at 0% whether you put 0, 1 or 5 points.

Quote from: Daniel Kings on January 25, 2019, 09:33AM
Well, it doesn't add any resistance to Bishop. I put all 5 points and it didn't increase any resistances. Also, the description always stays at 0% whether you put 0, 1 or 5 points.

I'll take a look at it

Colossus and Bishop have been fixed. If there are any more problems, Please let me know, and I'll fix them!

January 29, 2019, 05:50PM #28 Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 05:21PM by BaconWizard17
    :cyclops: CYCLOPS BOOSTER :cyclops:
    Version 1.00

Download

Features:

• 7 new skins
    • 8 new conversation HUDs
    • 7 new HUD heads
    • Added new character select portrait
    • New packages, as well as a new numbering system for skins

• He now uses 0101.igb through 0108.igb for his skins, with 0101.igb being the primary skin (he has packages for 0109 as well, but I didn't include a skin for that slot)
    • Changed the scalefactor from 1.00 to 1.04 to make him proportional
    • Added 1 power, 1 boost, and 2 passives
    • Redid order of unlocking powers
    • Redid the number of ranks for all skills

• All powers now have 10 ranks each
      • Xtremes have 1 rank each
      • Boosts have 5 ranks each
      • Passives have 5 ranks each
    • Updated PS2 icons

Moveset

Powers:

• Optic Beam: A beam of energy filtered through Cyclops' visor
    • Optic Slam: A wide beam that can knock enemies back[/color]
    • Optic Flash: Produces a low powered discharge of energy, stunning and damaging enemies
    • Optic Explosion: A powerful optic blast that explodes on contact, sending out splash damage to nearby enemies (new power)
    • Focused Beam: An intensely focused beam that can pierce through enemies
    • Polarized Beam: A beam that splits into 3 at point of contact with enemies

Xtremes:

• OPTIC RAGE: An Xtreme arc spray attack
    • FLAWLESS TACTICS: Increases experience earned for entire party for a time

Boosts:

• Solar Absorption: Decreases EP requirements of all visor beam attacks for a time (new boost)
    • Command: Uses natural leadership abilities to boost effectiveness of entire team

Passives:

• Visor Upgrade: Increases damage of all visor beam attacks
    • Accuracy: Increases critical chance for ranged attacks
    • Telepathic Resistance: Increases Mental Resistance (new passive)
    • Energy Resistance: Increases resistance to energy attacks (new passive)(New passive)
    • Leadership: Increases combo XP bonus to any combo done while on team and increases critical chance for whole team
    • Mutant Master: Increases EP Regeneration Rate

Skins

• 0101: Heroic Age (by me)
    • 0102: Original Revamp (by me, based off of the default skin)
    • 0103: Classic Revamp (by me, based off of the default skin)
    • 0104: X-Factor (Yellow) (by me)
    • 0105: X-Factor (White) (by me)
    • 0106: 90s (by me)
    • 0107: Astonishing (by me)
    • 0108: Ultimate XML1 (by me)

Want additional skins?
    Notes

• This does not create a new character. This is simply a booster. You must have the default Cyclops files in your game

Credits

• BaconWizard17: Coding, Conversation HUDs, HUD Heads, Skins
    • Hemlot: Assistance with coding
    • X-Men Legends II developers: Cyclops PS2 icons,  original coding
    • Anyone else I forgot to credit
    [/list][/list][/list]