Cyclops Uncanny Booster (Cohollow)

Started by Cohollow, May 10, 2019, 01:52AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 10, 2019, 01:52AM Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 02:48PM by Cohollow
:cyclops: Cyclops :cyclops:

Aren't laser beams a blast? Now introducing a booster for the first X-Man (or second if you consider the Jean Grey retcon). Cyclops dares to ask how many ways there are to fire a beam. The answer is lots! Now able to keep those ranged attacks flying by keeping his enemies at an effective range with all new abilities and effects. Now with EP based boosts, Scott can have a nearly unlimited supply of energy to draw upon. Lead your team to victory with this new and improved Cyclops build!

Cyclops: http://www.mediafire.com/file/wg1b0kk9tcb8lvd/Cyclops_Booster_%2528Cohollow%2529.7z/file
Add this file to reduce the skill count of shared skills like mutant master, and to add the striker passive that i will be adding to some characters!
Shared Talents: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10916.msg199255.html#msg199255

Abilities

Attacks

Optic Beam a beam of energy filtered through Cyclops' visor. (press and hold)
Changes - button hold chains together beams
             - reduced EP cost of chained beams

Optic Slam A wide beam, delivers Knockback to multiple enemies.
Changes - Now pierces
             - improved hit radius

Blinding Optics(Flash) A blinding visor flash, stuns enemies in a radius.
Changes - More accurate AOE

Focused Beam An intensely focused beam, pierces through enemies, and leaves an energy burn.
Changes - Now does much greater damage over 3 seconds

Optic Crash Delivers a low energy blast, tripping enemies.
Changes - New Ability

Polarized Beam A beam that splits into three on contact with target.
Changes - Description accurately display damage

Optic Boom A low beam launches enemies back, and causes them to release energy damage in a radius.
Changes - New Ability

Xtremes

OPTIC RAGE An xtreme arc spray of energy damage.
Changes - Now includes two blasts at reduced damage
             - Does knockback and trip

FLAWLESS TACTICS Increases experience earned for party for a time.
Changes - None

Boosts

Solar Charge Absorbs solar energy, Increasing Defense Rating, and EP regeneration.
Changes - New Ability

Command Natural leadership abilities, reduce EP cost, and increases the level of all skills for the entire team.
Changes - Now reduces EP cost of all powers
             - Bug Fix (Accurately displays bonus skill points)

Passives

Accuracy Adds critical hit chance to all beam attacks.
Changes - New Ability

Defense Grid Adds a chance to dodge projectile attacks.
Changes - None

Accelerated Optics(Visor Upgrade) Increase damage, and critical hit chance of all beam attacks.
Changes - None

Leadership Increases combo XP bonus and critical chance of entire team

Mutant Mastery Increases EP regeneration Rate

Other Features

- All passives require 3 less skill points
- Many minor changes to abilities that are not listed such as damage, EP cost, added sounds, improved effects, etc
- Features additional skins made by members of the modding community

Credits

- Skins -

BaconWizard17
be sure to check out BaconWizard17's great work here:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9904.0.html

Teancum
be sure to check out Teancum's great work here:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10642.0.html

- Icons -

BaconWizard17

Big thanks to many community members for continued assistance and support!

Awesome job, nice to see XML2 get some love and I definitely approve of all these changes! Keep it up.

May 10, 2019, 11:43PM #3 Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 07:09AM by Cohollow
Really happy to hear people diggin' my boosters XD thx for the support! Can't wait to get my next one posted  :deadpool:

Quote from: Cohollow on May 10, 2019, 11:43PM
Can't wait to get my next one posted  :deadpool:

Neither can we! I love that someone's revamping XML2. Thanks for that mate.

:cyclops: Big Improvements :cyclops:

Lots of fixes and improvements! Effects have been improved, attacks changed to more fluid and effective counter parts. New skins from the community, much easier to apply (no recompiling required), built to incorporate my new passives set up, and a load more fun!

Quote from: Cohollow on May 10, 2019, 01:52AM
:cyclops: Cyclops :cyclops:

Passives

Accuracy Adds critical hit chance to all beam attacks.
Changes - New Ability

Defense Grid Adds a chance to dodge projectile attacks.
Changes - None

Visor Upgrade Increase damage, and critical hit chance of all beam attacks.
Changes - None

Leadership Increases combo XP bonus and critical chance of entire team

Mutant Mastery Increases EP regeneration Rate

Big thanks to many community members for continued assistance and support!

Yo Cohollow, i was just wondering; Are Accuracy and Visor Upgrade both supposed to increase "hit critical chance" ? Or Should one of them increase "hit critical chance and the other "critical damage" ?

August 27, 2019, 07:04PM #7 Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 07:08PM by Cohollow
:cyclops: The visor upgrade increases the critical hit chance by the same amount as any other mastery, as to keep it from being a sub-par version of what other masteries do. then the accuracy increases just crit chance by a much greater value. Together the crit chance increases to be on par with that of the critical strike passives that some melee characters have. Max out the leadership passive for even more additional crit chance and 36 points later, you have an energy character that specializes in critical hit damage! Check out how often he gets crits with these values maxed in the above gif. :cyclops:

Quote from: Cohollow on August 27, 2019, 07:04PM
:cyclops: Check out how often he gets crits with these values maxed in the above gif. :cyclops:

That's exactly what i was wondering about. I thought it would be way too much crit chance, but since you wanna kinda make up for the "Striker" ability some characters have it's gonna be fine hehe. Thanks for the answer.

cyclop's booster isn't available on the site anymore :o(

February 04, 2020, 05:18PM #10 Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 01:58PM by Cohollow
:cyclops:  New Optics Update  :cyclops:

The link is back up with an update

- Improved Basic combo
- Improved beam effects
- New XTREME attack
- A handful of other things

All changes can be applied without restarting your game!

optic beam doesn't chain to any other enemies for me, but this is a really great upgrade for cyc.

:cyclops: The chain referred to in Optic Beam is about the attacks. By holding down the power button cyclops "chains" subsequent Optic Beams to shave off time between beams and make it easier to use at higher level when the attack speed is increased. :cyclops:

Oooh, i see. Gotcha. I thought it meant chaining like Storm's chain lightning or some sort.