Author Topic: Lags's Gamecube Stuff: Mini Update (09/12/19)  (Read 3329 times)

Offline jayglass

• Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes: 51
Re: Lags's Gamecube Stuff
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 10:25pm »
I removed toad and added cable

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Uncanny Member
  • Upvotes: 4
  • Loves the Generic faceless Soldiers
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2019, 11:06pm »
That's fine, download and modify it to as you wish

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Uncanny Member
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2019, 12:00pm »
I made my first custom character and am finally releasing him. Woo!

Imperial Rebel

Oh, yeah! The nameless generic soldier marches in! While his skin set is mostly based off the GRSO Soldiers from X-Men Legends 1, I gave him a little backstory that he's just a random soldier who broke free from Sinister's brainwash control and defects Apocalypse's Imperial Army to join up with the heroes. Now you can play as this faceless soldier of the common people!

Costumes:

Note: Costumes 01-05 has him equipped with a different gun (minus 01 and 02). Costumes 06 - 09 he'll be fighting hand-to-hand combat while still able to perform the same talent animations.

Previews
01 - GRSO Soldier - Mp5
02 - GRSO Infiltrator - Mp5
03 - Soldier of Fortune - Mercenary Assault Rifle
04 - GRSO Commander - Lightning Gun
05 - GRSO Captain - Knockback Gun
06 - GRSO Skirmisher - Powergloves
07 - GRSO Elite Skirmisher - Super Powergloves
08 - Human Collector - Unarmed (Freeze Gun and Powergloves when using talents)
09 - GRSO Black Guard - Unarmed (Laser Gun when using talents)

Additional Costumes included that you can apply. Just simply rename the file and overwrite the Costume number you decompiled and wish to replace before compiling for both the .fb and _nc.fb files. No hexing is needed.

- Nuclear Lab Tech
- Infinite - (Already made and goes over Slot 3)
- Aim Trooper

Selection of Voices:

His default voices in his herostat has him set as Human Collector's which works best for him. Due to resembling a generic enemy, you can pretty much set him up with any of the following voice sets below that also work well for his character:

sounddir = col_m ; - Human Collector
   sounddir = colarm_m ; - Armored Collector (Scavengers)
   sounddir = shk_c_m ; - Assault Raider
   sounddir = shk_t_m ; - Shocktrooper
   sounddir = merc_m ; - Mercenary/Master Sniper
   sounddir = Inf_m ; - Infinite
   sounddir = Inf_a_m ; - Battle Infinite
   sounddir = Inf_ac_m ; - Infinite Prometheus Mod
   sounddir = Shield_m ; - Shield Agent

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Powers:

Rapid Fire (Projectile) - Fires a clip of bullets at a single target and can also hit other targets who move into the radius.

Laser Beam (Beam) - Fires an energy filtered beam at a single target and knocks them down in the process.

Takedown (Melee) - Leaps forward and knocks down enemies.

Shockwave (Radial) - Shoots at the ground causing a small radial damage and also knocks back opponents.

Heavy Blast (Beam) - Powerful laser that can pierce through objects.

Air Support (Radial) - Gives a hand signal and high-powered rounds from the air crash down, smashing into enemies and surrounding objects.

PARAMEDIC (XTREME) - Revives nearby fallen allies (including enemies). Enemies also become temporarily allies. Effect wears off if strayed too far or if entered into new map.

STEALTH MODE (XTREME Boost) - Applies a cloaking device to all allies, and gives them a $DR and an $XP bonus. AI controlled allies become cloaked and receive bonuses but can still be sighted by enemy.

Enemy Bypass (Boost) - Unit can freely move past enemies for a period of time. Does not work on specific enemies and as well as if this unit has already been spotted. (Basically his version of a Cloaking Device.)

Support Perks (Boost) - Boosts all character traits for self and all allies.

Passive Skills:

Quick Reflexes - Increases chance to dodge melee attacks.

Weapon Modification - Adds damage and critical chance to gun and laser attacks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to unlock:

Inside his download pack includes a Weapon X base camp map you can optionally apply to your Assetsfb. Just make sure you back up your previous one before overwriting it. The map will possibly crash your game if you don't have this hero listed in your herostat just for a warning. The map file just includes his character and conversation on unlocking him without using cheats. You'll also get to read my bad character writing for him. Lol :P

The generic soldier will appear in the story disguised as an Infinite once you enter Act 3. He can be found at the very top left corner room in the hallway on the second level. When talking to him, you will listen to his story and there will be an option about asking him to join the team.
He can only be recruited if you're talking to him with an X-Man hero. The option will not appear if you're talking to him with a Brotherhood hero. He also disappears as an NPC once he's deployed as an active party member and reappears again when deselected.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 09:22pm by Lags »

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Uncanny Member
Re: Lags's Gamecube Stuff (8/30/19) - New Hero: Imperial Rebel
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2019, 01:57am »
Blob

Not much to update. Just a conversion of nodoubt_jr's Blob mod from the PC so this big boy can be used in the GameCube port. Although, it's not a direct conversion, there are some slight changes, but nonetheless, majority of him is left the same. I take no credit for the creation of the Blob Mod. Credits will be listed below.

Minor changes:
* His Pinball move is replaced with Cohollow's version from his Blob mod since I found it more balanced to use.
* Removed his footstep effect to give him the playable character feel like Juggernaut.
* Not all additional effects were able to be converted for some of his offensive talents, but he still looks fine without them nonetheless, and his Butt Slam and Belly Flop already have existing effects which is taken from NPC Blob's effects.
* Had some slight glitches when he begins his running animations in the combat maps but it's all fixed now. He still has this problem when at base camp but what matters is that there's no issue when he's in combat mode.
* Increased Playspeed a bit for some of his moves so he's not so slow.

Skin set:

Dark Blob (AoA boost)

Credits:
nodoubt_jr - Blob Mod Creator
Cohollow - Blob Mod Creator (his version)

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 12:03am by Lags »

Offline jayglass

• Fantastic Member
Re: Lags's Gamecube Stuff (8/30/19) - New Hero: Imperial Rebel
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2019, 09:24am »
Great job,if only we could increase the roster on gcn/ps2/wii

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Uncanny Member
Re: Lags's Gamecube Stuff: Mini Update (09/12/19)
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2019, 12:01am »
Avalanche

Converting another one of nodoubt_jr's mods, and this time it's Avalanche. I've always wanted Avalanche in X-Men Legends 2, so he was a must. All of his moves are kept the same just like the original mod. Had to remove textures on some of effects and make some adjustments due texture optimization between different ports. Otherwise, they could lag the game a bit. Other than that, he's fully enjoyable to play as. I take no credit for the creation of the Avalanche Mod. Credits will be listed below.

Minor changes:
* The Explosive Blows effects on his hands was changed to a new effect which is borrowed from one of Pyro/Sunfire's talent Boosts. Again, so it doesn't lag the game when he uses it. Same effect is also used for a slight second when he performs Vibratory Slam.
* Rock Slide's effect has been changed to different color of Iceman's Ice Slide, while having some smoke effect to give it a more interesting appearance (borrowed from his Power1 effect). I couldn't use his custom rock slide model due to having to keep his .fb's file size limit to the minimum. Other wise, higher file size will cause him to crash the game. He also has a few models with pretty large file sizes kept in his .fb, so it was a pain getting the essential models needed so they will appear properly for his moves.
* Increased Playspeed for some of his moves so he's not so slow.
* Attack_light1 No longer keeps him in place when he jabs. He now moves forward by a bit like everyone else.
* QUAKE now as Priority so no one can knock Avalanche into canceling his Xtreme.

Skin set:

01 Default
02 Dark Avalanche (AoA boost)
04 Tyrant (Enemy Skin)
05 Mutated Tyrant (Enemy Skin)

Sounds:
Since we can't modify gamecube voices at the moment, Avalanche's character is muted, but he does have sound effects that work for his talents which was taken directly from X-Men Legends 1. However, the generic Prelate Zealot enemies that appear in Apocalypse's tower have voices that fit Avalanche pretty well (minus the fact that one of his voice played is he calls the Prelate Lords for help when he falls in battle, which can't be edited out. >_>).
The .zip file includes two separate sounds you can apply to him. Avalan_m just has his talent sounds with no voice, while Pre_m has his sounds including the generic prelate enemy voice that he will be using.

Credits:
nodoubt_jr - Avalanche Mod Creator

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 12:27am by Lags »

Online BaconWizard17

• Admin
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 85
  • Sometimes you just gotta go for it, ya know?
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2019, 06:23am »
Great work! He looks awesome

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes: 79
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2019, 07:05am »
Nice. I always thought Avalanche should have been a playable Brotherhood member, especially if they're going to take away super popular characters like Mystique and Sabretooth for other things (even though he's playable on PC).

Offline jayglass

• Fantastic Member
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2019, 09:47am »
It's not the fb size its the actor size gamecube only reads 128x128

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Uncanny Member
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2019, 03:03pm »
Thanks guys!

It's not the fb size its the actor size gamecube only reads 128x128

Ah, okay. That must be why I couldn't get it to work.

Offline jayglass

• Fantastic Member
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2019, 06:55pm »
XML2 PS2 models don't work on GCN

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Uncanny Member
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2019, 10:04pm »
XML2 PS2 models don't work on GCN

I'm not using any PS2 models

Offline jayglass

• Fantastic Member
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2019, 10:18pm »
ok

Offline Lags

• Marvel Modder
  • Uncanny Member
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2019, 10:05am »
Updated some minor things to my mod packs

X-Men Legends 4 Player Mod:
Change log:
9/13/2019
- Fixed an issue with Jubilee's conversation portrait being a GRSO Soldier's when you talk to her in the X-Mansion after the USS Arbiter mission. This was because I was testing with a character replacing at the time and I forgot to remove it after releasing the mod.
Thanks to Skorzyss letting me know of this.

If you want to just replace the map to fix the tiny issue, in the .zip, the file is Mansion3_1.fb found under maps/Mansion 3

X-Men Legends 2:
Change log:
9/13/2019
- Added Colossus's default skin from X-Men Legends 1 to the Updated pack. Very similar to his default one in X-Men Legends 2, but he doesn't have the sleeves. Also updated his herostat to include it in his selection of costumes.

Sneak Preview of the next playable NPC Hero I'll be working on:

Yup, it's an Acolyte Warrior! With the little animation set the Acolyte Warrior has, I'll be trying my best to base his moves off of all the Acolyte variants from the previous game, as well as their Shocktrooper counterparts in this game
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 10:55am by Lags »