Bishop Uncanny Booster (Cohollow)

Started by Cohollow, October 29, 2019, 12:19PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 29, 2019, 12:19PM Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 02:47PM by Cohollow
:bishop:Bishop:bishop:

This time traveling mutant is capable of multiple diverse builds. Use sapping strike to buff his energy output and dish out heavy energy damage, Invest in gun mastery and use a large variety of ammo types to trip up enemies, or throw points into his energy combat and energy fury to make him a solid energized melee combatant! Inspired long ago by a chance meeting with the X-Men, Bishop's ready to save our future by fixing the mistakes of the past!

Bishop: https://www.sendspace.com/file/thphym
Add this file to reduce the skill count of shared skills like mutant master, and to add the striker passive that i will be adding to some characters!
Shared Talents: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10916.msg199255.html#msg199255

Abilities

Attacks

Bio Beam Channels energy through his hands to blast foes with a beam of focused energy.
Changes - Does slight knockback

Full Auto Fires both guns in a spray of bullets causing physical damage. (press and hold)
Changes - Does physical damage
             - Faster and more accurate control
             - Faster draw and holster speed

Bio Blast Radial energy attack that damages enemies and has a chance of doing a 'Deadly Strike' (33% instant $HP loss)
Changes - Has a set radius

Explosive Round(Plasma Blaster) Fires a projectile that explodes on contact, damaging nearby enemies.
Changes - Bullets now explode in a radius and do popup
             - No longer a press and hold power
             - Faster draw and holster speed
             - Now does fire damage

Cryo Barrage(Rapid Fire) Fires cryogenic rounds in broad sweeps, slowing enemies. Puts out fires.
Changes - Slows enemies
             - far more reliable at hitting targets
             - puts out fires

Sapping Strike Melee attack that increases Bishops powered energy damage for a time(does not apply to Sapping Strike). Drains batteries.
Changes - Applies damage buff to Bio Beam, Bio Blast, and BIG BANG
             - More controlled and accurate strike

Acid Rain(bombardment) Fires several acid rounds into the air. They then rain down radiation damage on nearby enemies.
Changes - does radiation damage over time

Xtremes

BIG BANG Sucks in surrounding energy releasing it in an xtreme explosion of energy, nullifying enemy powers.
Changes - None

SUPERCONDUCTER Entire party spends no EP and takes no energy damage for a time.
Changes - None

Boosts

Absorption Absorbs a percentage of energy damage as HP gain and boosts Physical Resistance.
Changes - None

Energy Fury Gives bonus energy damage to to Bishop's melee attacks.
Changes - Bug Fix (now applies to melee attacks as stated)
             - Bug Fix (correctly adds the stated amount of damage)
             - Now only applies to Bishop

Passives

Energy Combat Adds energy damage to all non-powered melee attacks.
Changes - Bug Fix (correctly adds the stated amount of damage)

Gun Mastery Increases damage and critical hit chance with all gun attacks.
Changes - None

Power Trip Stored energy increases attack rating and movement speed.
Changes - Increases attack rating
             - No longer increases energy resistance or defense rating

Energized Increases defense rating and energy resistance.
Changes - New Ability

Mutant Mastery Increases EP regeneration Rate

Other Features

- Many minor changes to abilities that are not listed such as damage, EP cost, added sounds, improved effects, etc
- Features additional skins made by BaconWizard17
- Slight change in basic combos allows Bishop to chain jump slam to his pop-up move
- All passives require 3 less skill points
- Energy Fury, and Energy Combat are much more balanced

Credits

- Skins -

BaconWizard17
be sure to check out BaconWizard17's great work here:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9904.0.html

- Hud Heads -

BaconWizard17
be sure to check out BaconWizard17's great work here:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9904.0.html

Big thanks to many community members for continued assistance and support!

Got all your boosters so far, and really looking forward to testing them out! Looks great!

Thanks for all the support mah dudes! I hope to continue to bring everyone fun new content for awhile yet!

Looks like I forgot to apply a bug fix for energy fury. It'll be done way down the road when I finalize this mod!

The sapping strike dmg increase doesn't work for any attacks, melee or power. but everything else is fantastic! he was in need of a good upgrade.

hmmm i'll look into that. Are you certain that the sapping strike isn't increasing the damage output of boi beam, and bio blast as intended?

Yo, your boosters have become our staples in this house bro.
Have you thought about setting them up on a thread of your own. like a one stop shop?

haha I was just saying something similar to a homie whos mods I think are pretty dope but somewhat difficult to locate. Yes I think I'll do just that now that I'm sitting on a rather hefty roster. A new version of Gambit is about to be released so I'd recommend holding off on him until thats out as he is terribly outdated.

Bet! I'm ready for that gambit goodness!

October 21, 2021, 04:21PM #12 Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 06:41PM by BaconWizard17
No need to quote an entire release post to make a comment. -Admin

Hi. The link to the character doesn't work? (
-X-