XML2 Boosters (Colossus, Iceman, Jean Grey, Rogue, Storm, Wolverine)

Started by matt710, September 24, 2007, 01:33PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 27, 2007, 10:44PM #15 Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 10:47PM by matt710
Preview of Goblin Queen Skins crossed over to PS2 format.  They were all touched up and given Jean's lips and eyes so it didn't look like selene with red hair.  Very little impreovement on Goblin Queen and the End skins.  I just fixed some flaws.  The Black Rook skin, however, got a major revamping, as will Dark Phoenix's Black Queen skin.   Madelyne's Cape connects to a new gold broach with a ruby in it.  Also I shortened the corsette and tightened it, which also give her more cleavage.  I also rounded the top instead of making it square off.  Here are previews:
  From the Ashes she will rise.

How did you make half of the cape red and the other half purple? or was that just the lighting? haha

Just the lighting in the character menu.  Outside it is all red.  Looks funny in the menu though.

September 28, 2007, 01:22PM #18 Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 01:38PM by matt710
Dark Phoenix let her hair down in this one, quite litterally.  Of course I couldn't do a bun like its supposed to be (:bawling:), but I tried to make it as much to the comic as possible.
I used the pictures in my X-Men: The Ultimate Guide book and saw that her Black Queen outfit was much more modest so I needed to do quite a number of alterations, like extend down the corsette, tighten it, more cover in the underwear area, and slightly covered shoulder (cape).  Also colored it more black, since it was much darker than that of Selene's in the book.  I also changed the boots to like it was in the comics.  So...

Behold the Black Queen, Dark Phoenix, in all her glory.  Long Live the Queen.

Very nice! Long live the Queen indeed!

September 29, 2007, 04:03PM #20 Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 04:07PM by matt710
Alrighty, Jean just needs new package files and she is done.  Here are preveiws of the skins.
Note the other 4 skins I showed earlier will be in the pack as well.

Ultimate from my rip, Dark Phoenix from MUA skin pack, AOA from XML2 ps2 skin pack, Original from XML2 PS2 skin pack, and I ripped the Classic Phoenix costume.

XML1 Ultimate from Mega Skin Pack, Xtreme Jean made by me, X-Factor Jean made by me, and Jim Lee Jean made by iammingy with my touch ups on the face.

I am also adding these skins from my dark Phoenix Mod:

Classic Dark Phoenix made by me, Dark Future Phoenix made by me, White Phoenix by Dark Mythology, AOA Dark Phoenix made by me.

Sun Goddess will also be included with a PS2 skin, but is not pictured.

These will not be included in the pack but will be used for Dark Phoenix's final update (it will be final unless someone cracks the PSP sounds for PC usage).  I will not include these because the left one is Emma Frost as Dark Phoenix and the right one is a variation of skin 0221 with altered eyes and the yellow was muted a little to look like she did on the cover of when Phoenix was first introduced.

Look forward to the pack soon.

September 29, 2007, 09:38PM #21 Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 06:39AM by BaconWizard17
Ok here is the booster for Jean.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1jjdjfm1d0w

Admin note: The link for this booster has been down for some time, and no other versions have been found.

PS2 skins are: (Asters mean they are in the herostats already)

01 Dark Phoenix Modern *
02 AOA *
03 Ultimate Long Hair *
04 Sun Goddess (Gladiator)
05 Ultimate Short Hair *
14 X-Factor Red *
15 Jim Lee (By Iammingy)*
20 Original *
21 Classic Phoenix *
23 Xtreme *
51 Classic Dark Phoenix
53 White Phoenix of the Crown (By Darkmythology)
54 Black Rook (Goblin Queen)
55 Goblin Queen Classic
56 Dark Future
57 Dark Phoenix AOA
58 The End (Goblin Queen)
60 Black Queen (Dark Phoenix)

Nobody better say that they wish that she had more skins!!!!   :D

Enjoy!

March 16, 2008, 02:37PM #22 Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 10:22AM by dark_raven
Could you put the skin of Emma Frost as Phoenix?

thanks

The Emma Frost Phoenix skin is available in the Dark Phoenix Mod.
I don't think it's been released separately.

May 29, 2008, 01:01PM #24 Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 01:30PM by becoming_myself
Great work I love all skins from Storm  :storm: and Jean Grey :phoenix:

I saw u want to update it and if u want an idea u should do this costume from Storm:

It's the one which wears now

Hope u like the idea

I wanna try making that one. I don't know why i didn't before.

Alrighty Rougue is almost done, I just have to add skins to it.  The booster is going to add a new boost, add to an existing passive, and add skins. The boost is called Iron Maiden and is an altered version from Nodoubt's boost on his XML1 boost.  I changed it so that she gradually adds to her invulnerability instead of the way XML1 had it where she instantly gets it.  I also did the same thing that I did to Colossus by making a passive that increases both AR and DR (but she won't get as much of an AR boost as Colossus). 

One interesting thing that I learned is that the game allows 17 total talents to be displayed (including ones shared and added in the herostats).  The talent file itself can only handle a mix of 14 Powers, Boosts and Passives I believe.

July 30, 2008, 11:09PM #27 Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 03:45PM by BaconWizard17
Rogue booster:

Basically what I added was described above Data-wise.  She now has a total of 11 skins (w/ room for 3 more since I added extra packages).  I created 4 all new 3d huds and 3 more based on shafcrawler's skins in the booster.  I also created 10 all new conversation huds.  Skin wise they are all ps2 quality skins.  I made 3 of them, shafcrawler made 3 of them, and 1 from Norrin Radd (pics will be provided in the matter of minutes to point out which one is which).  All other skins are my ps2 rips from XML2 and XML1.  Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mlxmeycu1wr

ADMIN NOTE: if you would like to use this booster, please use the version of the booster from the XML2 Character Number Fix to prevent clashes with other mods: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10782.0.html

Just drag the folders to the XML2 folder and drop.  For the characterheads package and herostats engb, text files have been provided for you to compile into your game's files.  Please note that you should back up anything before writing over it!!!!  I am not responsible for anything that may happen once you add this, it is your own choice to install.  There are no problems found that would hurt the program or computer when I tested it, so there shouldn't be any problems on your version.

Alrighty here is Rogue's Wardrobe (from left to right, top row to bottom row):

0701 - Over Coat (Modern)
0702 - AOA
0703 - Ultimate
0704 - 90s (Jim Lee) <by me>
0705 - Ms Marvel Persona <by me>
0706 - Evolution <by shafcrawler>
0707 - XML1 **not in herostat**
0708 - Xtreme <by shafcrawler>
0709 - Retro Rogue <by shafcrawler>
0720 - Classic Rogue <by Norrin Radd>
0723 - Space Suit <by me> **not in herostats**

Also thank you from nodoubt_jr for providing XML1 effects and the icon that I based Iron Maiden's icon from.

Alrighty I will try to do more boosters since skinning for Enchantress is getting old.  I think wolverine is next and after I will do either Sunfire, Gambit, or Cyclops.