Author Topic: The XML1 --> XML2 project  (Read 9161 times)

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
Re: The XML1 --> XML2 project
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2007, 03:58pm »
Yeah, plus the XML1 version of the 'playable' Professor was really awesome.  No need to waste a herostat character when we can just do the same thing as they did.

Offline nodoubt_jr

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
  • No Doubter
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 12:26pm »
which Proffesor X are we using? XML1 or XML2, or matt's power update that adds the XML1 version powers to XML2 version?

edit: i only ask because i was thinking about converting Proff X XML1, but if he is not going to be used than there is no point in converting him.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 12:37pm by nodoubt_jr »
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 02:13pm »
I'd say a XML1/XML2 combo.  He should have all the XML1 moves, but maybe get a few of the XML2 moves.  That's just me though.

Offline DJay Saint

• Marvel Modder
  • Invincible Member
  • Scars heal, pain fades, but glory lasts forever.
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 02:25pm »
If it's XML1 -> XML2, then why not use the XML1 professor?  He's only a NPC anyway (except for one level and a boss fight), so he doesn't have to have an overly defined powerset.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Offline matt710

• Marvel Modder
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 09:19pm »
If it's XML1 -> XML2, then why not use the XML1 professor?  He's only a NPC anyway (except for one level and a boss fight), so he doesn't have to have an overly defined powerset.

I agree.  He just needs 2 normal powers, a boost, and xtreme.  He wasn't really that playable in XML1 to begin with anyway.  The only thing I can think of replacing is his psy hammer mover for his cleave move.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 06:00am »
That's cool with me.  I guess he is just a NPC

Offline nodoubt_jr

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
  • No Doubter
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 04:27pm »
ok just finished the Prof X XML1 mod, it can be found here
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1091.0

i added both a herostat and a npcstat for the character.  He is a direct conversion, 4 powers and one passive.  The only thing i left off was might, XML1 gave him might and that just seems wrong to me.  But it can easily be added back in his hero/npcstat file.

On a sidenote this is Prof X Astral, there is also a Prof X Gladiator.  Im guessing they are the same, just with different customes?
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

Offline BliZZ

• Invincible Member
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 04:38pm »
May I ask: why Dazzler? She seems kinda redundant with Jubilee on the roster. Why not Cable, Banshee, Shadowcat, Morph, or even someone like Northstar?

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2007, 10:08am »
Just in the way of announcement, I'll probably doing PS2/Xbox ports of the XML1-->XML2 project.  Nothing definite yet, it depends on how quick the porting would go (see #1).  Of course I'll be helping where I can with levels, etc still.  Here's the WiP plan:

(common to both versions)
1-Build the game with all PS2 assets, making it cross platform
----**Possibly, haven't asked him yet** Have Norrin do a FBBuilder program similar to FBExtractor.  I already have definite plans on how to build the header really easily.
2-Insert any reskins done in PS2 format
(at this point the PS2 version is finished, as I don't know how to alter save states for PS2.

(specific to Xbox)
3-Insert additional mipmap skins (XML2PC) that won't work on the PS2
4-Alter the XBE executable to save to a different slot (very easy) and to say X-Men: Legends SE

Now on back on the to-do front I'm trying to finish up the Xbox MUA SE so I can get back into helping the XML1 conversion process.

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2007, 11:59am »
I updated the first post bigtime.  I wanna throw something out though.  What about swapping Cable for Dazzler?  I mean, Dazzler's cool and all, but Cable's just cooler.

Offline nodoubt_jr

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
  • No Doubter
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2007, 12:17pm »
I updated the first post bigtime.  I wanna throw something out though.  What about swapping Cable for Dazzler?  I mean, Dazzler's cool and all, but Cable's just cooler.

yes.  Lol, im a little biased since i worked on him, but he has some awesome effects and a working voice thing.

edit: the dangeroom combatants is an awesome idea.  Mystique, Avalanche, Blob and the other Brotherhood members are villains in the in game dangeroom, so they are a yes to the main menu danger room.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 12:27pm by nodoubt_jr »

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2007, 12:36pm »
Has anyone noticed that you can run 22 characters in XML2's herostat, you just can't get #22 to show up?  I thought we'd put Cable in, but make it so you could talk to Shadowcat at the X-Mansion and have her join the team at any given time.  Thoughts?

Offline nodoubt_jr

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
  • No Doubter
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2007, 02:11pm »
that would be a great idea. also the 22th characters shows up perfectly in the menu danger room, they are the first icon in the list.

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2007, 02:19pm »
Heh, I should try more than 22.  If we can get 23+ in using the conversation method then I'm all for it.  I'll be home in a few hours so maybe I'll try it out.

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2008, 07:11pm »
So over the past 3-4 days I've been converting what's been done in XML1->MUA over to XML2.  And I've noticed a number of really big things:

--The AI pathing that's strange in MUA works fine in XML2 (a good example is the cutscene just before you fight Blob).
--There are no shading issues on any levels (obviously)
--Oddly enough, the game can go further before effects start to disappear
--ExtractionPointLite() works differently in XML2.  No matter what you do it's only set up to be a "change team" point.  That being said, I just added a "Save Game" item to the pause menu, which actually works out quite nicely
--Unrelated, but I found out that the beATeamPlayer() function was what made an AI character playable in XML1.  I can confirm that it doesn't work in XML2 or MUA however, which is a huge bummer as it'd be fun to have Havok as an ally and to have Alison playable in the intro with melee only.
--I've decided to dump XML->MUA compatibility.  Effects and stuff are of course compatible, but trying to rename and renumber all of the characters for a mod that essentially will never be completed (XML1 + XML2 --> MUA) slows things down astronomically.  As-is now X-Men Legends PC is a stand-alone app that sits in it's own folder.  The additional advantage is that when we go to package this up we don't need to worry about what files to include.  We include all of em.

Anyways, I've got it playable to HAARP 2, but the doors to the HAARP facility don't open and the tank doesn't come out.  If anyone's got that part done that'll make life much simpler.  I can do it, but I'd like to go back and polish what I've done.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 07:18pm by Teancum »