Author Topic: The XML1 --> XML2 project  (Read 11283 times)

Offline BLaw

• Admin - Blessed
  • Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes 1018
    • Marvel Mods Forum - Main Index
Re: The XML1 --> XML2 project
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2009, 03:24am »
Hmm. What exactly do you mean with "things".. Just world objects? Or mission characters/objects (or both)?

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes 59
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2009, 05:27am »
Usually world objects.  I scoured the executable to see if there was some way to overcome it but couldn't find it.  I don't know what's happening because XML2 doesn't have any problems playing through the game.  I think there's something in the XML2 levels that tells the game to clean up after every level.  It may even be hard coded -- in other words there's a place in the exe where "tutorial1.engb" is and so the game knows to cleanup after that level is done.

Offline BLaw

• Admin - Blessed
  • Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes 1018
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2009, 05:55am »
Makes me think. What if we could use scripts to prevent it? Not that I'm good with scripting or making em', but using scripts works with sidemissions and simulations..

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes 59
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2009, 05:57am »
Tried all that.  There's some sort of internal memory limit with objects, and the game needs to somehow know how to erase the last level's objects out of memory.  That's why I think they're hardcoded inside the exe, but I didn't think about that last time I touched the project.

Offline BLaw

• Admin - Blessed
  • Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes 1018
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2009, 06:09am »
Ah. (just thinking of simple solutions :P ) Has the renaming of files -method been tried out? I mean renaming to one of XML2 files (which is similar ofcourse). For example NYC to Sewers or something. If I'm correct, the executable contains the names of each level in the game.

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes 59
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2009, 08:21am »
Yeah, that's sortof what I'm thinking.  I'm extracting the mod to my work desktop now to look at the exe.  If it mentions specific level names then that's probably the issue.  And if it is indeed the issue it might be easier to hex edit as many names as possible rather than redoing all of the levels to match the exe's names.  Since we don't have many levels to worry about so far we should be able to hex edit them all then make future levels fit around them.  Sloppy, but a lot more efficient than redoing the whole thing.

*EDIT*
The exe doesn't reference the levels, just 1-2 conversations for the demo and that's all.  So that's not it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 08:26am by Teancum »

Offline BLaw

• Admin - Blessed
  • Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes 1018
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2009, 08:37am »
Hmm. So that's not it. The renaming stuff could still work. Let's just hope that the game doesn't recognizes file sizes :P

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes 59
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2014, 06:01pm »
THE PROJECT LIVES

That's right gang! Thanks to the fact that all of Norrin Radd and NBA2KSTUFF's tools are command-line based I was able to program something to automate conversion of all the XML files to XMLB. That took literally 50+ hours of work out of the equation. Since then I've been working on getting each level running. Currently a total of 135 of 156 levels load (not including cutscene levels). That's ~87% for you math people. But there are still loads of scripting issues, objectives, conversion issues the automated processes didn't capture, etc., which means I can't hand out a beta. Until then, enjoy these pics.

Offline ndp

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes 7
  • X-MEN FOREVER
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2014, 06:26pm »
I played that game on my xbox a few months ago but forgot how great it looked. All the detail of the mansion and the sub level were what I missed in legends part2. Thanks for not giving up on the project

Offline BlueElf

• Uncanny Member
  • Upvotes 3
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2014, 09:00pm »
Wow this is great! So glad this is continuing.

Offline Techon 7

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes 18
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2014, 10:34pm »
I hope you get it running, it would be fun to add some favorites to the cast.

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Ultimate Member
  • Upvotes 59
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2014, 03:03am »
Got objectives figured out. You can now play through the intro mission of the game, though the fight with Mystique is still messed up.

Offline pearlofOr

• Newcomer
  • Upvotes 0
The XML1 t XML2 project
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2015, 07:47pm »
Al, I love heckels.  Have never had any but would LOVE to try some.  Hopeful one of these days Andrew and I can help on this project.  Love reading all the information on them though.  I always love a good challenge.

Offline rachel_grey

• Uncanny Member
  • Upvotes 0
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2017, 06:40pm »
Quisiera saber (Si alguien habla español) si pudieron crear la versión de x-men legends I para PC a la final. He intentado probar con algunos link que encontré acá, pero están caídos.
Si me pudiesen ayuar, o decirme donde puedo descargarlo. Se los agradecería en gran manera.

Saludos, y gracias a quienes me leyeron x.x

Offline BaconWizard17

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes 65
  • Sometimes you just gotta go for it, ya know?
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2017, 05:45am »
Quisiera saber (Si alguien habla español) si pudieron crear la versión de x-men legends I para PC a la final. He intentado probar con algunos link que encontré acá, pero están caídos.
Si me pudiesen ayuar, o decirme donde puedo descargarlo. Se los agradecería en gran manera.

Saludos, y gracias a quienes me leyeron x.x

¿Puedes entender inglés? No hablo español muy bien, pero puedo responderte en español si necesitas
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 05:51am by BaconWizard17 »