Author Topic: Visual Guide: X-Men Legends  (Read 10976 times)

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
Re: Visual Guide: X-Men Legends
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2008, 10:24am »
We should remove all of the spawn points for players in the mansion but one, that'll kill off the other three, then I'll use ChangeActivatingHero() to change the player in _HERO_1 to something like a magma_nopowers NPC.

Offline Senkaku

• Astonishing Member
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2008, 10:28am »
WOW! there really is no limit to modding great job norrin!

Offline Norrin Radd

• Marvel Modder
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2008, 10:30am »
We should remove all of the spawn points for players in the mansion but one, that'll kill off the other three, then I'll use ChangeActivatingHero() to change the player in _HERO_1 to something like a magma_nopowers NPC.

although this would mean that if you enter the mansion from the front door, you wont enter the mansion from the front door, if you catch my drift....

That is why I didnt do that already

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2008, 10:47am »
I follow I think.  It's transitioning from level to level versus different sections of the same level (like the basement hallway to the hangar).  Or is the hangar separate?

Offline Norrin Radd

• Marvel Modder
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2008, 10:55am »
By loading levels with scripts, you can make it so your team loads at certain portions of the level:
loadmap( mapname, "locationname")

This allows you to load your team at the mansion front door for instance if you have come in through the front, or load by one of the elevators if thats how you came in. If you remove all of the load points then yes you will only have one character, but you will always load from the same point, no matter where you came from. The hangar only has one load point, that is why only one character is in the hangar, even if you're on a team of 4

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2008, 11:23am »
So I'm lost as to why that's a problem.  I don't have the files/game in front of me, but I thought the 2nd floor/subbasement/1st floor/outside were all different levels.  So that being said one....  Ah, I follow now, multiple entrances and exits.  Gotcha.

Okay, here's another option:  We create a duplicate X-Mansion hub.  We use the same level assets, but only have one spawn point for whatever section of the mansion we transition to after a combat level.  or would a character come back if I were to enter an area that has more than one point?  I.E. exit the hangar and have another character reappear.

If that doesn't work I'll have to look into the PY functions to find a way around this.

*EDIT*

I seem to remember a maxheroes variable in the exe, and I'm guessing it's for level xmlbs.  Try setting maxheroes = 1.

Offline SpongeSpider

• Amazing Member
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2008, 03:52pm »
This mod looks very promising, it's like buy MUA and get a much better graphic XML for free! Anyway, I hope you guys can figure out the problem.

Offline Joosteh

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2008, 03:28pm »
I can't for this! Pleaaaaase hurry up :P Pleaaaase? :D  :spiderwoman:

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2008, 04:59pm »
This one's gonna be a long wait.  It's literally a project the size of a game.  Anything you can do to help would make the release go faster.

Offline Joosteh

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2008, 02:25pm »
Tell me, anything u need :) I got the Ps2 version of the game. Im glad to help.

Offline warmachine300

• Astonishing Member
  • MARVEL HOW COULD YOU? WHY DID YOU?...R.I.P
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2008, 12:50am »
This looks amazing. Can't wait to play it. I love Jeans annimated series costume. Cyclops and Rogue need one of those too. But my biggest request would be. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEASE GIVE STORM A CAPE!!! I don't know whats activisions problem on why they didn't give storm a cae in the first place.

Great work

Offline Grig 32

• Fantastic Member
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2008, 05:39pm »
There's a pretty good reason why Storm has no cape... the cape itself clips THROUGH her feet :( the cape can't be animated and it looks pretty stupid to see a character running around with a cape cutting through the middle of her legs

firebird25

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2008, 02:54pm »
Speaking of Storm, I think Storm's XML ponytail skin should be replaced by MUA's real Ultimate Storm.