Volsung's Mesh/Skin release thread:Guyver & Kikaider &KamenRiders

Started by Volsung, January 13, 2007, 04:19AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Wohoo I want mine too!(Even if I won't be a thousand time as producive as TommyBoy ) ;D

I converted two of my old models from the unrivaled celestial Freedom forces games.Don't know if such characters opposite from the marvel world can have success

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=b89048d9ab57c054ecc94109c7fff66e
Let me know if they're awry.

edit: I'll be gratefull if someone can show me how they look like with advanced lighting.

Here we go.

With the highest possible settings (and a small bit of FSAA).
Sorry for the small sizes, but on highest sets, my card won't get above 1 FPS if I set the resolution more than 800x600, hence the smallness. The Guyver model's quite impressive because of the geometry's cooperation with the self-shadowing feature of High mode of Advanced Shadows.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Duuude. I Yahoo-ed your username, and came up with this site:
http://volsung.free.fr/portfolio/3d.htm
Looking at the snaps tells me this is yours... Can I bug you into releasing that Kamen Rider model for MUA? Pretty please? *makes puppy dog eyes*

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

January 13, 2007, 06:06AM #6 Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 06:21AM by Noelemahc
No, I just always liked the design. Chalk it up to my excessive love for videogames based on Bandai's trademarks, especially the The Great Battle series (which was an SD side-scroller for the SNES with a different GENRE and SETTING (f.e. #5 was a Wild West shooter, #4 was a sci-fi planet explorer, #3 was a medieval type slasher) for each episode, featuring a roster of SD-fied Kamen Rider, Gundam Wing and that third guy (whose name I can't remember and last saw in an anime when I was seven) as the playables). I'm an old-gamer fanatic, so most everything I do has a foundation in games that were made before I hit puberty. :P

Crimson Dynamo says:

January 13, 2007, 06:35AM #7 Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 06:38AM by Volsung
Wow! the Great battle I would never imagine to see that name here!
Yes I loved the great battle delirious universe.
The third character is ultraman^^ and the fourth Fighter Roa.
The 4th game was my favorite.
And I remeber Last fighter twin which where 'a la' great battle too.

I discovered many characters by playing bandai games.Do you know the super robot taisen/war as an exemple?

Well I'll convert my riders as soon as possible.

(The one from the great battle is that one

Mines are those

Wohooo disco for life!

Here's Twin Flyheadz!

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=2be3cbe2c81143ff184ff58ffbbdfaa8

4 skins ,changes more than minor

If I can have a glimpse of the advanced lighting look

OMG!!! Thank you so much!!!
I love Kamen Riders, but I never thought that they would appear in MUA... haha
I think I will use Luke Cage as the Kamen Riders... ;D

^^ be aware that the models will probably get cage size!

that guyver mesh/skin is awesome,ff and now mua simply.....great big fan
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Great Stuff Volsung!
hey did you ever release Guyver for FF?
always loved the Kamen rider's too.  im thinking of maybe making a skin swap with spidey or Ronin for them :)

Thanks!I'm very weak against flattery so if you guys would like a unique mesh that doesn't already exist in freedom force , I could work on it. :D

True detourne_me! I never released that Guyver on FF or FFVTTR because of unfinished custom animations.
But with MUA animations are not a problem anymore.