IRON FIST mod v1.4 (fixed the no-power bug)

Started by iammingy, December 13, 2007, 01:44AM

Previous topic - Next topic

That worked, thanks! I really appreciate you taking the time.

But c'mon, tell me what was wrong..its killing me. =)

Quote from: Undefeated on July 28, 2008, 08:08PM
That worked, thanks! I really appreciate you taking the time.

But c'mon, tell me what was wrong..its killing me. =)

Oh, sorry I was in a hurry.

This was what I saw in the file you uploaded:

XMLB characters { // start of herostat

...// body of herostat

stats {
   autospend = support ;
   isteam = true ;
   name = team_character ;
   skin = 0002 ;
   xpexempt = true ;
   }

}// end of herostat

stats { // Iron Fist's section
   ailevel = 1 ;
   autospend = bruiser_light ;
   body = 7 ;
   characteranims = 68_ironfist ;
   charactername = Iron Fist ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = 9 ;
   mind = 8 ;
   name = ironfist ;
   playable = true ;
   powerstyle = ps_ironfist ;
   scriptlevel = 3 ;
   skin = 6802 ;
   skin_01_name = Classic ;
   skin_02 = 03 ;
   skin_02_name = Ultimate ;
   skin_03 = 04 ;
   skin_03_name = Tournament ;
   skin_04 = 05 ;
   skin_04_name = Modern ;
   skin_05 = 06 ;
   skin_05_name = Red ;
   skin_06 = 07 ;
   skin_06_name = Daredevil ;
      }

}

As you can see above, Iron Fist's section was outside of the scope of "XMLB characters". Therefore, Iron Fist's section was ignored.

This is the correct way:

XMLB characters { // start of herostat

...// body of herostat

stats { // Iron Fist's section
   ailevel = 1 ;
   autospend = bruiser_light ;
   body = 7 ;
   characteranims = 68_ironfist ;
   charactername = Iron Fist ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = 9 ;
   mind = 8 ;
   name = ironfist ;
   playable = true ;
   powerstyle = ps_ironfist ;
   scriptlevel = 3 ;
   skin = 6802 ;
   skin_01_name = Classic ;
   skin_02 = 03 ;
   skin_02_name = Ultimate ;
   skin_03 = 04 ;
   skin_03_name = Tournament ;
   skin_04 = 05 ;
   skin_04_name = Modern ;
   skin_05 = 06 ;
   skin_05_name = Red ;
   skin_06 = 07 ;
   skin_06_name = Daredevil ;
      }

}

stats {
   autospend = support ;
   isteam = true ;
   name = team_character ;
   skin = 0002 ;
   xpexempt = true ;
   }

}// end of herostat

Ahh. Well, thats kind of embarassing. =)

Again, thanks a time for helping out in such detail, and I'm getting a real kick out of the mod. Great work.

Still can't seem to wrap my head around importing characters, though I won't ask you guys to hold my hand on every one. Two questions, though:

WHY is every character I seem to import incorrectly end up as Hawkeye? Just curious.
Is there any reason I can't overwrite one of my starting 4 characters? (The default 4 in the opening scene.)

Thanks!

July 29, 2008, 06:21PM #201 Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 06:26PM by Overload
Quote from: Undefeated on July 29, 2008, 06:04PM
WHY is every character I seem to import incorrectly end up as Hawkeye? Just curious.
Is there any reason I can't overwrite one of my starting 4 characters? (The default 4 in the opening scene.)

Thanks!

Did you make sure that there all new files you put in instead of Hawkeye's files, make sure each file goes in it's designated area and then make sure the herostat does not have any hawkeye reference and is completley new, Other than that im not sure?!?

Overwriting those characters in the beggining can be done and has ,by editing the charinfo.xmlb file( in MUA data folder), all you do is add the name of your character replacing the character one you well...replaced! And then look for a file that says "start=" and then copy that line and put it underneath your character's name and deleate the other one from where you copied it. Once that is finished make sure you decompile it as an xmlb file and you will get this...

charinfo.xmlb.bak  -----> rename to charinfo.xmlb   and make sure that the old file is either backed up and moved out of that folder, or simply deleated. Hope that helped a bit!!

March 31, 2009, 12:33PM #202 Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 01:00PM by Chikesnit
one question used the 1.40 version all is good just one problem when i try to attack an enemy by doing a 4-4-4 or 4-6-4 combo punching attack on the second punch ironfist turns around and bows  did i miss some fightstyle files or wrong herostat entries

EDIT: started a new game everything working great mod  :applause:
Life's a beach, and then you drown.

hey mingy, i have a question. have you thought of making an iron fist mod with the MUA2 moveset? just curious

iammingy was last active: October 04, 2008, 06:06PM

I don't think he would answer.

I hope someone is willing to work on it. So far the X360 stuff has been useless, so the moveset can only be made with the animations currently available (like XML2 or MUA1)

He isn't in WII or Ps2 so I think he is impossible.

September 17, 2009, 09:23PM #207 Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 12:18AM by iammingy
Quote from: Ma Sheng Xian Zhi on September 17, 2009, 08:23AM
hey mingy, i have a question. have you thought of making an iron fist mod with the MUA2 moveset? just curious

I checked the PS2 version. MUA2-PS2 does not contain Iron Fist at all. Even it had Iron Fist, it has only one costume and it's very low-res. I haven't checked the MUA2-Wii version, yet. Nope, it looks like the Wii version doesn't have Iron Fist either.

I think I could use the Venom PS2 models for my Toxin mod though.... @^#^@. The PS2 models crashes the game!!

Quote from: BLaw on September 17, 2009, 09:42AM
I hope someone is willing to work on it. So far the X360 stuff has been useless, so the moveset can only be made with the animations currently available (like XML2 or MUA1)

Other than the 2 high quality character models I have seen on the XBOX360/PS3 versions, the Iron Fist available in MUA2 is inferior to my mod in many ways... (I am not trying to be arrogant in any way.)

What? Your back? Awesome!
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Hi Iammingy  :D
The Wii version also doesnt have Iron Fist and so far from what ive heard models arn't fully working.