Converted X-Men Legends 1/2 Characters Galore

Started by BliZZ, January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
How's it coming with Rogue?  I've had the same problem with Power Theft, in that I can't get it to work right.  Any idea where the steal power attribute is defined at?  I also haven't been able to get Torpedo Strike to deal damage, but everything else is a go.  I've even begun to make a mesh for her classic outfit.  Also, progress:

Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Looks like we kept the same moves. My Rogue is done, save the Classic skin for a slot (if you're getting a mesh together, then it makes sense for it to be slot 1, since we can get a mannequin) and the Power Theft being broken. Ms Marvel's grab smash (Cage's interfered with one of her powers) and Ms Marvel's melee.

She and Witch are both THIS close to done (witch is simply missing skin 3, Ultimate)

PS: Notice how your banner is stretched to twice its width? Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Needs to be 512x64 SHRUNK to 256x64.

May 06, 2007, 05:28PM #287 Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 05:30PM by Burning Rage
All of the banners from the official icon sets are the same size as mine.  Things look distorted in my screenshots because my laptop is an obscure widescreen size, and the game's resolution doesn't go as high as my screen does.  Being that everything is distorted, it's hard to tell what's the right size and what's not.  Regardless, what was the powerstyle definition you used for Torpedo Strike?  I can't get it to deal damage for some reason.

Code (Torpedo Strike) Select
   FightMove {
   aireusetime = 4 ;
   aitype = projectile ;
   animenum = ea_power11 ;
   combotextfinisher = Clash ;
   combotextstarter = Decimating ;
   handler = ch_rogue_torpedo ;
   icon = 2 ;
   lockangles = true ;
   name = power3 ;
   powerup_tag = rogue_p3 ;
   priority = 5 ;
      require {
      cat = skill ;
      item = rogue_p3 ;
      level = 1 ;
      }

trigger {
      arc = 180 ;
      damage = %rogue_p3_dmg ;
      damagescale = normal ;
      damagetype = dmg_physical ;
      knockback = 245 ;
      name = punch ;
      tag = 100 ;
      tiles = true ;
      time = -1 ;
         damageMod {
         name = dmgmod_auto_knockback ;
         }

}

trigger {
      effect = char/rogue/p10_impact ;
      name = effect_sound ;
      tag = 101 ;
      time = -1 ;
      }

trigger {
      name = powerusage ;
      powerusage = %rogue_p3_pwr ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

trigger {
      bolt = Bip01 L Hand ;
      effect = char/rogue/p10_charge ;
      fxlevel = 2 ;
      name = effect ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

trigger {
      bolt = Bip01 R Hand ;
      fxlevel = 2 ;
      name = effect ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

trigger {
      fxlevel = 1 ;
      name = effect_sound ;
      sound = char/vogue_m/p10_charge ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

chain {
      action = idle ;
      result = idle ;
      }

}

and here's what I have for Power Theft:

Code (Power Theft) Select
   FightMove {
   animenum = ea_power2 ;
   combotextfinisher = Diffusion ;
   combotextstarter = Devitalizing ;
   icon = 1 ;
   lockangles = true ;
   lockspeed = true ;
   name = power2 ;
   powerup_tag = rogue_p2 ;
   priority = 5 ;
      require {
      cat = skill ;
      item = rogue_p2 ;
      level = 1 ;
      }

trigger {
      class = rogue_drained ;
      life = %rogue_p2_lif ;
      name = powerup ;
      sound = char/vogue_m/p2_impact ;
      tag = 100 ;
      time = -1 ;
         special_fx {
         bolt = Bip01 Head ;
         effect = char/rogue/p2_aura ;
         how_used = primary ;
         }

}

trigger {
      life = %rogue_p2_stnlif ;
      name = powerup ;
      shared_tag = shared_stunned ;
      tag = 101 ;
      time = -1 ;
      }

trigger {
      movement = 0 ;
      name = slide ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

trigger {
      bolt = Bip01 R Hand ;
      effect = char/rogue/p1_charge ;
      fxlevel = 2 ;
      name = effect_sound ;
      sound = char/vogue_m/p2_charge ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

trigger {
      maxrange = 60 ;
      name = victim_set ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

trigger {
      attackerface = true ;
      name = victim ;
      nodename = grabstartvictim ;
      targetdistance = 52.3 ;
      time = 0 ;
      victimface = true ;
      }

trigger {
      attackerface = true ;
      name = victim ;
      nodename = idle ;
      targetdistance = 52.3 ;
      time = 0.5 ;
      victimface = true ;
      }

trigger {
      name = victim_release ;
      time = 0.5 ;
      }

trigger {
      damage = 0 ;
      name = punch ;
      powerusage = %rogue_p2_pwr ;
      time = 0.5 ;
      victimeventtag1 = 100 ;
      victimeventtag2 = 101 ;
         damageMod {
         name = dmgmod_drain_battery ;
         }

}

trigger {
      effect = char/rogue/p2_impact ;
      name = effect ;
      time = 0.5 ;
      }

chain {
      action = idle ;
      result = idle ;
      }

}

You said you had an idea to get Power Theft working...  what was it?  Have you tried it yet?  Oh, and what boosts did you give her?  I kept the Southern Shout, but I also made a new one that acts as a sort of boost/debuff.

Quote from: Burning Rage on May 06, 2007, 05:28PM
All of the banners from the official icon sets are the same size as mine.  Things look distorted in my screenshots because my laptop is an obscure widescreen size, and the game's resolution doesn't go as high as my screen does.  Being that everything is distorted, it's hard to tell what's the right size and what's not.
It has nothing to do with the size. I don't know how I can say it clearer, but I'll try: take an image that is 512x64 and then adjust the width of it so it is 256x64. It should look distorted in the file, but good in game. The game is taking your 256 pixel wide image and expanding it to 512 pixels wide. So if the image IS 512 pixels wide, but crunched up so it fits in a 256 pixel wide frame, it'll look right in-game. Is that clearer/am I getting my point across?
You said you had an idea to get Power Theft working...  what was it?  Have you tried it yet?  Oh, and what boosts did you give her?  I kept the Southern Shout, but I also made a new one that acts as a sort of boost/debuff.
I'm not on my laptop right now, so I don't have my MUA files and can't see what fixed Tornado Strike. I'll try to up my Rogue in the next couple days, although I'm gonna be pretty busy for the next couple of days. The boosts are Southern Shout and Bedazzle, the debuff from XML2.

Cool - I've been waiting for Rogue. Glad to hear she and witch both are nearly ready to go.

Quote from: BliZZ on January 29, 2007, 04:15PM

Sadly, it appears that much like how MUA has a hard-coded limit of 27, XML2 has a hard-coded limit of 21 :'( So, I replaced Professor X with Cable. The 3 I'm gonna leave out are Charlie, as he is the head NPC (much like Fury in MUA), Dark Phoenix (can you say redundant?) and X-Man (once again, redundant). I'm sure lots of you would rather replace Sabretooth and Pyro with some of the PSP characters, but this is my version.

I still have to find the skeletons and effects files for all four exclusives in the PSP version. :-X

will you be releasing a Cable mod for XML2?
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Cable's model doesn't work in XML2.  So sadly there is no Cable mod.

i tried to convert the mua cable mod for xml2 use, and it seems to work only i had to use bishops skeleton.  if i load it using a new saved game it crashes, if i use one of my old complete saved games it loads and the powers work.  I dont know why it crashes with a new game, i was hoping someone was working on one here.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Again, the model doesn't work in XML2.  MUA PC models are in a new format.  Plus, we can only export to the MUA PC format.  Actually, the animations won't work either, since they are from the PSP.  XML2 is uses an older format for animations and models so there's no way to make it work without using XML2 animations.

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=2c0b64aab159a27c21b5bb19bc0d471f

This is Gambit's Horseman of Apocalypse skin for XML2, can anyone convert it for use in MUA.

Thanks

Oh, I made a MUA Death skin awhile ago.
http://www.box.net/shared/tmcioh7cl5

I've really gotta release these things somewhere other than in the "mods only" forums...

A quick update, for those worried about my lack of them. I've got 5 conversions in the works, some closer than others.
1) Rogue: Power Theft is still broken, she still needs a Classic skin (are you still working on that, BurningRage?)

2) Scarlet Witch: Needs an Ultimate skin, otherwise she is done

3) Phoenix: Just recently started work on this. I know dark did one, but I'm going to incorporate rage meter/Dark Phoenix's moves

4) Bishop: Bullets do not show up, despite some valiant efforts by me. Also needs an Original (TAS) skin

5) Toad: The tongue is a HUGE pain in the ass. Shows up on half of the moves, but not the other half. Go figure

Blizz -
If you want to upload Toad, I'll see if I can help with the tongue issues. I WANT toad on MUA, so I've got some motivation to get him working. :)

I'm already looking into Bishop. Don't know if I can make things better, but perhaps fresh eyes could figure a solution.

As I've said before, I think the rage meter is an awesome idea for Phoenix. If I'd had the files I would have tried it myself. Good luck with that.

May 13, 2007, 10:55AM #298 Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 10:59AM by Burning Rage
Quote from: BliZZ on May 13, 2007, 06:25AM
A quick update, for those worried about my lack of them. I've got 5 conversions in the works, some closer than others.
1) Rogue: Power Theft is still broken, she still needs a Classic skin (are you still working on that, BurningRage?)

Yes I am.  It's been getting pushed back due to the fact that I can't export it from Max because I don't have a working alchemy plug-in, and I've had other modeling assignments I've had to get done for class.  It is about half done now though.

Aside from that, how did you get Torpedo Strike to work properly?  I'm not sure if it's because MUA lacks the handler for it, but I can't get her attack to cover enough ground between her and enemies, and I can't get it to deal damage (I've defined the damage upon impact, but still nothing).  As far as Power Theft is concerned, I have no idea.  I've been around the block with that more times than I care to remember.  If nothing else, I have her Tremor attack looking absolutely badass, and it's probably her best move she has (aside from Southern Strike of course, but only because it has insane knockback).  I'm also working on a way of giving her Sunfire's powers as a one skin exclusive, which will go to this skin after the classic gets done.

QuoteI'm also working on a way of giving her Sunfire's powers as a one skin exclusive, which will go to this skin after the classic gets done.

Wow, are you doing something beyond costume bonuses to give her new powers? If you're truly giving her completely different powers for one skin, that would open up a whole new world.