ICEMAN upgrades v1.3 (ice-sled, etc.)

Started by iammingy, June 07, 2008, 09:56PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It was really my fault, I didn't really make my post clear.

June 08, 2008, 12:55PM #16 Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 12:58PM by iammingy
OK, I have uploaded the update.
If you have installed v1.0, then you just need to put the files from the powerstyles folder and the packages folder to their corresponding folders in MUA.

Thanks SpongeSpider for reporting the bug! :bowdown1:

About time the Ice Slide was added back in - I REALLY wish the dev's had figured this out on their own though! Iceman ALWAYS has Ice Slide - its like removing Spideys web or keeping Invisible woman from flying :P which has been fixed already ;)

All 'n all a GREAT addition... I hope you figure out why the cold effect won't show up - but even if you don't it still rocks ;)

Thanks guys.

I was thinking of incorporating Iceman's spiky ice armor from XML1 into MUA, but the armor doesn't work that well on top of MUA skins (in both XML2 and MUA). It works well on XML2 skins, however. So, I dropped the idea.

What you guys see here are what I have planned for Iceman long time ago. There is still room for one more skin, the 6th costume, though.

June 09, 2008, 07:51AM #20 Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 08:27AM by Teancum
Awesome, can I use this in the next Xbox update?

--Oh, and if we ever update the Official Characters mod again we should totally put this, the Daredevil swing and Invisible Woman updates in there.

Yeah, but this upgrade is only compatible to the PC version for now. I need to convert the ice shield texture from DXT1 to DXT3 to make it XBOX-compatible.

If you do, don't include Daredevil's baton swing because the baton swing takes away his long double jump. Some people might not like it.

Quote from: iammingy on June 09, 2008, 11:11AM
If you do, don't include Daredevil's baton swing because the baton swing takes away his long double jump. Some people might not like it.

I agree with you, iammingy. I don't think anyone would complain about the additions to Iceman and Sue, but I personallly like DD's unique jump and haven't installed the baton swing.  Be nice to have skins 3 and 4 for Ronin to add to an update too to get rid of the "incomplete" status, though I'm sure that's not really a priority for anyone (myself included.)

DD also has a unique air smash doesn't he?

June 10, 2008, 12:22AM #25 Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 12:43AM by iammingy
Ultimate Iceman can have his chill effects now thanks to Gevth's discovery of the limits in the herostat. This proves that the bug has nothing to do with PS2 skins!

The code below is the updated herostat for Iceman. You will notice that the chill effects lags a little bit during the menu_action and menu_goodbye animations for the "Bobby Drake" (3rd) costume because I took out the animation filter to yield more space for all these StatEffects. Other than that, he's the same as before.

stats {
   ailevel = 1 ;
   autospend = support ;
   body = 5 ;
   characteranims = 08_iceman ;
   charactername = Iceman ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = 19 ;
   mind = 12 ;
   name = Iceman ;
   playable = true ;
   powerstyle = ps_iceman ;
   scriptlevel = 3 ;
   skin = 0801 ;
   skin_01_name = Classic ;
   skin_02 = 03 ;
   skin_02_name = Spiky ;
   skin_03 = 02 ;
   skin_03_name = Bobby Drake ;
   skin_04 = 04 ;
   skin_04_name = Original ;
   skin_05 = 05 ;
   skin_05_name = Ultimate ;
   sounddir = iceman_m ;
   strength = 4 ;
   team = hero ;
   textureicon = 6 ;
      Race {
      name = Mutant ;
      }

Race {
      name = XMen ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = iceman_p2 ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = iceman_resist ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_default ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = melee_moves ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = block ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = grab ;
      }

StatEffect {
      bolt = Bip01 Spine2 ;
      effect = char/iceman/special_selfchill ;
      fxlevel = 1 ;
      skin = 01 ;
      }

StatEffect {
      bolt = Bip01 R Hand ;
      fxlevel = 2 ;
      skin = 03 ;
      }

StatEffect {
      bolt = Bip01 L Hand ;
      fxlevel = 2 ;
      skin = 03 ;
      }

StatEffect {
      bolt = Bip01 Spine2 ;
      fxlevel = 1 ;
      skin = 02 ;
      }

StatEffect {
      bolt = Bip01 Spine2 ;
      fxlevel = 1 ;
      skin = 04 ;
      }

StatEffect {
      bolt = Bip01 Spine2 ;
      fxlevel = 1 ;
      skin = 05 ;
      }

}

You might need to start a new game for the changes to take effect.

Wow this mod is "cool" hehe. hey iammingy can you create a power for iron man? Cause i like to  see iron man with a uni beam power (similar to cpt.marvel).

Thanks!
I can't take anymore new requests until I finish my old ones. I had been working on these upgrades for Iceman and Invisible Woman for a while already... I just got the time to finish them off recently. I still got a long list of stuff to do. I am very sorry. :(