Cates' Stuff: Fantastic Four Upgrades, Namor Loadscreen, Apocalypse, Quasar

Started by Cates, June 24, 2008, 11:53AM

Previous topic - Next topic
FANTASTIC FOUR UPGRADES

Mr. Fantastic Blocking Upgrade: Hands now grow to large size (as they do in his boost) when blocking.

Reed and Sue HUD Improvement: Huds now better match their "Classic Skins"

NAMOR

Namor Loadscreen

Apocalypse, The Ancient Mutant
Download Version 1.6

Updates in version 1.6:
-Immortal Slam damage bug corrected
-Evolution skin by Marquis added (see preview on Marquis' release thread)
-improved quality Age of Apocalypse HUD

Mod includes:
-5 Skins and huds
-loadscreen, icons
-sounds
-optional herostat to include a cape on all skins
-mannequin by MXYZPTLK
-Evolution skin by Marquis
-9 powers

Skins and Huds:

Icons and Banner:

Loadscreen:

Powers:

Concussion Blast: Globes of concussive force emanate from each fist.
Telekinesis: Levitates enemies and objects.
Wrecker: Creates two heavy wrecking balls and and swings them with vicious force.
Culling Laser: A powerful beam attack.
Immortal Slam: Alters molecular structure of hands into two dense metal maces and strikes foes.
Teleport: Teleports across distances and barriers. If an enemy is present at the destination, they will take damage. Higher levels result in a reduced energy cost to teleport.
Superiority: Apocalypse's intimidating presence increases the effectiveness of the entire party, temporarily increasing the level of all skills.
Massive: Increases size and mass, temporarily raising maximum HP and striking.
Age of Apocalypse: Apocalypse resurrects fallen allies and enemies, converting foes to his cause. Resurrected foes zealously follow Apocalypse until they expire.

Notes:
-Growth "effect" for Massive power is not linked to the time of the hp and striking. The effect at Apocalypses' feet indicates when the boost is in effect. Activating "Massive" while large will restart the bonus effect and reduce Apocalypse's size to normal. Keep the teleport power in mind when Apocalypse is too large to fit through doors.
-For reasons unknown, only one fist will morph on Immortal Slam at times. This has no effect on damage.
-Selection Screen Banner does not fade at edges.

Quasar, The Protector of the Universe
Download

Mod includes:
-5 skins, all by thetommyboy2002, whose models and skins inspired this mod
-mannequin, also by tommy (cool thing: any of the five skins can be used as a mannequin)
-huds, icons, loadscreen
-8 powers

Version 1.1 Additions:
-Custom voice set using part of Captain America's voice, Xtreme shout to match the power, and Captain Marvel's power sounds.

Skins and Mannequin:
Top Row: Annihilation, Classic, Masked
Bottom Row: Original, Marvel Boy, Annhilation Mannequin

Icons and Banner:

Loadscreen:

Powers:
Energy Blade: Forms a blade out of quantum energy for a powerful melee attack with an increased chance of a critical hit.
Cosmic Dissonance: Clashes the Quantum Bands together and creates a cosmic ripple, knocking back and damaging enemies.
Quantum Blast: Fires an energy construct that explodes on impact, dealing damage to all enemies caught in the radius.
Electromagnetic Surge: Supercharged particles radiate from the Quantum Bands. Tap for additional particles.
Singularity: Quasar becomes a conduit for ambient energies, afflicting nearby enemies with radiation damage.
Quantum Jump: Quasar travels through the Quantum Zone and instantly arrives at his desired destination.  This ability is energy intensive and highly destructive within atmosphere.
Eon Link: Quasar's connection to the cosmic entity Eon heightens his awareness of the universe, revealing nearby enemies and increasing his chance to dodge attacks.
Construct Shield: Creates a solid bubble of quantum energy that protects against projectile attacks.
Energy Core: Unleashes the energy of the Starbrand contained within Quasar, flooding the area with cosmic energies.

Those who use Captain Marvel--I don't--will recognize a few of these powers, though they have been altered in some cases to do different or varied damage and moved around. Both boosts, the teleport, and the energy blade are wholly different than anything in Marvel's powers, making Quasar, in my opinion, a much more diverse character to play.

Enjoy!  And please provide feedback!

Nice Mod!
Wont he overwrite Cap Marvel's models though? I have Marv as 20201-20204. I may be in a minority, but I thought those were 'taken' by him.
I had used 18011-18016 for Quasar, again, the minority position using 'number+10', but it meant I could add dozens (via heroselect) without any overwriting.

June 24, 2008, 12:57PM #2 Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 12:59PM by Cates
Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on June 24, 2008, 12:22PM
Nice Mod!
Wont he overwrite Cap Marvel's models though? I have Marv as 20201-20204. I may be in a minority, but I thought those were 'taken' by him.
I had used 18011-18016 for Quasar, again, the minority position using 'number+10', but it meant I could add dozens (via heroselect) without any overwriting.

Uh oh, I hope I haven't screwed this up. According to my HeroSelect file, Marvel's using 173. I think that comes from the oficial characters pack. That's why I picked 202, because I thought it was no longer being used.

One thing about the numbering system you use: dosen't that mess with mannequins? My question stems from your Falcon mod. I can't get his skin to show up as a mannequin when I put it as 0721 in my manny folder. And of course, 0701 is Captain America. Have you found a way around that?

Quote from: Cates on June 24, 2008, 12:57PM
Uh oh, I hope I haven't screwed this up. According to my HeroSelect file, Marvel's using 173. I think that comes from the oficial characters pack. That's why I picked 202, because I thought it was no longer being used.

One thing about the numbering system you use: dosen't that mess with mannequins? My question stems from your Falcon mod. I can't get his skin to show up as a mannequin when I put it as 0721 in my manny folder. And of course, 0701 is Captain America. Have you found a way around that?

Ahh.. it may well be that the 'official' pack used 173. I based marv as 202 because that was the PSP numbering IIRC. I may need to install the 'official' pack/mod/thing before I can use your quasar. Thanks for the info.

As to my odd numbering system and mannequins, yes, it sucks a bit. I tend to have different copies of the 'models' directory that I swap in and out in order to get around that (ie a 'default' copy, an 'avengers mod' copy, a 'npc27' copy and so on). Its a clumsy way to go, but the games limits are the games limits. Sometimes two or more characters end up with the same mannequin with my 'system', but I don't spend hours gazing at that screen so it doesn't bug me. I choose who I want to play as, then play.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on June 24, 2008, 01:08PM
Ahh.. it may well be that the 'official' pack used 173. I based marv as 202 because that was the PSP numbering IIRC. I may need to install the 'official' pack/mod/thing before I can use your quasar. Thanks for the info.

I'm sorry if that is an inconvenience to you since they're your models and all. I hope you'll get a chance to check out the mod and let me know what you think.

Quote from: Cates on June 24, 2008, 01:27PM
I'm sorry if that is an inconvenience to you since they're your models and all. I hope you'll get a chance to check out the mod and let me know what you think.

No inconvenience at all, I'm just dl'ing the v3 beta and will install it and Quasar tonight.
I'm very glad and grateful someone gave him a Mod of his own. My version was weak (well it was basically Captain Marvel but with my Quasar models).

All installed now, and it plays well.
When I cheat and get 'all powers' on level one, he doesnt have enough energy for some of the powers, but thats hardly a bug. Presumably by the time he levels up enough to 'earn' those powers, he'll have enough enerrgy to use 'em.
Nice Mod, nice work, Thanks.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on June 24, 2008, 04:08PM
All installed now, and it plays well.
When I cheat and get 'all powers' on level one, he doesnt have enough energy for some of the powers, but thats hardly a bug. Presumably by the time he levels up enough to 'earn' those powers, he'll have enough enerrgy to use 'em.
Nice Mod, nice work, Thanks.

Great, and thanks for the feedback. That's interesting about the powers. I did do some tinkering with damage/energy to again try to make him less of a Marvel clone, though I typically use other MUA talent files as a reference to maintain balance, so I presume they will be available once you level up.

One exception is the Quantum Jump power. For "roleplaying" purposes--since Quantum Jumps were dangerous when performed on a planet due to collateral environmental damage--I boosted the damage of that in line with Ghost Rider's insane damage on his first power (the highest standard damage I could find on a default MUA character on a quick glance), and also made the energy cost substantially higher so people weren't just teleporting around and slaughtering bad guys. At higher levels, it does soemething like 3x the damage of Dr. Strange's teleport, which of course was the base power I worked from. That might be a case where I did go to high on energy costs, so let me know if there's a disconnect there.

According to MDB, his body can resurrect itself (would that be something of a passive for one of his skins [just like Original GR]?).

He is a former agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I noticed Cosmic Dissonance and Electromagnetic Surge were just similar to the Nega-Band Slamming attack and Shooting Stars respectively.

Nice work, and Quantum Jump is just pwnage.

Quote from: Midnight Curse on June 25, 2008, 05:24AM
According to MDB, his body can resurrect itself (would that be something of a passive for one of his skins [just like Original GR]?).

He is a former agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I noticed Cosmic Dissonance and Electromagnetic Surge were just similar to the Nega-Band Slamming attack and Shooting Stars respectively.

Nice work, and Quantum Jump is just pwnage.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ghost Rider's passive doesn't resurrect himself, but others on your team, AFAIK. I did use a heath regen passive called Cosmic Regeneration to get at that effect.

Quote from: muafan on June 25, 2008, 10:03AM
if u do a v.2 can u replace original with a phyla-vell skin, please?

Thanks for the suggestion. It would make sense, of course, to have Phyla included in this mod, though I think the only Phyla skin I have lying around is her Cap Marvel costume.  Because I like the five costumes already included, it would probably not replace any, just be costume 6, which means it wouldn't get any costume bonuses.

Personally, I'm not that fond of Phyla or any of the Marvel clan and their convoluted origins. Pretty bummed that they killed Wendell and gave the bands to Phyla, but what are you gonna do? She is Quasar now.

You of course can feel free to edit the herostat entry and swap out any skin yourself.

anyhow i really like this mod. the loadscreen especily- it looks like it was made by raven/activision.
Energy Blade is such a sweet atack- i cant tell u how good it is.

Yeah, love the loadscreenie. The banner looks ace too. :thumbsup:

Quote from: muafan on June 25, 2008, 04:37PM
anyhow i really like this mod. the loadscreen especily- it looks like it was made by raven/activision.
Energy Blade is such a sweet atack- i cant tell u how good it is.

Glad you like it! It's stolen from Sunfire, of course, as are the menu animations. There are so few powers out there that mimic Quasar's hard-energy construct ability. The blade was a perfect fit, and as I said in the initial post, I think it's one reason I think he's a diverse character to play.

Quote from: Midnight Curse on June 25, 2008, 04:53PM
Yeah, love the loadscreenie. The banner looks ace too. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I know you don't see them that much, but I always enjoy seeing the loadscreen of a custom character when it cycles through, which is why I've made so many. Makes it feel more "official" to me.