X-Men Legends Skin Mega Pack

Started by BliZZ, February 25, 2007, 11:07AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 25, 2007, 11:07AM Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:00AM by THX
Yes, it is true, the long-awaited release is here! Contains every skin from XML1 and XML2 in MUA format, converted by myself and Mr. Chameleon.

Download Now!

Enjoy! And post any problems (not sure what they could be :P) here.

EDIT: Xtreme Psylocke, Retro Psylocke, and Ultimate Cyclops are NOT included in the pack. darkmythology made bump-mapped versions based on the 'Dark' models, so they would not only be redundant, but lower quality.

Ultimate Cyclops

Xtreme Psylocke

Retro Psylocke

For previews, hit the corresponding skin conversion threads (though I will, eventually, crosslink all the images to this thread for ease of use, yesss).
Be aware that the pack is MUA-formatted. If you want the XML2-compatible XML1 models, get the separate releases from the XML subforum.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Hi,

According to the picture, this skin pack looks awesome.
However, I would like to know where I have to install the files exactly.
Thanks in advance for repliers
and sorry for the dumb question ...

Hi,
skins go in the "actors" directory.
As is explained in other threads.

Hi,

I'm new to the whole concept of "modding" so please forgive the "noob" question I'm about to ask.  Does this mod overwrite charecters and their powersets, or does it simply overwrite the existing charecter skins?

Quote from: colossus1821 on February 26, 2007, 03:27PM
Hi,

I'm new to the whole concept of "modding" so please forgive the "noob" question I'm about to ask.  Does this mod overwrite charecters and their powersets, or does it simply overwrite the existing charecter skins?

Neither.
It's just a very big pack of skins.
No powersets.
No existing files get overwritten, but you wont be able to select any of them in game unless you install powersets etc for them or replace existing skins..

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on February 26, 2007, 02:37PM
Hi,
skins go in the "actors" directory.
As is explained in other threads.

Thanks form you help. If I do understand correctly, to be able to use (for now) those skins, I need to overwrite it with an existinging one ( ex : wolverine related file in the Actors folder ) ?

Yes, pretty much.
These are really more of an excellent resource for Modders than a Mod per se.
But if you want, you can just replace an existing characters skin with them, till Mods for each character are released..

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on February 27, 2007, 06:17AM
Yes, pretty much.
These are really more of an excellent resource for Modders than a Mod per se.
But if you want, you can just replace an existing characters skin with them, till Mods for each character are released..

Thanks. Wahoo ... I can't wait for those mods.

one psylocke skin is missing from the file (her normal one not spacesuit)
that was the one I was actually looking for to play with, if someone has it and cn help me... thx

BliZZ has compunctions against using it because darkmythology has bolted the texture onto the MUA hi-res model. Not my fault, honest XD

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=a82ba94f35e07f27550cceaaabc98e53
Alternate TAS Wolverine (from X-Box, supposedly without back problems) and PS2 Xtreme Psylocke for the purists :D

Crimson Dynamo says:

February 28, 2007, 11:00PM #12 Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 11:05PM by Noelemahc
Several skins in action:

Advanced Lighting with Shadows on Medium or High makes the XML2 models look gorgeous even despite their lack of normal mapping. Of course, they look a tad crude next to MUA models that do; but they hold their own pretty well nonetheless. Without Advanced Lights, they look pretty much identical (of course, if you discount the Black Splotch Issue, which was the reason for my using the PS2 models as often as possible).

Crimson Dynamo says:

Previews that I have made for the skins contained in the megapack ('not included' means a version from XML2 or the other platform (PS2->XBOX or vice versa) is used while the snap was made from the platform denoted in the description):
Advanced Sentinel (XML1);
Anubite Greaters (XML2) - 5 variants;
Anubites (XML2) - 5 variants;
POW Guard, Collector, Shock Trooper Captain; Holocaust (endgame variant); Shock Trooper (all from XML2);
Charlie the SWAT guy and POW Marshal Commander (both from XML2);
Infinite Advanced (XML2) - five variants;
Infinites (XML2) - 5 variants;
Lady Deathstryke; Stryfe; Garokk; Omega Red (all from XML2);
Gladiator Toad; AoA Forge; AoA Mr Sinister; AoA Abyss (all from XML2);
Gladiator Phoenix; Gladiator Wolverine (Ultimate Predator); Gladiator Colossus; Gladiator Pyro (all XML2 versions);
Short Hair Ultimate Storm; Sauron; Human Ultimate Colossus; Civilian Outfit Cyclops (all from XML2);
Vindicator; Guardian; Living Monolith; Ka-Zar (all from XML2);
Zealot; Mikhail; Holocaust (basic variant); Grizzly (all from XML2);
Classic; Gladiator and Astral Armor Professor X (all XML2 versions);
The Behemoths (XML2) - 4 variants;
Heroes Reborn Iron Man;
Claw Beasts (XML2) - 5 variants;
Core Guards (XML2) - 5 variants;
Optic Crawlers (XML2) - 5 variants;
Death's Hands (XML2) - 5 variants;
Various Demons (XML1) - 2 variants of 2 models;
Energy Demons (XML2) - 5 variants;
Infinite Advanced Captains (XML2) - 5 variants;
Infinite Captains (XML2) - 5 variants;
Infinite Soldiers (XML2) - 5 variants;
Hellfire Club Thug (XML2); Lab Techs, male and female (XML2 versions);
Madri Priests (XML2) - 5 variants;
Madri High Priests (XML2) - 5 variants;
AoA Multiple Man (XML2);
Magma (PS2 XML1) - 4 variants;
Mercenaries (XML2) - 5 variants;
Mikhail's Rangers (XML2) - 5 variants;
Mikhail's Warriors (XML2) - 5 variants;
Morlock Bruisers (XML2 versions) - 5 variants;
Morlock Claws (XML2 versions) - 5 variants;
Morlock Psionics (XML2 versions) - 5 variants;
Mutant Mix (XML2);
Ninjas (XML2) - 2 variants;
POW Marshals (XML2) - variants 2, 3, 4 and 5 (see var.1 above);
Prelate Lords (XML2) - 5 variants;
Prelates (XML2) - 5 variants;
Genoshan Prisoners (XML2) - 2 variants;
Multiple Man (PS2 XML1);
Gladiator Avalanche, Marrow, Mystique, Ultimate Rogue (all PS2 XML1 versions);
Spacesuit White Queen; Plait Ultimate Storm; Havok; Spacesuit Psylocke (all PS2 XML1 versions);
Ultimate Jubilee; Nightcrawler; Ultimate Iceman (Hat version); Xtreme Psylocke (all PS2 XML1 versions);
Short Hair Ultimate Jean Grey and Animated Series Wolverine (both XML1 PS2 versions);
Ilyana Rasputin; Moira McTaggart; Morlock Bruisers (all PS2 XML1 versions);
Morlock Claws and Morlock Civilians (all PS2 XML1 versions);
Blanket Ilyana; Yellow Lab Tech; Crewman; Kid Anny (all PS2 XML1);
Lab Tech Orange; Civilian Male; Kid Male; Kid Denise (all PS2 XML1);
Kid Bishop; Danger Room Robot; Astral Ghost; Civilian Female (all PS2 XML1);
Kid Steve; Danger Room Robot Leader; Fire Demon; Kid Janice (all PS2 XML1);
Psychic Demons (XML2) - 5 variants;
Shifters (XML2) - 5 variants;
Shifters if used without palette reversal (XML2) - 5 variants, not included in pack.
Sinister's Agents (XML2) - 5 variants;
Xtreme Psylocke; Marrow; Ultimate Iceman (Hat version) (all XBOX XML1 versions) - reference only, not included in pack;
Gladiator Avalanche; Space Suit Beast; Classic Avalanche; Original Beast (all XBOX XML1 versions) - Gladiator Avalanche reference only, not included in pack;
Spacesuit White Queen; Gladiator Cyclops; Camouflage Cyclops; Uncanny White Queen (all XBOX XML1 models) - all but Camo Cyclops reference only, not included in pack;
Havok, Gateway, Multiple Man, Ultimate Jubilee (all XBOX XML1 versions) - only Gateway included in pack, others reference only;
Magma (XBOX XML1 versions) - 3 variants, reference only, not included in pack;
Shadow King; Spacesuit Psylocke; Armored Shadow King; Mystique (all XBOX XML1 versions) - only Shadow King variants included in pack, others reference only;
Undercloaks (XML2) - 5 variants;
AoA Blink; Uncanny Forge; Banshee (all XML2 versions);
Dazzler; Grizzly; Bastion (all XML2);
Purple Polaris; Havok; Stepford Cuckoo (all XML2 versions);
Shadowcat; Quicksilver; Pyro (all XML2);
Acolytes and Brotherhood members (all XBOX XML1 versions) - 2 variants of 2 models;
Director of Weapon X; Gladiator Brotherhood member (both XBOX XML1 versions);
Morlock Healer and Ultimate Rogue (both XML1 XBOX versions) - Ultimate Rogue reference only, not included in pack;
GRSO Soldiers (XBOX XML1) - 4 variants;
HAARP Soldier; GRSO Riot Squad; Weapon X Guard; General Kincaid (all XBOX XML1);
Policeman; SWAT Guy; Nuclear Guard; Marrow's Lieutenant (all XBOX XML1 versions);
Zealot's Minions (XML2) - 5 variants.

P.S. Why PS2 textures are preferrable to X-Box ones.

P.P.S. I WILL make previews for all the remaning models in the foreseeable future, worry not.

Crimson Dynamo says:

Updated the pack to include fixed version of Retro Wolvy.