Dihan's Mods

Started by Dihan, July 05, 2008, 03:32AM

Previous topic - Next topic
As I said, it works fine for me so I don't know why you're having a problem. I'm uploading a new version anyway with a few tweaks in power balance.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Awesome! You released it! But dude, how about some screenshots so that us less-digitally-evolved beings can have a sight. Besides, I really wanna see how my skins and icons look in MUA!

i will give a look after i complete the game and turn to make a MUA with only X-men game
(a signature for me in others forums)
[/URL]

Quote from: shafcrawler on July 05, 2008, 10:37AM
Awesome! You released it! But dude, how about some screenshots so that us less-digitally-evolved beings can have a sight. Besides, I really wanna see how my skins and icons look in MUA!

I've put the skins up. You've already seen the icons anyway, they look exactly the same as the ones you sent me except a bit smaller.

July 06, 2008, 11:01AM #20 Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 11:27AM by muafan
its a good mod! i still wierds me out to play as alil gay  man but anyway.....

Quote from: muafan on July 06, 2008, 11:01AM
its a good mod! i still wierds me out to play as alil gay  man but anyway.....
lol dont be so insecure :P

Quote from: muafan on July 06, 2008, 12:30PM
is it my fault im a homophobe?
I guess not :P Or maybe a little ;)

Anyway, it seems Husk isn't so above me. I have all of her powers working except for Wooden Lunge (just like the similar Rogue power, it doesn't do damage) but I can just check out the Cannonball mod for that, I hope.

Quote from: muafan on July 06, 2008, 12:30PM
is it my fault im a homophobe?

Yes.
Your joke wasn't very funny.
Keep your bigotry off this site, please.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on July 06, 2008, 02:06PM
Keep your bigotry off this site, please.

thank you :)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Dihan -

Thanks again for your work on Northstar. I hope you keep converting these characters that the XML2 modders have done!

I gave Northstar a try and here are a few notes:
-Skins and huds look great, as do the icons (though the "black box" effect needs removed.
-Powers 1 and 6 are cool; nice to have the effects so similarly colored. Power 5 is fine as well.
-Power 2--the left hand, which actually gives the uppercut, is not given an effect. That should be a simple fix to bolt that on in the PS.
-Power 3 doesn't seem to work at all.
-Power 7 (1st Boost) doesn't have any effect, so it's impossible to tell when the power is active.
-There's no jumpsmash and only a generic grabsmash. The jumpsmash should be simple to add by pulling it from another character's ps. Grabsmash could be improved if you use the coding from the 4_combat_skeleton you used.
-I don't have any powers or icons for skin 6. Could be a problem in the packages.

Overall a good start with some fairly easy fixes to get it up to top shape. Looking forward to see what you do with Husk, and I'll try to check out the issues in your files for her as well.

Quote from: Cates on July 09, 2008, 01:00PM
Dihan -

see?    ;D

Quote from: Cates on July 09, 2008, 01:00PM
Dihan -

Thanks again for your work on Northstar. I hope you keep converting these characters that the XML2 modders have done!

I gave Northstar a try and here are a few notes:
-Skins and huds look great, as do the icons (though the "black box" effect needs removed.
-Powers 1 and 6 are cool; nice to have the effects so similarly colored. Power 5 is fine as well.
-Power 2--the left hand, which actually gives the uppercut, is not given an effect. That should be a simple fix to bolt that on in the PS.
-Power 7 (1st Boost) doesn't have any effect, so it's impossible to tell when the power is active.
-There's no jumpsmash and only a generic grabsmash. The jumpsmash should be simple to add by pulling it from another character's ps. Grabsmash could be improved if you use the coding from the 4_combat_skeleton you used.
-I don't have any powers or icons for skin 6. Could be a problem in the packages.

Overall a good start with some fairly easy fixes to get it up to top shape. Looking forward to see what you do with Husk, and I'll try to check out the issues in your files for her as well.

I admit that the icons do have black boxes around them but the power and costume problems confuse me.

Here are a few images of the powers in question with the sixth costume, just to prove that they do work for me. I have no idea whatsoever why they wouldn't work for anyone else.

Power 2:

The effect for me occurs just before the uppercut.

Power 3:

It does work for me.

Power 7:

The effect shows for me.

Jump smash:

There is one. Though if you meant the jump smash during flight, then that is a problem - I guess I repeatedly forgot to do it.

So again, I don't know why they don't work for you when they work perfectly fine for me. Maybe if I re-zipped them all using the files I use, it's possible I may have forgotten to update my main folders whilst testing stuff out...