Our New FX Textures

Started by Lord Frankie, July 05, 2008, 01:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 05, 2008, 01:22PM Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 01:34PM by Magneto
ok i decided to open a topic where everyone can post the textures he created for effects.

well, i've actually never seen anyone talking about custom textures here, but i have made some.
Actually many are useless, so i'll just start posting this one

i made this for a new bamf for nightcrawler i'm making. I found out that it looks very good also for energy-smoke effects, like the smoke that comes out of Doom's hands in the cinematics.

(don't download the pic but the already complete igb file)

DOWNLOAD:http://www.mediafire.com/?fyjmes6xueh
Alpha blend mode available

wow, that looks cool. i wish i had something to share but i havnt start modding yet,this computer cant even run MUA:(....
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

cool,thanks for the FX texture magneto.
and spiderman,i did not know you was going to mod too,do you have a project?or something?
(a signature for me in others forums)
[/URL]

Personally, I wish someone would make a more 'comic-ish' Cyclops eyebeam... the current one looks like he's firing a splurt of koolaid out of his head rather than a beam of solid energy :P the one in XL-2 was a better job and it was pink for cryin in mud lol

that would be great,grig
[/URL]

damn,i cant put it on game,what i have to add in herostat?
[/URL]

Ah well you know game devs.. if it looks stupid or lacks relative depth then its GOTTA be in the game :P

lol...no projects, except for trying to get some video tutorials so more people can learn how to mod, till the end of summer...

topic about textures. this is random discussion. cheers ^_^

sry, my fault :(

I was talking about a texture - cyclops' Eyebeam namely

July 06, 2008, 02:34PM #11 Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 02:37PM by Magneto
dont worry ^_^ wait a minute maybe i misunderstood what you were saying  ...my bad

wait i was thinking, if someone posts a new texture, i'll put it in the first post.

Quote from: matezoide on July 06, 2008, 08:15AM
damn,i cant put it on game,what i have to add in herostat?

uh?

Quote from: Magneto on July 06, 2008, 02:34PM
uh?

He doesn't know how to install it.

Shouldn't the name of the texture be called "bamf_03.igb" instead of "BAMF3.igb"?

how did u make the bamf effect? i wouldnt be able to get it to be all misty

Well it's how I have called my new texture. could be any other name.
I uploaded it so that if someone wishes to edit/makenew effects, there's a new texture.
Sure, if you want to replace an old texture with this, you should rename it. But replacing isnt always enough, you'll probably need to edit the size and the quantity

ah Nightcrawler in MUA uses mainly two textures called wispysmoke1 and wispysmoke2
but if you replace 'em with mine, it will be a little messy.

i'm gonna upload a custom Bamf effect for which i used this texture