Rogue Heal Fix

Started by Bandobras Took, October 05, 2008, 06:29PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 05, 2008, 06:29PM Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 10:11PM by Bandobras Took
I didn't find one of these anywhere, so I went ahead and made one, since I'm a Rogue fan and didn't want to mod my game too heavily.

Rogue's Heal ability is glitched in XML2, not only removing positive buffs created by other characters, which it shouldn't do, but also seriously gimping the damage output of Rogue's other powers, even after the duration of Heal has expired (I tested this with Torpedo -- after using Heal, the damage drops to that of a normal punch, and the only way to reset it seems to be to return to wherever your base is).

This tiny mod simply deletes the lines that attempt to remove debuffs, since it was removing far more than originally intended.  I did not modify the description of the power, merely its effect.

The file goes in the /data/powerstyles directory.

Here.

This is a fantastic fix.  Way to go.  Have you checked Scarlet Witch's Heal skill?  It's description doesn't say anything about removing any ongoing debuffs but it also doesn't say anything about the 10% health cost, which definitely happens when she uses the boosts.

I've checked both the data file and in game for the Scarlet Witch's Heal power.  It does not cost any percentage of the Scarlet Witch's health, nor does it remove positive buffs that other teammates have active.  One interesting thing, though, is that the Scarlet Witch's Heal does not gain any duration as you put ranks into it.

October 20, 2008, 09:03PM #3 Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 09:10PM by Jack of All Trades
I don't have my pc copy of the game yet, but I swear to you I tried out the heal skill the other day and it cost some health.  I'm going to check it right now.

I stand corrected, her skill works just fine.

I have a question.  Will this mod mess up my game if I try to start a new game using my saved statistics?

It didn't for me, but back up your ps_rogue.engb file, just to be safe.

Do you mind uploading the file again ?