Official Characters -- Beta v4 RELEASED (Oct 26, 2008)

Started by BliZZ, October 26, 2008, 04:45PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Click on the picture to download.  MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR HEROSELECT FOLDER IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER MODS INSTALLED

Size: 77.01mb

Contains every character that appeared in any version of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance:
The Next-Gen exclusives:  :colossus: Colossus and  :moonk: Moon Knight (including an exclusive fourth skin for Moon Knight)
The Xbox 360 Gold Edition Characters:  :cyclops: Cyclops,  :hawkeye: Hawkeye,  :hulk_icon: Hulk,  :nightcrawler: Nightcrawler,  :doom: Dr. Doom,  :magneto: Magneto,  :stooth: Sabretooth and  :venom: Venom
The PSP exclusives:  :blackwidow: Black Widow,  :genis: Captain Marvel and  :ronin: Ronin (Hawkeye is counted in the 360 characters)
Also includes: Heroselect, a great program that will allow you to swap out characters.  (there is a max of 27 characters in-game)
Colossus, Hawkeye, Hulk and Moon Knight come pre-installed.  Use Heroselect to swap them out if you wish

Updates since the last release:
-Major overhauls to Hulk, Magneto, Hawkeye, and Silver Surfer
-New version of heroselect
-Various new mannequins
-Nightcrawler's sword bug fixed
-Sabretooth bug fix
-Cyclops boost sounds fixed
-Hulk is now unlocked by beating M.O.D.O.K., to avoid Bruce Banner meating Hulk on your first playthrough

Credits:
-Raven Software/Vicarious Visions: The original games (Vicarious Visions did the PSP port)
-Neversoft: For Venom's voice (from the PS1 Spider-Man game)
-THX: for the hosting of this site
-BliZZ: for heading up the mod, and doing the bulk of the conversions
-Tommyboy2002: for the Captain Marvel and Ronin models + Dr Doom mannequin
-Dark_Mark: Venom, Hulk, Hawkeye and Magneto models/mannequins + Sabretooth mannequin
-Iammingy: For incredible skins, fixing of effects, new boltons and the Black Widow update
-Norrin Radd: For Heroselect, the additional 3 Dr Doom skins, the Original Sabretooth skin and other misc
-Winstrol: for ZSMEditor, without which we wouldn't have sounds
-Teancum: Character sounds, compiling of beta 3
-Overload: For the posed Cyclops, Hawkeye, Hulk and Nightcrawler mannequins
-Burning Rage, darkmythology: initial 360 conversion research
-Anyone else I forgot: Thanks

Installation Instructions: (thanks Iammingy)
To install the mod correctly:
1. Back up your files - it will overwrite your herostat and other files. It will also reset your heroselect to include only the officials, you will have to readd other characters to heroselect.
2. Place OfficialCharsBV4.rar in ..\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance
3. Right click on OfficialCharsBV4.rar and click "Extract Here".
4. If it asks you to "confirm file replace", click "Yes to all", assuming that you have backed up your files already. If you haven't backed up your files, then click "No to all" and back up your files now.
5. Let it run for a bit.
6. After it's done extracting, the mod is ready for playing.
7. The default herostat contains Colossus, Hawkeye, Hulk and Moon Knight. You can swap in other characters with Heroselect. You can find the herostat entries of other "Official" characters in herostat.CFG from the "heroselect" folder.

What to expect in the next (final) release:
-Captain Marvel, Black Widow, and Ronin will have their Wii models
-Silver Surfer will get a Silver Savage mesh (or some other 4th skin)
-New simulator missions will be added
-Doom's sounds will be fixed
-Doom's xtreme effects will be fixed
-And More...

October 26, 2008, 07:19PM #1 Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 06:51PM by Power Cosmic
What about RavenCore Credits. His the one who build Nightcrawler w/sword, Cyclops Astonishing manny by... what his name again who built this manny.

Quote from: BliZZ on October 26, 2008, 04:45PM
What to expect in the next (final) release:
-Captain Marvel, Black Widow, and Ronin will have their Wii models
-Silver Surfer will get a Silver Savage mesh (or some other 4th skin)
-New simulator missions will be added
-Doom's sounds will be fixed
-Doom's xtreme effects will be fixed
-And More...

The purple one is the updates right. I'm still got Shaba's on the x_voice, doom & new thor sound fixed you want it & New Sims is a PSP Sims right. How about the other updates:
Complete PSP Char Sounds(only left is _m.zsm of Ronin Echo's Effect, Hawkeye Ricochet Rocket Bounces & Captain Marvel Flight)
Ronin Echo Effects sound fixed(take from DD, DP, Blade & Elektra)(need sheated/unsheated gun from Blade note in her powerstyle file)
Cyclops Roundhouse Kick sound fixed
Skin by iammingy: Magneto 2 skins(Classic & 80's) & Venom Classic bulky Marvel Knights bulky skin
Venom Classic bulky manny
Hulk sound fixed(i think Radioactive Man "Yes"(RESPAFIRM), "Attack"(CMDATTACK), "Smash Them All"(CMDTARGET) can be useful for his v.zss file & m.zsm file from XML2(made by Teancum)
Hulk skin made by iammingy(Classic + DLC Hud, Original) & Ravencore(Planet Hulk + DLC Hud)
31 different DLC herostat & team_back files(each 2 characters & slots would liked to use from 8 slots, if there was fixed 360 mlm_team_back. Example: 25 Originals + 2 DLC left= 27 Characters & Slots). There's:
7 Dr. Doom: with Sabretooth, with Magneto, with Venom, with Hulk, with Hawkeye, with Cyclops or with Nightcrawler
6 Sabretooth: with Magneto, with Venom, with Hulk, with Hawkeye, with Cyclops or with Nightcrawler
5 Magneto: with Venom, with Hulk, with Hawkeye, with Cyclops or with Nightcrawler
4 Venom: with Hulk(Original. Blizz picture in below), with Hawkeye, with Cyclops or with Nightcrawler
3 Hulk: with Hawkeye, with Cyclops or with Nightcrawler
2 Hawkeye: with Cyclops or with Nightcrawler
1 Cyclops: with Nightcrawler

I can help you for find some updates, if you really want to.

I can't able download the full downloads at my school. I can only able download the full one in my house. After i download it at my house, i better see inside this one. Please god. i wish this one is better mod.

Really nice screencaps! Are Ronin's two skins complete?

No.  Iammingy is working on converting Ronin, but he's either really busy with school or has left modding entirely.

Are you sure about this Teancum. I don't know where Ronin reskin from.

Just downloaded the mod and it looks great.
However, my game crashes whenever I select any of the characters except  :colossus: and  :moonk: Any ideas why?

If you installed it right (which, really, is just extracting it right) it should look like this [after removing the four starting chars from the front of the screen] and all of the characters should be selectable.

Quote from: BliZZ on October 26, 2008, 08:19PM
If you installed it right (which, really, is just extracting it right) it should look like this [after removing the four starting chars from the front of the screen] and all of the characters should be selectable.

My default select screen doesn't look like that.  When I downloaded the mod, it didn't give me a choice to extract, just gave me a .rar file that I had to unload into the seperate folders.  Should I try redownloading the mod?

Just choose to extract the rar to the main MUA directory.

Blizz, does the DLC Conversations was on .rar file too, let me know. Ok what's that mean we have to avoid Banner meating Hulk, just give example okay & show the pics.

First I would like to say this program is simply awesome! I am perplexed on one thing though. I am trying to resize Thor as I think he should be taller, but I can't seem to figure out how. I used to just use XMLBCUI to compile/decompile herostat.engb but if I do that the changes do not take effect. When I try to edit the herostat.cfg I get wacky results such as two Wolverines, one of which replaces Thor in the start of the game. How can I edit the characters now?

eu baixei este programa mais so apareceu o hawkeye, o hulk não apareceu?? estava locked onde era para ele esta?? e eu não consequi usar o hero select?? por favor me ajudem.

October 27, 2008, 05:24PM #14 Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 06:42PM by Power Cosmic
Eh Blizz, i think i have a problem with Venom's manny &, you should insert his new manny(by Ravencore) & his bulky version(by iammingy) before you released this mod, his new manny is big & the skin is to Official. Such as Magneto(17501,02 & 04(w/ 10100 or 17504 skin from BV3)) & Hulk(17001(from iammingy's Hulk mod),02) Huds, just keep the DLC & The Keeper's Hud, use mine. He's eyes would be as the Hud.