Official Characters -- Beta v4 RELEASED (Oct 26, 2008)

Started by BliZZ, October 26, 2008, 04:45PM

Previous topic - Next topic
You guys maybe have to make a big update pack since i can't use heroselect at all. i tried to download the pack all over and send it to the game but it just wont work. you need to built it all over and fix the bugs too

It works for everyone else.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: Patrib1103 on May 25, 2009, 05:59AM
you need to built it all over and fix the bugs too

i cant give an exact time as to how long the FIRST version of this mod took to make, but i know it was a hell of a long time. And im also pretty sure that the latest versions have taken even longer. In all honesty, if i was one of the modders who spent countless hours trying to make this mod the best damn thing it can be, and i read something like that, i think i would feel like shooting someone...

As far as im concerned you guys are legends :)

Sorry for that Shauny but i dont know what to do. When i downloaded it the first it worked but then my computer got a crash because of the cards. when it's fixed and i download the Marvel game and mods, then the heroselect crash so i dont know what to do.

Patrib:

Check the folder settings. Sometimes the answer may lie in the location of the game. If all else fails, relax, and try the modding steps all over again and carefully read the instructions(They are everywhere). These mods are a result of hard work and are in no way failures.

Dark_Mark:

This is not exactly a bug, but it kind of bothers me. Whenever I use the Official characters to fight against the Arcade Androids(the shape shifting ones) in Murderworld, they don't show the character but a white model. It happens for all other mods as well. Is there a way you can fix this?
CosmoChakra's mods !

Skins of HULK,PUNISHER,LUKE CAGE so far!!!

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3114.0

Quote from: Patrib1103 on May 25, 2009, 11:04AM
Sorry for that Shauny but i dont know what to do. When i downloaded it the first it worked but then my computer got a crash because of the cards. when it's fixed and i download the Marvel game and mods, then the heroselect crash so i dont know what to do.

Re-install the game and re-add the characters. If it still doesn't work then there's something wrong with your computer - not the mod

Quote from: CosmoChakra on May 25, 2009, 01:25PM
Dark_Mark:

This is not exactly a bug, but it kind of bothers me. Whenever I use the Official characters to fight against the Arcade Androids(the shape shifting ones) in Murderworld, they don't show the character but a white model. It happens for all other mods as well. Is there a way you can fix this?

I've experienced this as well -- but only for certain mods.  Someone once suggested to "simply" substitute a hero you don't like and want to take out some aggression on for the figureless white androids....  But, they gave no instructions on how/where to make these alterations.  Some of the heros that have the white androids are in the Official Character Pack.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Admins :
Quote from: Patrib1103 on May 25, 2009, 11:04AM

Quote from: CosmoChakra on May 25, 2009, 01:25PM
Dark_Mark:

I have investigated this issue and as far as I know the androids are hardcoded (i.e. there are no scripts or packages that say which model to use for which hero). The white models are defaultmen, who are used when the game does not recognize a particular hero. The only solution I can think of would be swapping the defaultman model with someone else (e.g. the unused MUA Sentinel, who would somewhat fit the Android theme).
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Dark_Mark:
While we're on that, this happens only with your Magneto mod! As far as I've played with all mods I've installed, that's the only hero that has that default man instead of the actual hero android!
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

133 arcade android happens to have no offsets. Found that out while searching for the PS2 offsets.

The Arcade androids take their internal IGB numbers (133xx) from whatever four heroes' numbers are being played at the time.  New meshes don't have internal IGB numbers like the shipped meshes do, so it can't find em' and goes with the default.

Quote from: xlehnsherr on May 26, 2009, 02:43AM
Dark_Mark:
While we're on that, this happens only with your Magneto mod! As far as I've played with all mods I've installed, that's the only hero that has that default man instead of the actual hero android!

Do you mean that Hulk, Hawkeye, Venom, Black Widow, Ronin and Captain Marvel work without problems?
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Dunno about these characters, since I don't have them in my roster! Sorry. Don't recall having problem with a mod, other than Magneto.
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

Quote from: Dark_Mark on May 26, 2009, 04:00AM
Do you mean that Hulk, Hawkeye, Venom, Black Widow, Ronin and Captain Marvel work without problems?

Ive had this issue with Hawkeye (i have black widow, ronin, and capt marvel in my herostat but havent played through that area with them)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it