Author Topic: X-Men Legends PC - Alpha v2 DEMO  (Read 13994 times)

Offline EvGamer-X-

• Uncanny Member
    • https://vk.com/xml_mua_modding
Re: X-Men Legends PC - Alpha v2 DEMO
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2013, 01:49pm »
the link does not work
-X-

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2013, 11:37am »
Yep, been dead for a long time and nobody reuploaded it who had it. Shame, too. I would have tried to continue it.

Offline Emily Frost

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2013, 12:27am »
Yep, been dead for a long time and nobody reuploaded it who had it. Shame, too. I would have tried to continue it.

Did you ever locate a copy?

I am currently converting XML2 to MUA, but it would not be much trouble to add the New York Act from XML1 to the beginning, as people took the time to convert it and finish making it playable.

I hope a copy resurfaces. I am currently in the process of upscaling the XML1 cinematics to play fullscreen in the MUA engine.

"I'd give my Ex-Gene for my Ex, Jean... but I'll date Emma- since it's the next best thing."

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2013, 05:11am »
Don't bother. Porting XML1>>MUA was the first unsuccessful try. It has the same problem of objects disappearing after a few levels. However putting XML2>>MUA instead may shed some light on whether it's an engine version issue, or whether we need to do some more work on XMLBs form XML1 to get it in line with the other two games.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 05:18am by Teancum »

Offline Emily Frost

• Uncanny Member
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2013, 03:38pm »
Thanks for the heads up.

Thus far, the only thing I have found that doesn't work right from XML2 to MUA out of the box is that in the cutscenes the actors are either missing skeleton files or I haven't correctly pointed the mua engine to where they are/were defined in the XML2 engine. The actors appear, but things like fingers extend waaaay too far and hang on other objects. I asssume its skeletal related cause I've seen that before when I used to mod DOA3. Asside from that, Everything else works like a charm really.

I am finishing up the herostat, then I'll adjust the npcstat, at that point I'll cheat to lvl99 so I can run through the levels in chronological order to make sure there are no breaks. I tried to do this initially, but got to where I was supposed to save Blink and since she wasn't set in the npcstat she never activated to let me teleport across the first gap. I defined her and the mission is completable now... So I figured I should just fix the npcstat in its entirety first so guards that need to be killed for doors to open and that sort of thing doesn't hold me up. Using the XML2 npcstat as a base likely works well enough to playthrough untouched, its just there are overlaps that need to be fixed such as mystereo appearing instead of the brood enemies because they recycled their ID # from XML2 and gave it to mystereo for MUA.
"I'd give my Ex-Gene for my Ex, Jean... but I'll date Emma- since it's the next best thing."

Offline EvGamer-X-

• Uncanny Member
    • https://vk.com/xml_mua_modding
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2013, 01:12pm »

link does not work  :vengeance:
-X-

Offline Teancum

• Admin
  • Invincible Member
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2013, 01:49pm »
****LOCKED****

Don't want to confuse this old build with my restart of the project.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:46pm by Teancum »