Angel Mod

Started by darkmythology, April 05, 2007, 03:56PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Can't wait to get home tonight and try him.  Thanks, in advance, Darkmythology.  I was fighting Deathbird last night and thinking how cool an Angel mod was going to be.  I can't wait to see which skins you've given him!   :archangel:

just had the same problem that iammingy, but then switched to the Archangel skin nnd maxed up the power boost, and that seemed to work temporally.

April 06, 2007, 10:32AM #17 Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 11:09AM by Legend_Killer9
Hm one question, I saw that Phoenix image there and it had all icons and all powers and stuff. Here can I get the mod like that??  :ohnoes: I have the Phoenix mod but without icons. That Phoenix looks awesome :D

Oh and another question, if we start a new game with saved stats will the character (lets say Angel or Jean) be able to fly or it has to be default stats? Thanks

April 06, 2007, 12:46PM #18 Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 12:51PM by iammingy
Quote from: Legend_Killer9 on April 06, 2007, 10:32AM
Hm one question, I saw that Phoenix image there and it had all icons and all powers and stuff. Here can I get the mod like that??  :ohnoes: I have the Phoenix mod but without icons. That Phoenix looks awesome :D

Oh and another question, if we start a new game with saved stats will the character (lets say Angel or Jean) be able to fly or it has to be default stats? Thanks

1. You can simply ask Bankai_Sama to share the icons he made.
2. It has to be with defaut stats, I have tried with saved game stats and he didn't have flight and might.

Quote from: boreman on April 06, 2007, 08:38AM
just had the same problem that iammingy, but then switched to the Archangel skin nnd maxed up the power boost, and that seemed to work temporally.

Ok, that means I am not the only person having this bug.... :ohnoes:
I was using the fourth skin (Defenders), which skin were you using before using the Archangel skin?

The first one, regular XML, don't remember the in-game name.

Actually, the powers work OK when entering simulator missions, but then he got pwned in Murderworld by THE SHOCKER  :banghead:!!!

April 06, 2007, 02:16PM #20 Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 03:18PM by iammingy
The first and forth skins....both have regeneration... dang, I actually picked the skins with regeneration... :banghead:
So, it works perfectly fine for you until this very moment only when using the 2nd skin with maxed Power damage? :ohnoes:

EDIT: Go to an extraction point, replace Angel with someone and go back to gameplay. Put Angel back on your team and, the bug is removed...for now. I am still using the 4th skin.

Thanks iammingy. Well Bankai_Sama could you send me your Phoenix icons and HUds? Thanks a lot  :D

I would, but It's darkmythology's mod, I'm not sending stuff anywhere until he gives permission.

You have any idea how many of us have used others mods, changed the files ourselves, and reupped them?  I guarantee he won't care, as the icons and HUDs you made aren't his per say, being that you made them.  Just like any mod I make.  If you make a new file for it, then by all means if someone wants it, you have my permission to reupload.  We're a community of bretherin here, where we share.  :)
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Besides, Noel already upped hi-res Phoenix icons in the icon thread :P

Yeah I just saw Noels icons still I really liked those icons Bankai made. I hope Noel doesn´t think I don´t like his work because I do but I did enjoyed those icons. Well if you can upload them I will be gratefull. Thanks for the time  ;)

Yes, please upload.

I think a general rule for modding alteration etiquate could be summed up as this:
1. It is always ok to up NEW content for a mod (new icons, HUDs, skins, etc) at pretty much any time, as these are all YOUR OWN effort and talent going into creating a new, tangible product. This goes especially if, like in my Phoenix mod, it was released without said components.
2. It is not always ok to re-upload somebody else's mod, or a derivative thereof, unless you very carefully specify that it was their work. (i.e. uploading icons is cool. Uploading, for instance, my phoenix mod with powerX doing more damage because you thought it was weak would likely be considered bad form.)
3. Uploading someone else's work within a larger context, you should ask their permission and give credit if possible. (i.e. if I love your icons and want to include them with my mod's second release soon, I should only do so with your expressed permission, with no attempt to pass them off as my own work.)

I think those just about cover the standard etiquette for situations such as this.

Eeeee. here it all is then. Sorry for the reluctance, but I have seen way too many other mod communities go up in flames from someone doing something just like this... better safe than sorry I guess. 

Okay, this includes icons as above, a complete set of huds and a rehash of the white phoenix skin that's a bit cleaner.  just unzip it over the top, should work alright.

http://www.box.net/shared/vnih372rf2

not sure how that link will go, never used box.net before.

enjoy.

Oh my giddy aunt! That's some gorgeous iconage you've got there, man!

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks a lot Bankai for the upload  ;D