Angel Mod

Started by darkmythology, April 05, 2007, 03:56PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just got around to playing the mod.  Two thumbs up for sure dude.  Kudos.

Definite 2 thumbs up here as well. I'm already playing him with the Cyclops, Phoenix and Beast mods on this site. It's so awesome to have the full first X-Men team playable (Bobby's on reserve since I've already played as him).

Crazy side-note: Using the sound files imported from XML-2 (on the modding sound rundown page) you can give Angel a few speaking lines as he plays. Granted, his voices come from the battle when he was Archangle so he says stuff like 'You're as feable as Xavier's dream for peace' and 'Praise to Apocalypse' but he does have some lines. Same with Beast as well (except it's Dark Beast's lines).

@ DarkMythology -- my 'lead tester' (best buddy) and I decided of all heroes to have the 27th slot on the Xbox that Angel should get it.  Is it cool if I port your work to the 'box? 

Sure. Sounds fine by me. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Just make sure to give me a little sentence of credit, (and I believe Blizz (I think it was Blizz) made one of the skins), and I'm good.

Good luck porting.

Just thinking, wouldn't Archangel technically be 'Death'?  I thought this was Archangel.

Archangel was his codename for a while, it was more than 1 costume. However, only one of the 4 skins dark used is 'Archangel', so the name fits.

Cool, I don't know this stuff, that's why I gotta ask all you comic geeks :P

Anyways, I did a skin like the style above for the 'box.  The 'box version will have Modern, Archangel, [undecided, probably DM's defender] and then Death.

Is it just me or are there no icons (powers) for Angel?

Not you. He needs an icon set and, since I have no clue how to convert them, I'm relying on someone else to do it.

Wonder if I just make a normal .bmp file, would it be suitable for someone to convert it into an icon file? Or are there special requirements?

Yeah, I'll do it.  We just need icons for each file, then a banner.

Cool. I'll work on getting one set up sometime tonight. (Likely after I Wii for awhile. Yay Wii!)

Dark I just rented TMNT for the Wii... lotsa fun if you played any of the new Prince of Persia games.  Every time I go to rent MUA for Wii it's out so I haven't tried that one yet.  Cool!
</sidetrack>

Hey, I found a skin of the Angel at the link below in the XML2 assets.  What would he be called?  (Retro, Astonishing, etc)

http://www.marveldatabase.com/Image:Angel_%28Warren_Worthington%29_009.jpg

Incidentally, this screen is going to be a loading screen along with the standard Death (horseman) Angel screen.

That's his space suit skin (you can easily insert it ingame by skinning that skin over the one with wings, as they have the same geometry). Don't know what you would really call it, since it's just like the other characters' space suit skins.

Oh, right. :lol:  Yeah, I'll just call it 'spacesuit' if I use it.  It's a pretty sweet skin, so I just might.  We should definitely use it for the XML1>XML2 project.