Author Topic: 33 Roster Hack (v1.1)  (Read 22443 times)

Offline theinfamousnob

• Rook
  • Upvotes 0
Re: 33 Roster Hack (v1.1)
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2019, 12:03pm »
thank you i figured it out after workin on it a whole day, editing menulocation was my main problem thats why they werent showing up, bc i still use heroselect for the initial 26 characters, and than use xmlbcui for the other 6. the other problem was decompiling, i think u have to decompile engb first before it can work. also xmlbcui doesnt specify that the output file HAS to be the engb file, i dont think u even have to use the xmlb file at all. but im sure it explains all that in the link that u gave me, i already skimmed through it, wish i had it earlier lol, thanks though if i encounter any other problems ill refer to that!!

Offline Xenoses

• Sir Posts-a-lot
  • Upvotes 27
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2019, 09:02pm »
I just got 34 characters working by adding a pad 0
Maverick Hunter

Offline Outsider

• From The Darkest Realm
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes 222
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2019, 09:11pm »
I just got 34 characters working by adding a pad 0

There will likely be problems with that. In some stages, you'll end up seeing clones of the first character in your herostat, as 34 heroes is going over the new limit. Also, there is currently problems with the last five heroes on your team -- it will likely become the last six heroes now. I would research the after-effects of your change.

I also have to look into a situation: One person has reported that when he saves his game, he can't load that game without problems. Problems like this is why I believe the 33R (and GEC) came out too prematurely, and that the game's memory should have been fixed up first.

Offline Xenoses

• Sir Posts-a-lot
  • Upvotes 27
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2019, 09:18pm »
There will likely be problems with that. In some stages, you'll end up seeing clones of the first character in your herostat, as 34 heroes is going over the new limit. Also, there is currently problems with the last five heroes on your team -- it will likely become the last six heroes now. I would research the after-effects of your change.

I also have to look into a situation: One person has reported that when he saves his game, he can't load that game without problems. Problems like this is why I believe the 33R (and GEC) came out too prematurely, and that the game's memory should have been fixed up first.
interesting good to know
Maverick Hunter

Offline Tony Stark

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes 64
  • Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2019, 04:14pm »
HEROSELECT NOTE:
Bad news for those who prefer to use the Heroselect method -- The 33 Roster Hack will not work with Heroselect, as that program still uses the old menu locations and has the max at 27. Only the program's creator Norrin Radd can edit that program, and he's long been inactive. The XMLBCUI method is easy, and it gives you 33 playable characters instead of 27. Easy choice.

Well I think I've worked around this problem. I wrote a new version of HeroSelect that has support for 33 characters! Try it out here: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10597.0.html
CHECK OUT MY RELEASES!
RESOURCE BACKUP THREAD

If you need me, please email me if important. PM me or post in my thread otherwise.