Official Characters 1.3 RELEASED (24.05.2013)

Started by Dark_Mark, June 01, 2009, 08:13AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey, I'm having a bit of trouble trying to install this particular set of mods - I do the HeroSelect things but I'm met with an error each time I try - The NRCompiler pops up each time I click 'Assemble Team' and tells me 'Error: Input file could not be opened'. Anyone know why this is happening? I can start the game with the default set of characters (hawkeye etc) but am having no luck going past that.

I think it will probably have something to do with me installing the game onto the D drive of my computer but I don't see where I'm going wrong.

Quote from: vamplosion on May 29, 2012, 08:00PM
Hey, I'm having a bit of trouble trying to install this particular set of mods - I do the HeroSelect things but I'm met with an error each time I try - The NRCompiler pops up each time I click 'Assemble Team' and tells me 'Error: Input file could not be opened'. Anyone know why this is happening? I can start the game with the default set of characters (hawkeye etc) but am having no luck going past that.

I think it will probably have something to do with me installing the game onto the D drive of my computer but I don't see where I'm going wrong.
Did you change the directory of the herostat at the bottom of heroselect?

Quote from: vamplosion on May 29, 2012, 08:00PM

Perhaps if you post the contents of your herostat file here, we can take a look for you?

I got a couple of noob questions:

1) How do I obtain the 4th outfit of Nightcrawler? I tried the 250 kills and nada.
2) Is there a method to remove the flames left behind from Ghost Rider and The Human Torch? I put Magneto in The Human Torch spot and he looked funny with flames.

Thanks I checked the herostat file and the problem seemed to originate from there - it had the default file path which was obviously wrong. Silly I missed something so simple.

I have another question though - I put all the modded characters into my game and then deleted my settings file so I would unlock characters gradually - Will I have problems with my modded characters? Do they unlock in the same way? Hawkeye/Cyclops/Magneto were available to me from the start of the game but chracters like black-widow, Hulk, Nightcrawler etc are all locked - will I unlock them as I progress?

Quote from: vamplosion on May 30, 2012, 03:45PM
Thanks I checked the herostat file and the problem seemed to originate from there - it had the default file path which was obviously wrong. Silly I missed something so simple.

I have another question though - I put all the modded characters into my game and then deleted my settings file so I would unlock characters gradually - Will I have problems with my modded characters? Do they unlock in the same way? Hawkeye/Cyclops/Magneto were available to me from the start of the game but chracters like black-widow, Hulk, Nightcrawler etc are all locked - will I unlock them as I progress?

I think you should be okay. If they don't show up by the time you want them, you can always just use a cheat code.

Hello, first thanks for this great mod!

I have started playing with it and really like it!
But now I have to change my computer.
Which files do I have to transfer so I can keep playing?
Savegames obviously but what else?

Thanks in advance

Quote from: NoSuperman on May 31, 2012, 01:55PM
Hello, first thanks for this great mod!

I have started playing with it and really like it!
But now I have to change my computer.
Which files do I have to transfer so I can keep playing?
Savegames obviously but what else?

Thanks in advance

My suggestion would be to go to Program Files and backup the entire Marvel Ultimate Alliance folder. Then, once you reinstall the game on the new PC, overwrite the files in Program Files with the backup, to keep your mods.

Hello, I'm new here, and was hoping somebody might be able to help me out...

I've been trying to use the characters from the OC pack, and I've been able to get it to work to a certain extent.  However, I am encountering a problem that it seems many others have also had: When I start the game, I have the default roster plus Hawkeye, Hulk, Moonknihgt, Captain Marvel and maybe a couple others, but none of the characters that I really want to use (Venom, Colossus, Nightcrawler etc.).

I have read through the readme pdf included with the pack and followed its instructions without any luck.  Also, I've read through the comments posted on this site to see if a solution was provided by anyone else who had the same problem.  I noticed that several people had the same problem, but found no fix. 

Any help provided would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Read the roster selection part of this guide and it should solve your problems:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4886.0.html
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

@Nowhere Man

Neither option 1 nor 2 solved the problem.  Any other ideas/suggestions?

By the way, it's a nice guide it just didn't work for me.

If you don't run your computer as admin, heroselect won't work.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

June 02, 2012, 10:52PM #567 Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:59PM by Stark Industries
Hmmm... I'll give it a whirl.

Progress!  I ran Heroselect as administrator.  Which allowed the roster of characters I chose to be "available."  Meaning that their names were present in the slot assigned to them, but the characters themselves were not showing up.  Also, I tried adding one of the non-visible characters to my team which crashed the game.  I seem to remember reading something about this kind of problem, but I don't remember where...  Do you know how to fix this issue?

@Stark Industries

Have you checked the herostat.cgf in the "herostat" folder???The first line indicates the location of your "data" folder...so make sure that it is correct and then check again.....
...Farewell...