Official Characters 1.3 RELEASED (24.05.2013)

Started by Dark_Mark, June 01, 2009, 08:13AM

Previous topic - Next topic
@V4Vendetta

Herostat.cgf is in the heroselect folder, not a "hereostat" folder.  And the first line ( c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Activision\\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\\data\\ ) is definitely correct.

@Stark Industries

Sorry for the mistake....If you cannot change your roster with Heroselect why don't you try to change the herostat in the "data" folder with XMLBCUI???

P.S. I think you should erase the "(x86)" and try again
...Farewell...

@V4Vendetta

I tried XMLBCUI and couldn't get it to work properly...  Besides, I made some progress with Heroselect.  There's got to be a simple fix to get the characters to show up.

And the (x86) is definitely necessary.

@Stark Industries

If you think so..... :)
I just suggested some possible solutions...
...Farewell...

I tried changing the case of the letter C.  It didn't make a difference.

Quote from: Stark Industries on June 03, 2012, 05:51PM
I tried changing the case of the letter C.  It didn't make a difference.

Can you post the contents of your herostat.cfg file here? Maybe one of us can take a look for you and see what's going on.

The contents of my herostat.cfg would exceed the maximum allowed length of a post, so here's link to it's contents:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BhvLcLq6Noe74vNMinLBV6sdH7Rn2URXtWOX8iiCkmc/edit

The problem could be the order of your characters. At the big list at the top, try moving the characters you like above the characters that are showing up properly.

Then start up the heroselect program, once you've saved the cfg file. Under selection options, set it to default. Then just hit accept team. Then run MUA as usual.

Well that is what I've been doing...  I guess I could try changing the order again.

I just tried changing the order again, and I'm still having the problem with characters that don't show up and cause the game to crash when you add them to your team.  Is there a certain order the characters have to be in?  In herostat.cfg do the list of characters have to be ordered by menu location?  If the problem isn't in heroselect.cfg what else could it be?

No, I don't think the order actually matches it. But you said they're in the game, just not visible, so it's not the order...

Try downloading the OC Pack again and reinstalling it. You might have had a bad download or something.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, uninstalled, deleted, redownloaded and reinstalled the OC Pack, and tried both options 1 and 2 (as stated in this guide: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4886.0.html) without any luck.  I guess I'll give XMLBCUI another try and if that doesn't work I give up... how disappointing.  I really was looking forward to enjoying this great mod.

@ Stark Industries,

I know it's got to be disappointing not getting Heroselect to work.  The only problem I have (and continue to have) is that the game won't start using the Launch button.  I wish I could help you get it working on your computer.  I keep reading through the things you have tried, but haven't figured out a solution yet.

For clarification, let me ask:
1.  What is your operating system?
2.  Have you added any characters to your game besides the Official Characters pack?
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927