Official Characters 1.3 RELEASED (24.05.2013)

Started by Dark_Mark, June 01, 2009, 08:13AM

Previous topic - Next topic
That's happened to me a few times.  Check to see if the modified roster is still there after you start the game manually.  I've had heroselect make the changes, but sometimes not start the game.  When that happens, at least for me, the changes are still in place when I open the game normally.

*Even though this wouldn't affect it, before testing what I said above, make sure to delete your settings.dat file from the MUA folder under "Documents" or "My Documents."

Thank you this method worked! I don't think I can switch characters mid-game though can I?

When I try to reload my save after changing my heroes around the game just crashes unless I start a new game.

If you mean there's no way to switch characters through hero select mid-game, you're correct.  As soon as you make your team of 27 characters, that's who you're stuck with for that game.

If it's crashing when you try to change your team at a SHIELD extraction point, then something else could be wrong.

I'm having a problem with this mod. The mechanics of it work fine, but the copy of the mod I was able to download (provided by Kazansky on page 48) does not have the Heroselect folder at all. Can anyone provide a way to download either the necessary files or a copy of the mod that has Heroselect?

Anyone have a link for this that ISN'T an exe? I thought it was supposed to be a 7z but when I download it, it becomes an exe. Anyone got another link?

Quote from: Medevenx on May 09, 2016, 10:07PM
Anyone have a link for this that ISN'T an exe? I thought it was supposed to be a 7z but when I download it, it becomes an exe. Anyone got another link?

Here's a link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/07c8h2ov9130h8n/Offical+Characters.rar

I just downloaded this mod, as it seemed like something I'd been looking for for a while now (the ability to play the console DLC characters on PC). However, the mod comes with a few strange nonstandard default character options. This wouldn't be so bad, but there seems to be a bug with Heroselect that, when loading the default options, does not populate the menu positions of the characters in the GUI.

This means that when you want to swap out a single character from a set (or, if you're like me, you want the default characterset plus one or two more) you have to manually repopulate the entire menu from screencaps of the ingame unmodded menu.

Here are some images of the behavior I'm getting. This first one shows the "Default" option, and how it does not allow you to actually view what it is setting.
http://i.imgur.com/7leb0oq.png

The second image shows the "Select" option, and how it requires population of the list from scratch.
http://i.imgur.com/IWUXfJo.png

I'm sure I've simply missed an option somewhere.

Quote from: dude17943 on May 18, 2016, 12:24PM
I just downloaded this mod, as it seemed like something I'd been looking for for a while now (the ability to play the console DLC characters on PC). However, the mod comes with a few strange nonstandard default character options. This wouldn't be so bad, but there seems to be a bug with Heroselect that, when loading the default options, does not populate the menu positions of the characters in the GUI.

This means that when you want to swap out a single character from a set (or, if you're like me, you want the default characterset plus one or two more) you have to manually repopulate the entire menu from screencaps of the ingame unmodded menu.

Here are some images of the behavior I'm getting. This first one shows the "Default" option, and how it does not allow you to actually view what it is setting.
http://i.imgur.com/7leb0oq.png

The second image shows the "Select" option, and how it requires population of the list from scratch.
http://i.imgur.com/IWUXfJo.png

I'm sure I've simply missed an option somewhere.

Send me a private message when you can and i'll try to work with you. Hitting the default button will not display any of the characters being placed in (not anywhere visible within the heroselect tool, that is).

When you first install the OC1.3 mod you will have Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Hulk and Moon Knight as the default 'extra' characters. To swap them out, you will have to manually select every character you want individually using the 'select' option.

To make sure everyone is placed in a decent position, you may want to refer to this list of the default hero placement:

1 ms marvel
2 hawkeye
3 Ghost Rider
4 Daredevil
5 Thor
6 Captain America
7 Wolverine
8 Blade
9 Elektra
10 Black Panther
11 Dead Pool
12 Spider Woman
13 Silver Surfer
14 Storm
15 Invis Woman
16 Spiderman
17 Iron Man
18 Luke Cage
19 Iceman
20 Nick Fury
21 Mr Fantastic
22 Hulk
23 Thing
24 Human Torch
25 Moon Knight
26 Captain Marvel
27  (96) Dr Strange

Can someone help me out? I'm trying to use heroselect but I keep ending up with the default characters.

Odd question maybe, but can someone perhaps update the first post with a link that isn't to one of these exe. files that downloads additional programs etc. on your comp? Just a normal link with the zip file?
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

June 19, 2016, 04:30AM #730 Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:31AM by Cobalsh
I've got that same input error that people have had before. Has there been a solution for that yet?

Edit: Here's a screencap
http://i.imgur.com/6uCszt4.png

June 21, 2016, 09:58AM #731 Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 10:25AM by Owl City
Does anyone have the link for the non self extracting version of this?
I'm having a problem with Fing Fang Foom. i'm simply can't batttle him. After his speech, he simply disappears.

Quote from: Cobalsh on June 19, 2016, 04:30AM
I've got that same input error that people have had before. Has there been a solution for that yet?

Edit: Here's a screencap
http://i.imgur.com/6uCszt4.png
i think this is related with the local on your herostat, check it. this is how mine is:
C:\\Program Files\\Activision\\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\\data\\
even the "C" should be spelled correct, cometimes is a "c"

June 21, 2016, 01:27PM #733 Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 03:43PM by Cobalsh
Holy gee, didn't even catch that.

Thanks, friendo.

But should I connect it to my Data folder? This is the current location to my copy.
D:\Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Ehhh... something weird happened. All the characters disappeared from the character select screen, when I started a new game the standard four had their entire movelist available, they weren't emitting any dialogue, and they could gain momentum. Probably got the pathing wrong, here's what I put in:
D:\\Marvel Ultimate Alliance\\data\\

That leads directly to my data folder, unless I screwed something up (which I most definitely did).

Edit 2: Kinda got it to work. Captain America will always spawn with all his special abilities unlocked, and characters' models won't always show up in the character select, but they're always selectable. The only issue I have is with using Falcon, a modded character I downloaded. He just won't appear period.

Quote from: Cobalsh on June 21, 2016, 01:27PM
Holy gee, didn't even catch that.

Thanks, friendo.

But should I connect it to my Data folder? This is the current location to my copy.
D:\Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Ehhh... something weird happened. All the characters disappeared from the character select screen, when I started a new game the standard four had their entire movelist available, they weren't emitting any dialogue, and they could gain momentum. Probably got the pathing wrong, here's what I put in:
D:\\Marvel Ultimate Alliance\\data\\

That leads directly to my data folder, unless I screwed something up (which I most definitely did).

Edit 2: Kinda got it to work. Captain America will always spawn with all his special abilities unlocked, and characters' models won't always show up in the character select, but they're always selectable. The only issue I have is with using Falcon, a modded character I downloaded. He just won't appear period.

You don't want to point heroselect at your data folder.  If I remember correctly, both that and herostat.cfg need to point to mua.exe, i.e. d:\\marvel ultimate alliance\\mua.exe for herostat.cfg and d:\marvel ultimate alliance\mua.exe for heroselect itself.