Official Characters 1.3 RELEASED (24.05.2013)

Started by Dark_Mark, June 01, 2009, 08:13AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 08, 2016, 12:51AM #750 Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:53AM by Dr. Bruce Banner
I meant , you have to add two individual character mod to the game, wich aren't included in the OCP.
After you do this , you will be able to use the select option to choose the heroes you want.
Another thing, you mentioned you have Windows10. So You have to run all the programs ( total commander , notepad , heroselect etc... ) and also the game , as an administrator. Or the changes you do, would not appear.
" The day you stop racing,
is the day you win the race "

Hello everyone!
I have question about the mod. When it is supposed to be installed?
Should I install it after I just started the game(due to the fact that I'll have to restart the game to use new characters)?
Or it's suggested to install it after you finish the game, so you have all the Vanilla characters unlocked?
Or it doesn't matter, and I can install it whenever I want?
I'm sorry for the stupid question, but I'm quite new in modding.
Thanks in advance! :stark:

Quote from: IronManRocks on July 13, 2016, 03:12PM
Hello everyone!
I have question about the mod. When it is supposed to be installed?
Should I install it after I just started the game(due to the fact that I'll have to restart the game to use new characters)?
Or it's suggested to install it after you finish the game, so you have all the Vanilla characters unlocked?
Or it doesn't matter, and I can install it whenever I want?
I'm sorry for the stupid question, but I'm quite new in modding.
Thanks in advance! :stark:

No matter what, you'll have to start a new game to have access to the new characters anyway, so it doesn't really matter much.  You'll also need to delete the .dat file (someone else could probably remember the exact name) in My Documents/Activision/MUA, whenever you change the roster and before starting a new game.  Otherwise, you'll still have the same characters who were already available. 

Finally, I recommend using the code to unlock all characters at the first SHIELD Extraction point just so you can enjoy the new ones a little earlier.  I think it's up, up, down, down, left, left, left, Enter.  To be honest, I also do it because I don't really know when they'd otherwise become available.

First of all, I'm sorry if I answer so late; by the way thank you cyberhawk777, I think I'll finish MUA first time in Normal-mode to unlock everything without cheating, and once it will be done, I'll install the mod.
However it won't be soon, I decided to play X-Men Legends 1 and 2 first ;)
Oh, and just another question: concerning X-Men Legends 1, it was not for PC, so we have to use emulators (even if I saw that some guys are creating it in this forum), in fact I use PCSX2, and in works flawless. But what about XML 2? Do you suggest me any particular version?

Quote from: IronManRocks on July 19, 2016, 01:54PM
First of all, I'm sorry if I answer so late; by the way thank you cyberhawk777, I think I'll finish MUA first time in Normal-mode to unlock everything without cheating, and once it will be done, I'll install the mod.
However it won't be soon, I decided to play X-Men Legends 1 and 2 first ;)
Oh, and just another question: concerning X-Men Legends 1, it was not for PC, so we have to use emulators (even if I saw that some guys are creating it in this forum), in fact I use PCSX2, and in works flawless. But what about XML 2? Do you suggest me any particular version?

I can't really comment on X-Men Legends emulation, as I haven't tried to emulate PS2/XBox games on PC.  Also, I should probably mention that, due to some issues they can't overcome, the X-Men Legends PC project on this site has ended.  It's still partially playable, though.

Hi,

even though I'm using this mod for a very long time, it never occurred to me until after yesterday's MUA 1 & 2 re-release, that we need proper MUA 1 PC Original Port..

So can anyone advise how to include only the following from the Official Characters 1.3 mod..

:colossus: Colossus
:moonk: Moon knight*
comic book missions that present on PS3/XBOX360/WII for the above/non-DLC/PSP characters if any***
New character loadscreens that present on PS3/XBOX360/WII for the above/non-DLC/PSP characters if any

I don't want
Xbox 360 Gold Edition Characters  :cyclops: :nightcrawler: :hawkeye: :hulk_icon: :magneto: :venom: :stooth: :doom:
PSP exclusives  :blackwidow:  :genis: :ronin:
exclusive fourth skin for Moon Knight*
PSP exclusive Comic Book missions for Hawkeye and Captain Marvel
PC Exclusive models and skins for  :silvers: Silver Surfer (Norrin Radd, The Keeper and Silver Savage)**
PC exclusive Comic Book missions for Hulk, Silver Surfer and Moon Knight***
Unique character conversations from the XBox 360****
An alternative storyline for Mephisto's Realm
Heroselect

* from many sites & youtube videos it seems moon knight only has 3 alternate costumes(Classic, Ultimate, Khonshu) on PS3/XBOX360/WII
** for silver surfer, all his costumes(Power Surge, Silver Age, Vitality, Heavy Damage) on PS3/XBOX360/WII look the same but with different traits
*** if this Silver Surfer and Moon Knight comic book missions were present on PS3/XBOX360/WII, i like to keep it^
**** unless it involves non-DLC/PSP characters unlike eg. captain marvel, hawkeye, hulk, magneto (screenshots on OP)

^only if they don't replace any other comic book missions. but i guess these are custom made by BliZZ..
Also from wiki I saw that PS3/XBOX360/WII had five additional comic book missions exclusively. i can't find neither any info about these missions nor whether it's present on PC. are these the missions mentioned in the Official Characters mod...?

If any user shed some light on these info, it'll help to recreate the proper MUA 1 PC Original Port to compare directly with the MUA 1 re-release...

The two games are identical. The original PC release didn't even have Colossus or Moon Knight.

Quote from: cyberhawk777 on July 21, 2016, 06:03AM
I can't really comment on X-Men Legends emulation, as I haven't tried to emulate PS2/XBox games on PC.  Also, I should probably mention that, due to some issues they can't overcome, the X-Men Legends PC project on this site has ended.  It's still partially playable, though.

Thank you cyberhawk, I'll keep using the emulator then.
As I said, they work flawless with these games with not a huge graphics or soundtrack, different e.g. from God of War, that has some troubles...
So, good play to all of you!

July 27, 2016, 11:43PM #758 Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 11:46PM by kumaraguru
Quote from: Teancum on July 27, 2016, 03:24PM
The two games are identical. The original PC release didn't even have Colossus or Moon Knight.

Yes, i know. that's why I'm asking how to include only those two characters in the original PC release.. The re-release have these characters though... but not sure about the 5 exclusive comic book missions. i'm still at the Atlantis level on the re-release..

Why would you want to have a mod that has less than what you can have? You must work for the developers that re-released the games or something. :P

Quote from: Teancum on July 28, 2016, 07:50AM
Why would you want to have a mod that has less than what you can have? You must work for the developers that re-released the games or something. :P

I don't like getting more stuff.  That's awful.  I want a mod that removes all but 1 character from the game.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Does anybody have a working link to the Official Characters 1.3? I wanna mess around with mods on my disc copy while I'm waiting for the remastered versions to get figured out mod-wise, and I deleted my MUA mods folder a while back. The link in its thread definitely does not mod it, and I've tried going back through the threads to find another link and haven't had any success.

Hi

I've just tried installing the modpack and I think I did it all right, following all the steps as they're shown in the first post.

To recap this is what I did:

Windows 10 64-bit, all executables launched as administrator. Main game working perfectly fine.

1) Install the game (not in Program Files in order to avoid problems)
2) Download the package from the first post.
3) Having an Italian version of the game I've followed the extra backup and restore steps to install the mod.
4) Open the heroselect folder inside the game main folder
5) Edit the cfg file in order to have it look in the maingamepath\data folder.
6) Used Heroselect.exe to edit the roster

7) Start new game -> It starts a broken game
7b) Start a new game again -> Now it's fine, it even gives a "You've unlocked thisguy"!
NOTE: This happens every time I switch characters in the roster: a new game must be started twice in order to have it working all right.

Well, here comes the problems:
The roster is all there, all the new characters I chose at their place as they should BUT!
a) Lots of "defualt" characters have more costumes already unlocked. Not the end of the world, but still.

b) None of the new characters has any power. I've tried Venom, Cap Marvel, Cyclops, Moon Knight and someone else but none of them had powers nor any other particular ability (like flying and such), making them quite useless. Alt Costumes were all there and working.
Sound effects and voices seemed all right.

Is it supposed to be like this? Am I doing something wrong?

Not sure why you didn't just install in program files? I've never had any issues with that, might be worth to just install it there
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Installing in the Program Files folder is the only way I could ever get it to work, actually.
XML1: :wolverine: :storm: :colossus: :rogue:
XML2: :wolverine: :rogue: :juggernaut: :scarletw:
MUA:  :capamer: :scarletw: :punisher_logo: :daredevil: