Official Characters 1.3 RELEASED (24.05.2013)

Started by Dark_Mark, June 01, 2009, 08:13AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: sesaru1984 on June 07, 2009, 12:22PM
yo tengo una duda.
Si estan los modelos oficiales de Wii para el captain marvel, black widow, hawkeye, etc... por que no hay para hulk este tipo de skins.

por que no tenemos los modelos oficiales de Hulk, Dark_Mark pudo accer los otros porque teniamos los modelos oficiales.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Hulk only exist in Xbox 360 gold edition, not in the wii version that's the reason why it was not included.

hey guys. after installing the stuff from this pack, my game was f*cked up. when i get to murderworld, Sen.Kelly won't talk to me, and when i enter the tent, everything freezes, except for the character i'm controlling, who can only attack. i can get to kill Jean, the animation of her being sucked into the videogame takes place, but then she's still there standing and alive, perpetrating the neverending circle of stillness.   .....help?

could it be the scripts, or the conversations maybe?

Is this a brand new install?  If you're installing over the last version you'll probably have problems.  What custom/OC mod characters do you have installed?

Quote from: Lord Magneto on June 08, 2009, 12:54PM
hey guys. after installing the stuff from this pack, my game was f*cked up. when i get to murderworld, Sen.Kelly won't talk to me, and when i enter the tent, everything freezes, except for the character i'm controlling, who can only attack. i can get to kill Jean, the animation of her being sucked into the videogame takes place, but then she's still there standing and alive, perpetrating the neverending circle of stillness.   .....help?

this was a problem with the old pack. the new one is working fine in murderworld. just install the latest version.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

So, provided I back up my herostat and all, I should be able to just install this despite having other character mods and the beta v4, right?

Maybe -- some characters had bigger changes than others.  We recommend a clean install of MUA, but you're welcome to try it out.

June 09, 2009, 05:49AM #52 Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 05:55AM by fox456
I had to laugh at myself this morning when I found that the new Official Characters mod had been posted EIGHT days ago!  I've been really busy lately and only been checking "new replies to my posts."  Since this was a new post rather than an updated one, I missed it.  But, I'm going to download it now!  ;)

I do have a question about this:

Quote from: Teancum on June 09, 2009, 03:02AM
We recommend a clean install of MUA, but you're welcome to try it out.

So you're saying that the entire game followed by the Official Character mod, X-Men Legends 2 mod, and any individual mods should be reinstalled?

Thanks to ALL the fantastic modders who contributed to this new release of the Official Characters mod!!!
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Close -- we recommend:

• Uninstall MUA
  • Go to the folder were MUA was installed, delete or move any files left (I recommend deleting)
  • Install MUA
  • Install the Official Characters mod
  • Install any other character mods you want

June 09, 2009, 12:21PM #54 Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 12:59PM by Lord Magneto
this was a problem with the old pack. the new one is working fine in murderworld. just install the latest version.
i have installed that but it still didn't work...
Quote from: Teancum on June 09, 2009, 05:57AM
Close -- we recommend:

• Uninstall MUA
  • Go to the folder were MUA was installed, delete or move any files left (I recommend deleting)
  • Install MUA
  • Install the Official Characters mod
  • Install any other character mods you want

aaaaaaaaand i just did that. i'll reach murderworld and see if the problem persists

June 09, 2009, 01:18PM #55 Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 01:26PM by fox456
I'm getting everything reloaded here, but I was looking over some of the files while doing so and had three questions (maybe they are minor, but I thought it could be important).  First, there is a file in the "actors" folder named 22001.igb.  Is this necessary?

Also, I noticed what appeared to be files for Deadpool in the "actors" folder.  Was he changed at all?  Lastly, I didn't see mannequins for Moon Knight or Colossus.... 

Please know that I am not criticizing.  I am still learning alot here about modding and was just basing my comments on file names/numbers.

Thanks again for the mod.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

In case anyone care, I went ahead and installed this version in my game on top of the beta v4 and all the character mods with no issues so far.  If any come up, I'll let y'all know.

i found the problem.

first i reinstalled mua completely, then i reached murderworld with no mods installed and it worked fine.
then, i installed the pack folder by folder, and it stopped working when i installed the conversations folder.

but i remember you that my game is in italian and reads .itab files instead of .engb.

now, generally, nothing changes between the two but the extension. this time tough, there might be some reference to .engb files inside the conversation files. can anyone shed some light on this? maybe the manifacturer of the special conversations?

thanks in advance.

and no, i apparently can't install the game in english so that it reads .engb files.
i'll have to edit the convos. and another thing: magneto's and sabretooth's announcers don't work for me. strange.

Quote from: Lord Magneto on June 10, 2009, 02:38PM
remember you that my game is in italian and reads .itab files instead of .engb.

now, generally, nothing changes between the two but the extension. this time tough, there might be some reference to .engb files inside the conversation files. can anyone shed some light on this? maybe the manifacturer of the special conversations?

I think the problem may be of another nature. Every level in MUA has a certain amount of memory allocated for storage of different data: models, sounds, scripts etc. The exact amount of memory per level is hardcoded and often is only a few kilobytes more than the summarized size of the level's assets.
Basically, what we are doing with new conversations is fitting additional scripts and packages in the available memory space. This can be a hideous task, as we don't know how much data we can fit in a given level (though most often this is less than two kilobyes!). Thus, the conversations and scripts provided in the pack are a result of weeks of trial, error and careful testing. I can assure you that they work well in the English version of the game (as it is the only one I can test). However, because we are already operating in a very tight space, should a localized version of MUA have bigger engb's (due to text translation, character encoding, etc.), it would certainly lead to various memory issues.

As it stands, the pack is developed and supported for the English version of the game. Users of localized versions should use it at their own risk.

Quote from: Lord Magneto on June 10, 2009, 02:38PM
magneto's and sabretooth's announcers don't work for me. strange.

Update your herostat with the one in the pack.
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

sorry to be annoying, but still nothing for them.