Official Characters 1.3 RELEASED (24.05.2013)

Started by Dark_Mark, June 01, 2009, 08:13AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am having a problem and am wondering if any can help me figure out what I have done wrong.  After I installed the new pack and ran heroselect, it would lock up after I clicked on "accept team."  I would shut the program down, start the game and I had all the regular characters plus Colossus, Moon Knight, Hawkeye and the Hulk.  Then I checked to see if there were problems with my herostat.cfg.  There were and I fixed them.  Then I used heroselect to choose the 27 I wanted, it ran fine and I launched the game from heroselect and it opened again with the original cast plus Colossus, Moon Knight, Hawkeye and the Hulk.

I am going to re-install the pack to make sure it is installed correctly, but are there any thoughts about why I am not able to change characters any longer?

Check the first line in herostat.cfg and see if it's the same as your main MUA directory. If you're using Vista, there might be problems with the decompiler.

This is the first line in my herostat.cfg:
c:\\Program Files\\Activision\\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\\data\\
and that is where I have the file saved in the MUA directory.

I do run Vista, but have never had a problem with the decompiler before.  Any other thoughts?

congrats on a great job, guys.  The mod has run perfectly for me and it's a lot of fun.  The Hawkeye and Black Widow mesh/skin conversions are pure love. 

I do have a question about the Black Widow models though.  Are the guns and holsters a part of her model/mesh that can be hidden (like Elektra's sais and stars?) or are they always present regardless of alpha channels or herostat entries?

All of BW's weapons can be hidden (you can find their respective names in her powerstyle). As for her holsters, they are separate meshes with unique names but I am pretty sure I didn't give them Alchemy Object properties before exporting, which means that they cannot be removed via herostat.
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Release 1.2 is up!

Changes:
- Added PSP exclusive Comic Book missions for Hawkeye and Captain Marvel (replacing Paibok and Super Skrull missions)
- Added PC exclusive Comic Book missions for Hulk, Moon Knight and Silver Surfer made by BliZZ (replacing Thunderball and Scorpion missions)
- Added unique item dropouts for Captain Marvel
- Added more menu sounds for non-official characters
- Updated Dr Strange's Mannequin

Most of the credit for this release goes to BliZZ who made the Comic Book missions, Mannequin and item dropouts.
The PSP missions contain new exclusive bosses: Swordsman and the Super Skrull!

Some screens of the mod features:
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Thanks Dark_Mark and BliZZ.  I'm looking forward to trying it.  It's very good to release just as MUA2 is coming out (for us that don't have other platforms and can't play MUA2.  It will give us something new to play).  Thanks again.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on September 13, 2009, 02:04PM
It's very good to release just as MUA2 is coming out (for us that don't have other platforms and can't play MUA2.  It will give us something new to play).

That was exactly my intention :D
Luckily BliZZ returned at the right moment :)

Very cool, Dark_Mark.  I didn't know you guys had finished up so much behind the scenes.  Nice to finally see it all so close to coming together. :thumbsup2:  Short of somehow cracking the character limit I'd say we're 99% done!

Even though I don't contribute much anymore, I still have a "man it would be cool" wishlist:
*All 360 sounds (which I can do, I just haven't had time)
*Stage risers for the second row guys on the character select menu (like the 360)
*Character limit cracked (yeah right, but maybe someday)
*PSP version of Modern Black Widow (which has some differences from the NPC version)

Again, it's just my wishlist :D  Great job on the new updates guys!

Havent been around much, bu terrific jjob once again!!! Especially Blizz!!!
CosmoChakra's mods !

Skins of HULK,PUNISHER,LUKE CAGE so far!!!

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3114.0

Can this be installed right on top of 1.1? I hate to have to go through a full uninstall/reinstall cycle again...

J