Official Characters 1.3 RELEASED (24.05.2013)

Started by Dark_Mark, June 01, 2009, 08:13AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Mr. Law^^ on April 29, 2010, 08:11AM
Not starting a new game after using heroselect to change your roster may cause such weirdness in-game.

By New Game you mean with Default Statistics and not Load Saved Game Statistics? The random skill point distribution appears in the latter.

Default statistics, because it resets everything. If you swapped characters then a savegame will be useless for the new ones, and savegames contain data of the characters you swapped out: the game doesn't load those characters.

help me...how can i play the other official characters aside from hulk, hawkeye, captain marvel & moon knight...
can anyone give me a step by step procedure..i'm still a noob at this...the heroselect program does'nt seem to work or i just really don't know how to use it...

thanks i badly needed ur help!=)

@r3nzy, You can play the others but you need to change herostat.engb (or herostat.cfg in the folder "heroselect").

r3nzy maybe the old fashion way of editing stuff will help you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WyMIbhKBOc
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I swear I'm so lost in all of thisl Maybe it's too late or something.

But I downloaded the file. I downloaded the 7zip thing to extract it with. And when I click extract, nothing happens.....What the devil am I doing wrong?

Please forgive me for asking dumb questions, but that's how I feel right now.

Quote from: marvelrookie on May 05, 2010, 10:59PM
I swear I'm so lost in all of thisl Maybe it's too late or something.

But I downloaded the file. I downloaded the 7zip thing to extract it with. And when I click extract, nothing happens.....What the devil am I doing wrong?

Please forgive me for asking dumb questions, but that's how I feel right now.
I don't know if it is the same issue, but for me, when I try to extract using winrar and 7zip I keep getting an error. It says "Can not open output file" for three different files every time I try to extract with 7zip. Anyone know what's up?

Quote from: Deadpoolfan on May 06, 2010, 04:36AM
I don't know if it is the same issue, but for me, when I try to extract using winrar and 7zip I keep getting an error. It says "Can not open output file" for three different files every time I try to extract with 7zip. Anyone know what's up?

I think I had this same issue before, and the problem was that I had the zip files in the game's directory in the program files(x86), tried to extract from there and it was probably a Vista and Win7 security issue.

Instead just extract the zips somewhere else, like your documents and then just drag and drop the folders into the game's directory from there. Or just install the game in a location other than program files.

Yeah, Deadpool fan I was having the same issue as well. But I'll try what Slide said and see what happens.

Quote from: Slide on May 06, 2010, 11:37AM
I think I had this same issue before, and the problem was that I had the zip files in the game's directory in the program files(x86), tried to extract from there and it was probably a Vista and Win7 security issue.

Instead just extract the zips somewhere else, like your documents and then just drag and drop the folders into the game's directory from there. Or just install the game in a location other than program files.
Yeah, that worked for me. Thanks for the help!

Need some help trying to figure this thing, I'm very much a computer noob and am new to computer games. With the last one I played being Sim City. Oh yeah.

Ok so I downloaded the official chars mod, and followed the instructions, and it only seems to unlock Hawkeye and Hulk?

Magneto, Sabertooth, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Black Widow, Cpt. Marvel, Dr. Doom, etc etc are no where to be found? I tried doing the heroselect thing and picked out the chars that I wanted, but nothing seems to save as when I lick accept an error message pops up.

I tried the marvelmods youtube video, but was incredibly confused by it, and I did download one of the programs they suggested me to use to compile or whatever the files, but apparently the program doesn't work with my newer version of windows. So I'm not sure how to manually install anything :(

What am I doing wrong?

Oh I forgot, this also unlocked Colossus and Moon Knight.

And the error message at the heroselect says something about a NRcompiler. I guess I need that, but I have no idea where or how to download it?

I think my problem might have something to do with the heroselect?

I recommend to do the vid step by step. It took me a while to get it to, but one you copy the video (meaning you do what the inscrutions say and pause it with each step) it worked. BTW: You must mean XMLBCUI Right? Its the program used in the video

May 09, 2010, 04:41PM #313 Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 04:43PM by Mr. Law^^
^ Yeah that's the step that won't work for me. I downloaded the program and it won't run on my computer. I was hoping for a work around or an updated version or something. I'm using Windows Vista professional, and I can't get it to run.

I'm pretty sure my issue is with heroselect though. As when I accept my team, that error message pops up and doesn't allow me to save my changes, or even launch the game off of heroselect.

Which is odd because it does give me 4 out of the 11 characters in the pack. So I'm doing something right, but at the same time I'm also doing something wrong.

^ Pay no attention to Domino. I've just always wanted to be able to do that.

you forgot the IMG codes^^ See now you were able to do it! :P

Vista and all other later crap need administrator permissions to use programs for modding the game. So when installing/using xmlbcui, make sure you run it as administrator.