Marvelfan12345's Releases: Gambit Booster Released

Started by MarvelFan12345, October 03, 2009, 05:49PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've installed and reinstalled the MUAII mod several times but no matter what I do Jean's Dark Phoenix skin never has any powers and her HUD for that skin won't show up either :( just this danged blank square. Does anyone else have problems with this or am I doing something wrong?

Also, love how her TK power has been turned into a non-energy draining ability. Like she's so powerful and natural a telekinetic that she can do it by reflex ^_^ nice touch

Phoenix Fury could be a thought. For me she has two radials and one has a chance to freeze enemies so it isn't worth adding another radial stun.
And I don't know any power that grip can be modeled after.

Also Grig check your herostat and make sure the DP skin is not 12301. And thanks for the comment

Her DP skin is marked as 12306 - as is the package and hud that points to it

That's weird. It should be working and no one else has had this problem. Try downloading the Dark Phoenix skin from the alternate skin downloads. Try if that works. If it does then install this Jean conversion over it.

Time's like these that I really hate computers...

Well I reinstalled it for a THIRD time and low 'n behold it was working - don't ask me how or why. Such things are left to computers I guess :P

*goes and kicks his games folder*

I thought if you are going to make her next-gen conversion then it would be another separate character. That's why I was asking about the freeze area.

Yeah, seems like no power could be modified for tk grip. How about magneto's pull in move? Could it be modified so only one enemy gets pulled in and then knocked back.

Her tk blast can definitely be made right? It's almost like Sue's concussion blast only with fire effects.

Any idea on how to make her melee telekinetic? Increase her melee range so it looks like she attacks using tk.

Maybe tk grip could be made like that. Her tk blast will probably be in. I like the idea of that. Melee tk could perhaps be made by adding knockback to melee.

Knockback to melee? I thought it looked like she doesn't even touch the enemies because she's not actually punching. Hence trying to increase her punch range. But I think knockback for melee could work but wouldn't the enemy get knocked back after one punch? That's not so practical ^^;;;

Looks like I'll have to try the whole modding thing again, maybe I could help with something. But I've only made the freeze area (+blowup effect for objects) for Iceman and astral projection (projection has no powers) for Jean. And then I tried doing mental guardian but you know that it didn't work for me but you made it now :D

I've really forget about the melee thing so in the 360 I never pay attention to her melee attacks.

Uhm, I haven't actually seen her 360 version full in action. Just from reading comments on the forum etc. If you have an xbox, you should know best how her moveset is. :D

Found two glitches with her.

Mental Burst on Medium Mode causes to much damage. Put a huge dent in Bullseye's health.
Grab-Smash does not work. Suspect I did not include a fightstyle file

Yeah I tested that - when I go to grabsmash someone there's this mist of blue energy and she gets punched >_<

I just realized that I have problems with her White and Dark Phoenix Costume. They have no skills at all.

If I remember correctly in MUA2 her mental burst really is strong but has a high cost too...

Her tk wave is awesome, it's the power I keep switching in and out with mind fry.

Is it just me or why can't she lift heavy objects with her tk. I tried grabbing and object (a bed I think) and she said it's too heavy so I tried tk but nothing happened.

Haven't tried her grab throw since I spam her tk a lot :D

If I want to increase the length of her tk knockback range, which part in her talent / powerstyle file do I change?

Thanks for this conversion, I love her :D

November 14, 2009, 08:13AM #74 Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 08:18AM by MarvelFan12345
That's weird. By skills do you mean powers or passives? Also if you added more costumes for her and the White Phoenix and Dark Phoenix costumes are the 5th and 6th they will not have passives.

Really I didn't know that. I'll still reduce damage as at medium the projectile causes instant ko to the robots on the Hellicarrier.

I'm glad you like it. I didn't know so many people would like that power.

I think her tk won't do it. I know that when using her tk on objects the objects are just damaged.

Since you spam the tk a lot I'm sure you are happy that it doesn't cost energy.

I believe go to powerstyle. If it has a radial punch thing defined in it I believe it has some lengths. Just increase the numbers then.

And thanks for the awesome comment once more!