tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread:

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 16, 2006, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on December 16, 2006, 04:53PM
Rather than spam the board up with lots of threads everytime I release a mesh/skin,
I thought it might be more sensible to just have the one.

so here is Cyclops_jimlee_tom,

can be found here:
http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=d9226f84178c8068c89a61d5ef804c05
Any updates on this? I'm very interested as you're probably one of the few (only?) modellers on here.

tommyboy isn't the only modeler around here. Dark_Mark does some.

Is modeler any different a term from the word modder? Or are they just the same indifference?

Modelers know how to build 3D models.  That's really the only difference.  All of the modelers we have here also do the rest of the modding too.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on January 19, 2007, 01:24PM
1. It was requested.
2. It was a costume he wore (once? more than once?) and it's quite well known, and has appeared in other videogames as well as the comics.

Spidey wore that outfit in the REAL story behind Venom... Spidey was sleep swinging and woke up so he went to Mr Fantastic n he told ol' webhead that his black suit was alive n a symiotic organism eating his bone marrow... Well ol' Spidey freaked so they blasted the suit off with a sonic ray n trapped it...It escaped later and found Eddie brock n well... But back at FF Tower a naked spidey stood hiding his face so ol' Torch gave em an old FF suit N a paper bag wit the eyes cut out... N he stopped a robbery on his way home n a news crew stopped him and hassled em... Hence the amazing bag man was born...

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on November 01, 2007, 11:11AM
preview of powerset and nifty new "redwing" mesh/fx

I still have two meshes to make for him, but the powersets, icons, huds, fx, talents and packages are done (mostly) 

tommy, I really like your Falcon mod!  I downloaded it from your website.  Maybe that version is an older one because Falcon flies in an upright position (as if he's standing up) instead of how the picture above shows.  Also, the huds aren't showing up for me.  Is there a later version?

A second question involves when I start a new game after installing the Falcon mod.  Now I get something that announces "AVENGERS" with a team bonus posted.  Does that mean that any team that I form will be considered an "Avengers" team and get a bonus?

My last question is about your Avengers mod.  The Avengers are my favorite group.  Is there any way for me to identify the Wasp and Giant Man files, renumber them, and whatever else is necessary so that they don't overwrite Storm and Luke Cage?  Or do you possibly have separate, individual mods already?

Thanks for all the time and work you've put into making this site a great one.  I've been here a short time and found that you are an active member.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Well I'm defintally no Tommyboy, but I believe that there is a seperate mod for Giant-Man on pg 6. I once asked about Wasp, and there is no seperate mod for her. However I myself don't know how you can stop Wasp and Giant-Man from replacing Storm and Luke Cage. Plus, the Giant-Man seperate mod is down, so if anyone could reupload the link, because I'm thinking of adding him to my roster.

Thanks for the page 6 reference, marvelfan.  But you're right, the link isn't working.  I'll put a request for it in the "links needing rescue" forum.  However, it evidently isn't finished, since it's missing icons, huds, and sounds.  Maybe we can compare the files in the Avengers Mod to the files in the Giant-Man mod to try to fix it ourselves....  I'm new here and I'm guessing that to improve that mod will require more than file comparison, but I'm going to give it a try (unless someone here can steer us in the right direction).

Tommy! Did you ever release the Ironmen? The grey armor looks really cool.
I'm back, in the pages of Doomwars. Doctor Doom knows talent when he sees it.

*blows dust off thread, clears away some cobwebs*
Ahem...soooo long time.
For the first time in well, all year, I fired up Max and made this:
Nighthawk, from the Defenders.

It's just a model (and skin), not a whole Mod.
I just pop it in as an extra skin on my Falcon Mod till I (or someone else, I'm pretty lazy) make a Nighthawk Mod proper.
It can be found here:
http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/Mua%20meshes%202.html
I hope you like it.
That's all.

Woah. That's one nice looking skin :D /downloads

I really hope you are releasing more soon, I pretty much missed your NEW releases in the last few years.

PS: I also noticed, and though I'm a total nub @ max, that the physique looks even better than before.

Also, are you also willing to convert some MUA2 models?

Ta. Yeah, the whole thing is new. Geometry, physique, skin.
I won't promise too much, I've been completely inactive for a long time due to various dull and unpleasant real life circumstances.
I may convert a few more of my own newer meshes and skins, but am not sure about doing the mua2 conversions.
Lets see if I actually do anything else at all, first.

Sure, either way, the model and skin looks awesome. You made me research this char now >.> <.< Hope life is going easier nowadays!

Oh wow, good to see a new release in this thread :D Looks good.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

tommyboy!  So good to hear from you again!  I've really appreciated your many earlier contributions.  (Falcon is my favorite!).  Based on your skins and mods, we seem to have some similarities in the characters we like.  Nighthawk is no exception.  I'm a fan of the Defenders, too.

Thanks for Nighthawk.  I don't think I'll replace Falcon with him though.  :)  I'll have to use someone else.

Will you be working with Hellcat or Son of Satan at all?