tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread:

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 16, 2006, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thanks for the help! I check and it turned out it was that I had an extra unused entry in my herostat that caused the game to not even load. Thanks for the mod ^-^ it's pretty fun!

Quote from: DeeDooo on September 22, 2012, 08:30AM
Thanks for the help! I check and it turned out it was that I had an extra unused entry in my herostat that caused the game to not even load. Thanks for the mod ^-^ it's pretty fun!
Glad you got it working, and that you like it.
My Herc's a pretty unimaginative rip-off of Colossus and Hulk. But then with brick/bruisers, there aren't a lot of fancy visual powers you can give them.

One thing I was trying to do to make him unique back when I was working on mine was give him a boost that let him use the golden mace with all melee attacks for increased damage (and maybe not allow regular powers for the boost) similar to Moon Night's staff combat except with the right handed weapon anims. Couldn't get it to work out though >,<

Quote from: DeeDooo on September 22, 2012, 08:39AM
One thing I was trying to do to make him unique back when I was working on mine was give him a boost that let him use the golden mace with all melee attacks for increased damage (and maybe not allow regular powers for the boost) similar to Moon Night's staff combat except with the right handed weapon anims. Couldn't get it to work out though >,<

I toyed with the idea of the mace as a skin segment  (like Thor's hammer), but was just too freaking lazy to do the coding and meshing, even though its' not that much or that difficult. Certainly altering the models to change it to a skin segment would not be a big deal.
Likewise, I could make a bolt-on mace only, probably...
He would likely benefit from somebody spending more than the ten minutes or so I spent on his powerset. Mine is playable, but not great. He could be done better, I think.

A quick taste of what I'm working on.

He's almost ready to go. I have 3 new models/skins for him, JLA  (pictured), JSA, and modern, and I just need to do either an "animated" or "new 52" version (my temptation to do Ma Hunkle notwithstanding).
I'm still fiddling with the FX, and the models, so it may be a few days yet, but I'm finding him a lot of fun to play as, with his JLA friends.

-sniffle- Red Tornado? He's one of my favourites.

I remember your work in FF tommyboy, so if this is anything as good as that, we're in for a treat.

Quote from: pr1983 on September 24, 2012, 03:35PM
-sniffle- Red Tornado? He's one of my favourites.

I remember your work in FF tommyboy, so if this is anything as good as that, we're in for a treat.

Agreed! Your Freedom Force stuff was amazing, I know this will be just as amazing too :D

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Red Tornado is looking excellent!  Plus, I really like the names of the powers.  I saw you used "hurricane" and thought you might want to incorporate "typhoon" if you want another severe storm name.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Here's the Red Tornado models and skins:

Left to right are JLA, JSA, Modern and Young Justice

Modern is my favourite, so I'll definitely be using that.

Like that you included the young justice era one, though.

Ta. And here's the models and skins from my forthcoming Flash mod:

L to R: Barry, Wally, Jay and Max

Very nice. I like that you went for a Mark Waid/Geoff Johns era Wally, as opposed to his post-Barry return suit.

Good work on Jay's hat; can't have been easy.