tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread:

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 16, 2006, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic

is giant man supposed to appear at around a ten-ish foot height on your mod? or do i need to resize him in herostat?

p.s. for giggles increase his size in murderworld and take a bumper car it grows to his size. HaHa

Hank Pym and Bill Foster never looked so good (OK Clint as well). Glad to see I'm not the only Giantman fan out there. You are doing him justice Tommy. All those years he took a back seat to Cap, Ironman, and Thor. Plus the raw deal he got because of Egghead. You're giving him his day in the sun. You're to awesome. The real Avengers rock. Keep up the great work Tom. You need a screen shot of him with the Black Widow now. Make sure the wasp is looking.
I'm back, in the pages of Doomwars. Doctor Doom knows talent when he sees it.

Quote from: mr.happypants on January 19, 2007, 08:21PM
is giant man supposed to appear at around a ten-ish foot height on your mod? or do i need to resize him in herostat?

p.s. for giggles increase his size in murderworld and take a bumper car it grows to his size. HaHa

Yes, he is supposed to have a default size of 10ft or so..
Several reasons for this:
1. Both Hank Pym and Bill Foster got "stuck" at around that size at various times.
2. Using Cages powerset means hes stronger than a normal human, so he needed to be bigger than a normal human to explain that, at least, for me he did.
3. He gets big. Thats his "thing". So I had him use it all the time. Otherwise you might as well have Thor and Iron Man start off as Dr.Blake and Tony Stark and then have to change to use their powers.

Must try the bumper car trick though...

QuoteOtherwise you might as well have Thor and Iron Man start off as Dr.Blake and Tony Stark and then have to change to use their powers.
*draws in a deep breath*
Wouldn'titbefunohwouldn'titbefunohwouldn'titbefunohwouldn'titbefunohwouldn'titbefunohwouldn'titbefun???
*gasps for breath*
Phew. Sorry about that, had to get it out of my system.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

in not sure what noelmahc just said but maybe a group of true identities would be kinda cool... ive already got tony stark as one of iron mans skins.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on January 20, 2007, 04:57AM
Quote from: mr.happypants on January 19, 2007, 08:21PM

1. Both Hank Pym and Bill Foster got "stuck" at around that size at various times.
2. Using Cages powerset means hes stronger than a normal human, so he needed to be bigger than a normal human to explain that, at least, for me he did.
3. He gets big. Thats his "thing". So I had him use it all the time. Otherwise you might as well have Thor and Iron Man start off as Dr.Blake and Tony Stark and then have to change to use their powers.

Must try the bumper car trick though...

Why not a yellowjacket skin since he has regained his growing abilities in civil war?

I think the "civlian identities" might be a nice ide, as and when we get the six skin limit cracked. It would go with the "street clothes" skins some characters already have.

And yes, Yellowjacket will be made at some point, possibly when I get around to the "shrink powers" mod (as will the Wasp).

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on January 16, 2007, 12:10PM
Spidey_bag-man_tom:

Can be downloaded here:
http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=d4fd2af22847a335cebcfb0bb2f1d8db

(And yes, I know he was barefoot originally (though I forget why), but this model has no toes so I put boots on him).

Thanks much.

after putting on your herostat hawkeye on my game was erased from his spot even though you say his herostat is on there any idea why that might be?

He's in there.
The model is 20201.igb not the earlier wolverine replacement.
Keep going left or right on the menu, he is definitely in there.
Though his mannequin may not show up (I was experimenting with putting him in odd slots).

January 20, 2007, 07:55PM #102 Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 08:12PM by mr.happypants
he still doesn't show up thats why it irks me i get a captain marvel name popping up who i dont have all the files for but my hawkeye is non existent. my model is the later one too 20201 all the files are in there but he doesnt show up. update:i stuck in my old herostat and everything works all right ill have to change luke cages size and name but everything else works fine now.

Also if you have the time (again) could you possibly skin Cosmic Spidey please? 
Image: http://www.samruby.com/Spiderverse/Spiderman/CostumeCosmicSpidey.gif

and also if possible a greengoblin skin like how he was in the Spiderman movie?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4c/GreenGoblinMovie.jpg

(As you can tell im a Spidey fan.)

/threadrot
Augh - not the Defoe Goblin!  I still don't understand why they'd villanously cast such a phenomenally expressive and UGLY man like Willem Defoe and put a hard plastic mask on him.  It just makes no sense.
/end threadrot