tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread:

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 16, 2006, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Cosmic Spidey could be done on a reskin of the existing mesh, so for now I wont make him. Try a general appeal to those who are reskinning, and if you have no joy after a month or two, get back to me and I'll reconsider.
The Goblin. If I made one for this game it'd be the comic book version. But I dont think theres a suitable set of animations in the game for a Goblin type character, so untill I know how to export animation sets (and I dont yet), no Goblin, I'm afraid.

Fighting in Mephistos realm with the big guys Gaint Man switch on the fly really fun.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

an odd idea,  but how about goblin in place of norrin radd?

kk i was thinking of replacing silver surfer...id also need a reskin of the glider edit all of his moves but i think i might work on a GG Char. I cant skin thats all. And ill keep asking and if to no avial ill be back requesting Cosmic spidey in a "month or two"

OK, I have a version of the Avengers Mod up at my website:
http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/MUA%20Stuff.html

PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE INSTALLING.
PLEASE BACK UP ANY FILES THAT WILL BE REPLACED.
It should add Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Beast, Giant Man, Hulk, and some extra bonus skins and meshes.
This is a beta version, and  as such may have errors, some I know about some I may may be unaware of. If you find an error, post 'em here I guess.
If you haven't been able to install other Mods, then you won't be able to install this either, despite it being incredibly simple.

Woah, someone's scaring Quicksilver :D

Nice job dude. I'm leaving for a while, but I'll test em for you later tonight. And I'm intrigued by the 'bonus meshes'.

I dl insalled it and plays great,I believe I could fin game in half the time with Quicksilver,still like Gaintman the best soo cool,your really great thanks 8) Yeah I now I see the Scarlet Witch thing,so I'm going to try moveing some things because I really like her.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

tommy, I have a pretty specific request for you. I need a Cable mesh for testing with his PSP XML2 powerset. He has three built in boltons, 2 small guns and 1 large rifle; the rifle is stored on his back, and the guns are holstered on his belt (I'm not sure how much of that is the mesh, but I'd think you'd know better than I based on your work with the MUA PSP chars). Here's some screenies featuring the official model in-game.

If you could find time to make that model, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Blizz, one problem is that unless I know the names of the guns within the model, and name them correctly in my model, they wont work.
Since I don't have the game with him in, I don't know these names, and since I dont have any files with him in, I can't test any guesses I might make.
So what I need from you would be the herostat and talent files that refer to him, or even the PSP model so I could open it up in a hex editor to work out the names of the guns, which is how I got Hawkeye etc to work.
Without these, its a bit of a non-starter as far as testing goes.

Thanks, I think that will do.
It may take a few days to make him, as I'll be starting more or less from scratch.

Take all the time you need. I can't begin testing him yet anyway, as I'm still trying to sort out the animations/effects.

Quote from: mr.happypants on January 20, 2007, 07:38PM
after putting on your herostat hawkeye on my game was erased from his spot even though you say his herostat is on there any idea why that might be?
this is exactly wat happens to me

Quote from: rainy_de_lunche on January 30, 2007, 09:17PM
Quote from: mr.happypants on January 20, 2007, 07:38PM
after putting on your herostat hawkeye on my game was erased from his spot even though you say his herostat is on there any idea why that might be?
this is exactly wat happens to me

Not really.
All I can tell you is that he works for me, but a lot of my files are altered, and not included in the Mod, so it may be that.
I'm looking into a patch/update to the Mod that amongst other things will ensure Hawkeye is present for everyone.