tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread:

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 16, 2006, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: aerophex on January 31, 2007, 02:35PM
Tommy, just got to try out the cable skin and it looks great!  IF you feel like fine tuning, I noticed a few small items that could be tweaked. 
These are of course, assuming one replaces a nick fury skin...
The pistol in his left hand doesn't get used, can you ditch it? 
The rifle could actually be a tad smaller, when you use the SMG ability, it looks like the bullets are coming out of the middle of the gun. 
Can you also rotate the rifle in towards his body at all?  Then it would also line up with the sniper giving the appearance of one gun for all the fun. 

Either way, great work and thanks for appealing to us Cable fans!
Thanks for the kind words.
I don't want to speak for Blizz, but I belive he is in the process of making a Cable Mod, with his own distinct powerset (from Xmen Legends?), so this mesh was made with that in mind, rather than  replacing Fury.
If that's not the case, or doesn't work out I'll make adjustments to see if he cant work better with Fury.

Yep. He was an exclusive in the PSP version of XML2, and I'm doing my best to get him in. The animations are the major problem right now.

Also, I can't get the weapons to hide. Can anyone else? tommy, are you sure you defined them accurately?

I can give you my current build of the Cable mod if you need it to try and fix the weapons (the animations are VERY wip, with only his first power's anim lining up properly, but when I use a Bishop skin, he pulls out his guns at the right times).

Quote from: BliZZ on January 31, 2007, 02:57PM
Yep. He was an exclusive in the PSP version of XML2, and I'm doing my best to get him in. The animations are the major problem right now.

Also, I can't get the weapons to hide. Can anyone else? tommy, are you sure you defined them accurately?

No, to be honest, I'm not sure.
I did what I did for Hawkeye and Black Widow, which is to say I looked at what the weapons were called in the herostat, talent and powerstyle.
Of course, with them we had the animation files, thanks to Noelemahc, so I could test them out.

Oh, wait!
I forgot a crucial setting for the weapons, D'oh!
I'll make the adjustments and upload an update as soon as possible, sorry bout that.

hey guys I also just tried out the avengers back, more great work!
Did you notice you can fastball special beast? LOLz!
The only problem I'm having is that I cannot use vision's eye beam attack.  It's not selectable in-game and if I assign it in the hero screen it comes up blank in the game and can't be used. 
Not too worried about it now, though, cause he rephased inside a wall and is dead! LoLZ!!
Thank you very much guys, keep it up!!!

I've adjusted the settings and names of the guns, and they now are hidden when using the mesh as a Fury stand-in.
So heres the updated Mesh, with an altered Fury powerset to hide the rifle.(I've uploaded it to my site:
http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/MUA%20Stuff.html
)
Blizz, You will need to change references to the weapons in the herostat and Powerstyles to, for instance "gun_right_segment", "rifle_segment". Basically just add "_segment" to the names of the weapons in the Cable files.
Hopefully this will then work both with Fury and Cable.
Let me know how you get on.

Will do. I'll update this post after seeing how it goes :P

Perfection! Thanks a bundle, tommy. It looks and functions great.

By the by, it took me a while to figure out how to hide the Rifle holster on the menu. I eventually used Thor's hammer's set-up to do it, because the way Deadpool's sword is set up wasn't working.

good work.
If you have problems making Icons or Huds, let me know, and I'll whip some up if you can send me the XML icons.
I think this should make some Cable fans quite happy.

Akshually, Cable's icons are in PC XML2. I couldn't get those textures out of the PSP version, similar to the models. His are the only of the 4 to have their icons in the PC version, though. I don't know how to convert the icons yet, so it would be nice if you converted them. There are only 7 in there though, and I need 9. I don't care what the other 2 are, although a picture of a pistol and one of his eye shining make the most sense. I also don't really care what the name bar is, so long as it is Cable related.

Now, I'm off to work on properly animating him!!

Heres Cable's Icons
I included the bmp, so you can see which icon is which (left to right from the top, they go 0,1,2,3 etc etc).
Let me know if you have any problems as I havent checked them in game.
http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=13590d0f29a85d07ecc89d2c74f2defc

I will. Once again, thanks. :P

Actually, there is a problem. Hate to say it, but the bar is too bright. :-[

EDIT; I hadn't noticed that you had offered to make an hud icon. If you would, that would be fabuous. I've got most animations working (some need tweaking), I just need to add a 2nd boost, fix his rapid gunfire move, and fix the extreme.

This Cable mod looks like it's going to be a great one.

Keep up the good work; this looks very, very, very promising.

tommmyboy the skin looks great i hope this can lead to another great mod

O yea im wrong he rox in xml2 and in X-Men Animated Series

QuoteI've got most animations working (some need tweaking), I just need to add a 2nd boost, fix his rapid gunfire move, and fix the extreme.
I seem to have missed this, but... What animations are you using? The XML2PSP ones I've ripped for myself don't work in MUA and CTD XML2, which is not very pleasant (FYI, XML2PSP uses Alchemy 3 (according to the IGB file structure), which means there's no snowball's chance in hell we'd get its native files working in XML2PC and its Alchemy 2).

And I have Cable's files in my big big list of pictures I've set aside for making MUA portraits, so if you're happy with how my previous ones turn out and are willing to wait a bit...
QuoteAkshually, Cable's icons are in PC XML2. I couldn't get those textures out of the PSP version, similar to the models. His are the only of the 4 to have their icons in the PC version, though.
Wow, my method of spelling "actually" seems to be contagious. Ahem.
The trick with XML2 is that the icons aren't BMPs like MUA, but DXT, so the PSP's compression makes them as inaccessible as the actual model textures, which is totally bad for our purposes. Dang.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.