tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread:

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 16, 2006, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Personally, the Emma I'd like to see is Astonishing. While we're at that, we NEED an Astonishing Beast. /drools
Those bastards, tempting us with that XML2 hud_head model and wallpaper!

Imagine, a team of 4 Astonishing X-Men! We have 4 skins now, but Shadowcat is somewhat unrealistic as a playable ;)

Burning_Rage, one thing to keep in mind is that basic females, like your Emma, can easily be done as reskins. It is when they have extras (capes, Electro's mask) that new meshes are required.

Most definitely.  That is on the list of my "want to do's, but have no idea how in the hell to get the new meshes in XML2/MUA".  I wanted to get her uncanny, astonishing, white queen, new x-men, and phoenix outfits in XML2/MUA.  Being busy making her playable, I was just hoping Tommy could help me out with reskinning the XML1 skin (uncanny variant, previous post) for her diamond form for XML2/MUA.

EDIT:  Emma Frost Image Gallery

EDIT2:  Look at that, BliZZ uses the same gallery I do.  :D
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I already posted a Custom White Queen skin in the Custom thread.

PS: He (nor I, nor anyone) can make that skin of yours translucent. If you just want it white, even I could help you with that.

Well it's a start.
A LOT of work to do, not to mention the whole diamond/translucent issue (which I CAN do,on a custom made mesh, but it'll take a while.)
I'll post more when I have it, but for today I'm done.

Ta-Da! Ignore the ponytail, (no clue if that can even be chopped off...) but it's everyone's favorite blue cat-ape! With pants!

http://www.box.net/public/jaxr97ygp7

still a work in progress, but we are getting somewhere..

these shots are me fiddling around with the skin modifier, trying to get the same sort of proportions and morphology as the built in MUAs. She loks a little less dumpy now...

w00t! I didn't want to say anything, but some of your females (Bwidow in particular  ;)) were REALLY short and squat. That Emma looks much improved! Good job, as always, tommy!

Quote from: BliZZ on March 05, 2007, 02:09PM
w00t! I didn't want to say anything, but some of your females (Bwidow in particular  ;)) were REALLY short and squat. That Emma looks much improved! Good job, as always, tommy!

Yeah, I was aware of the problem, but no matter what I did with physique they still looked weird. It seems like the skin modifier is the way to go.
I think it also helps that I remodeled both the mesh itself and the biped to get a taller, thinner look, as I'd erred a bit on the shortness of my original female basic.
As you can see, the process is still in progress, but I'm hoping that I'll end up with morphology thats almost indistinguishable from the original MUA  meshes.
When I have some body types I'm happy with, I'll think about redoing some of the earlier meshes I released. Ideally I'll finally figure out some other improvements like reflections or even....dare I say it, bump-maps, and then redo them, as I dont want to remake everything over and over. I don't mind redoing them all once or twice, but not necessarily everytime I learn a new trick.
But all new releases will obviously benefit from the improved look.

Bump-mapping!! /drools

The only thing that could top that would be custom animations! (think of the possibilities!)

I mention Widow, though, cause your models always looked a little silly in the menu animations, where she was supposed to look sultry, but came off more as a drunk swaggering :D

Another animation to see (this is for all yours, male and female) is the post-death menu anim: once the char dies, hit 'back' and you'll see what I mean. The chars are supposed to be kneeling, heads down, but yours just look odd :P

Hey, tommy, if you are not TOO busy, I'd really appreciate if you did that Uncanny Cannonball that I reqqed a while ago sometime soon. I have a stand-in skin, however, the lack of bolt-on legs really makes it tough to test, as I can't see if I'm getting his legs right. (I've spent the last day or so going through every minion/boss animation set in both XML2 and MUA searching for the best combo of flight/melee/shooting forward :P)

PS: Noel, if you read this, I don't have access to the XML1 anims, and don't really have time to run through the whole game checking, so if you know of any good XML1 ones, they'd be nice as well.

Quote from: BliZZ on March 06, 2007, 05:44PM
Hey, tommy, if you are not TOO busy, I'd really appreciate if you did that Uncanny Cannonball that I reqqed a while ago sometime soon. I have a stand-in skin, however, the lack of bolt-on legs really makes it tough to test, as I can't see if I'm getting his legs right. (I've spent the last day or so going through every minion/boss animation set in both XML2 and MUA searching for the best combo of flight/melee/shooting forward :P)

I'm pretty involved with getting Emma Frost working at the moment, and dont want to "lose momentum" on her. But I'll try to get a cannonball going next.Sorry if I've asked you this before, but do the legs have a specific bolt-on name? ie "segment_legs". I guess I'm also asking if this is something that already exists somewhere, or if I'm making it from scratch and can name the bits whatever I/we want (since you should just be able to edit herostat/talent/powers/packages/whatever to use the name I pick, nest pas?)
anyway, I'd think maybe a week or two for him, as I'm going to have to redo my Male_Basic that serves as a starting point to use the Skin modifier, so that will slow me down (but improve the final product).

That's fine, I was just trying to double-check so that you wouldn't forget :D

RE - Legs:Yeah, they're named, I uploaded a herostat/talent/ps/video thing back a few pages (a while ago :P)

EDIT: Actually, it was the page before this one :P

Can I request an alternative Elektra costume? It is similar to her white Ultimate version but it isn't canonical and that vexed me for some reason. I enjoyed her black leather outfit with the red headband. It looks like you're busy with your Emma Frost model (Which looks fab), I would most absolutely love you if you made this one of your future works ^^

ps: I've noticed a glitch where Elektra seems to have her sai's drawn permanently until the you command her to attack; is it possible you know how this glitch occurs?

~Nat

If I do make that Elektra mesh/skin (and I'm not promising that I will), it wont be for a while yet.
After I get donw with Emma Frost human and diamond versions and then Cannonball I need to get back to the NPC27 Mod, and the 6_costume_change_power/Mod.
Should you NOT hear anything from me on the subject within a month, remind me about it.

Well I plan to start 'meshing' myself; so if I self teach myself well enough under a month; maybe I will create it myself. But if you would create it, that would be awesome.