tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread:

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 16, 2006, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
tommy, while you're on the subject of you fixing up your meshes, is there any way to hide Hawkeye's bolt-ons within his mannequin? Perhaps make a 'mannequin' version, with the back-bow and hand-held arrow bolt-ons removed?

PS: I just reminded myself of this post. Any chance of you giving us a properly animated Red Genis mannequin? Pretty Please? Cherry on top, all that jazz?

I know you're busy, but I just had a small (err.... sort of) request.  Being that I'm not the best skinner yet, could you do a skin for Iceman (reskinning his "civilian" form I believe should be enough, as I want to use it in MUA and XLM2)?  I would like to see the costume Iceman uses in the animated series:

Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

ROFL.

Check the 'custom skins galore' thread.

(BTW, I rofl b/c I wanted that same skin)

:(   I'm sorry, I didn't even see that one...  Now I feel like an ass.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

More emma frost previews.

She looks a bit odd with her xml2 skeleton, (on the right), but much better with the default anims (left).
You may be able to make out in the right hand background the distortion the xml2 keys cause on her arm/shoulder.
Other than that, shes coming along quite nicely.
The diamond form is a complete pain though. That will take a while yet..

Niiiice! Only gripe I can name is that the waist looks too sharply thin, but the rest looks mighty nice! :D

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Noelemahc on March 12, 2007, 07:15AM
Niiiice! Only gripe I can name is that the waist looks too sharply thin, but the rest looks mighty nice! :D

I agree, but my excuse is that "painting" the vertex weights on the torso is a bit of a nightmare. There is a link for the pelvis, lower spine and upper spine and the trick is to have each vertex influenced by all three in the correct ratio. What looks like too narrow a waist is the lower spine link pushing the torso too far down into the pelvis area.  If I adjust the waist to be smoother I then have to continue up (or down) so there isn't a sudden stop, and whenever I've done that so far, I fudge it up. (And you do not want to see her breasts hanging down to her navel, trust me)..
I will probably do a little final tweaking here and there prior to release, which may include the waist, if I can do it without doing any harm. In-game, it looks nicer, the "waist-narrowing" effect is unnoticeable thanks to the obtuse camera angles, and the fact that the menu poses all tend to be weird stances they seldom take in game.
Aaaaanyhoo, she will be the basis for my new female_basic mesh, so when I redo the Widow/Witch/Tigra etc, they should have a better look (and fingers).
Speaking of the Widow, Noelemahc, can you upload the PSP skins for Yelena or any of her other looks, plus Echo? I want to try to match their look (read: copy/paste kitbash, probably) as and when I finally get to making them.

They're all in the Modding Rundown Models thread in the KB for that very kitbashful purpose. I myself am attempting to smack Cable's stuff onto Winter Soldjer, as he already has a gun bolton and the metal arm will require little to no modification XD
(from this post onwards)

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Heres the Diamond version.
The idea is that the flesh is translucent, but the clothes are solid.
I'm not 100% happy with it, but its coming along.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on March 12, 2007, 08:42AM
Speaking of the Widow, Noelemahc, can you upload the PSP skins for Yelena or any of her other looks, plus Echo? I want to try to match their look (read: copy/paste kitbash, probably) as and when I finally get to making them.

tommy, while you are at that, you could try to match the look (read: kitbash :D) of 'Modern', a.k.a. 'House of M', Hawkeye; and then we would have ourselves our 6th Hawkeye skin. (Ultimate, Classic, West Coast, Modern, Golden Archer, Thunderbolts)
Just sayin'  :)

PS: emma's lookin good. So is Cannonball  :o (who can be seen in that backdrop)

nope.
No 'house of meh' stuff from me.
I'll gladly make another Hawkeye skin/mesh (and no, not "street-clothes" either), at some point.
But I thought that House of M was feces from start to finish, and even if I didn't think that, I don't care for that costume, so I wont make it.
Sorry. 

Fair enough. I'm not a House of M fan meself, I was just suggesting it because the skin was already there for your use, so it'd probably be easier on you than making a whole new skin.

More preview:
YJ, Emma, Genis, Sam (and yes, Genis is Mannequin-able, in the correct pose.)